Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Religion... what say you? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which religion do you follow? (if any)
  Christianity
  Buddhism
  Agnostic / Atheist
  Liberal / Philosophical Theism
View Results

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:04 am
@Crow - I quite like your system actually xD because I mean.. it's like, combining religion with independent thinking which is really quite necessary.. but then I suppose people can criticise you for following a sort-of "pick'n'mix" type thing.. hmm.

@Mihiko - ^__^;; that's okay. (:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:31 am
That's a good way of religion, I think. So you take religion as what I think it should be: moral thoughts. But yeah, Christianity is quite exclusive, and that's the part of it I really dislike. I think one should see Jesus as a philosopher and not as son of a god.  

Matyy

xoCrow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:39 pm
I suppose this is also why I dislike going to super religious gatherings. The preacher says something I don't really quite believe in, and I just sit there going "Ehh.." while everyone else is inspired. XP;;

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:19 am
LOL. domokun
i would be bored if
that happened to me. xD  

[.Mihiko-chan.]

xoCrow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:30 pm
As a child I especially hated going to those churches/temples. I get so tempted to fall asleep or play my GameBoy, but my parents would keep on nudging me to listen. After awhile we just gave up going to those places regularly and only went during special occasions.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:36 pm
o. what church did u say u went to??

[.Mihiko-chan.]

kt_jingle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:36 pm
@matyy: agreed.

i think it's good to have a religion,
but not good to force people to adopt your religion.
like i have a few christian friends they keep pushing me, trying to make me convert no matter how many times i said "no, i already have a religion."
i think it's not very democratic; people have their own choices.
i see no point to force.
it's ok if they spread teachings, but not ok if they force you to convert.

then again, the rest of my christian friends are really kind, and very nice, and some are my close friends.

ok, maybe i dunno much about christainity.
sorry if i said anything wrong.
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:10 pm
    × my parents are Christian.. but im not baptise..

whereas i like some of the teachings in Christianity..like the moral values, encouragement, motivation and spiritual value..
    there are some instances which i dont feel right as well...

oh yeah.. i dislike it when they push u to become a Christian... some of the Christians are like that.. but not all..

not all Christians are good Christians... so one should be aware of that... same goes for other religions..hehe..

soumakisa

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:49 pm
Mnn, I agree. When you see girls claiming to be Christian and acting like sluts, or even just being unkind and hypocritical in everyday life.. I guess that's what pisses me off the most about religion in general; the sheer amount of hypocrisy that seems to go on. Of course I don't mean that everyone who is religious is hypocritical, and I realise that the point of religion lies in striving for a perfection we don't have, but even taking that into account it is rather.. unbearable, sometimes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:29 pm
Luckily where I live now, I don't get these incidents anymore but there used to be Mormons who would ALWAYS go around the neighborhood and try to convince people to convert.

I am not against the idea of exposing your religion and giving people options, but pushing is no way to go. But eh, for the most part I'm a logical type of person, so I can't quite wholeheartly argee with everything. As Niph said, independant thinking is important. (:

User Image

xoCrow

xx_mizuki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:48 pm
My family is Catholic, which I suppose is something like Christianity, and I've been enrolled in protestant schools for most of my life, but I'm not a devout. I want to believe in God, but I don't follow all the church's rituals, so I'm not so sure where I'm placed.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:04 pm
yeah. catholic is like sda christians but different in a way.  

[.Mihiko-chan.]

...[N].ight.[R].ain...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:10 pm
soumakisa
    × my parents are Christian.. but im not baptise..

whereas i like some of the teachings in Christianity..like the moral values, encouragement, motivation and spiritual value..
    there are some instances which i dont feel right as well...

oh yeah.. i dislike it when they push u to become a Christian... some of the Christians are like that.. but not all..

not all Christians are good Christians... so one should be aware of that... same goes for other religions..hehe..

yeah that's what my dad said since me and my mother are baptized.It's peaceful to be at church and it's only that i followed my mon's baptism  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:59 pm
..I thought SDA was a Protestant denomination?

Niphz
Crew

a polka dot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:21 pm
    I'm atheist and so are most of my relatives. Yea science~!

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff