Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:52 pm
Katinchen012
Since I plan going to a big con next year, I really want to cosplay someone from a Kaori-Yuki-manga, but this is kind of problematic since I can't sew at all^^'
And I don't know if my mother can, but even if, she doesn't have the time to teach me, and my grandmother lives at the other end of Germany... SO I don't really know if I can do it.
And then the next problem... Rion would be preatty easy, but almost no one knowes Bloodhound, Kurai is a bit...
well, her clothes when she comes back more mature are way too... revealing for me, you know?
My best friend wants to do Alec, and besiedes I fear I don't have the body to cosplay her... sweatdrop
I'd never manage to sew dresses like the ones Jibril wears, and this would leave Sara, Ruri, Kirie, Doll and Lil(and, of course, all the demons), but I don't have the slightest idea if I'm able to do any of their clothes.
I suppose Kirie would be the easiest, wouldn't she?

How about Kurai's outfit towards the end of the manga? THat one is fairly reserved and is pretty cute.

I dont know what kind of resources are available where you are, but a good way to do cosplays is to look at costume patterns (like Butterwicks and Simplicity, etc) they sell at fabric and craft stores. For many of Kaori Yuki's gothic lolita flavored outfits, you can probably pick up a pattern for the floofy skirt very easily. (I have a pattern I like to use for that kind of thing, it was actually a part of a female pirate costume XD with a frilly blouse and bodice and junk).

Then you can alter then length by lopping off the hem accordingly, or adding to it. And you can add your own details to uit your needs.

A lot of pieces for many costumes can be done that way.
A simple cheerleading uniform or swimsuit pattern can turn into Sailormoon's sailor fuku, leotard and bodysuit patterns have an untold number of uses in cosplaying.
At the moment, I'm looking into marching band uniform patterns to see if I can alter one to make the uniforms from Meine Liebe :3  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:43 am
Sai-kun
Katinchen012
Since I plan going to a big con next year, I really want to cosplay someone from a Kaori-Yuki-manga, but this is kind of problematic since I can't sew at all^^'
And I don't know if my mother can, but even if, she doesn't have the time to teach me, and my grandmother lives at the other end of Germany... SO I don't really know if I can do it.
And then the next problem... Rion would be preatty easy, but almost no one knowes Bloodhound, Kurai is a bit...
well, her clothes when she comes back more mature are way too... revealing for me, you know?
My best friend wants to do Alec, and besiedes I fear I don't have the body to cosplay her... sweatdrop
I'd never manage to sew dresses like the ones Jibril wears, and this would leave Sara, Ruri, Kirie, Doll and Lil(and, of course, all the demons), but I don't have the slightest idea if I'm able to do any of their clothes.
I suppose Kirie would be the easiest, wouldn't she?

How about Kurai's outfit towards the end of the manga? THat one is fairly reserved and is pretty cute.

I dont know what kind of resources are available where you are, but a good way to do cosplays is to look at costume patterns (like Butterwicks and Simplicity, etc) they sell at fabric and craft stores. For many of Kaori Yuki's gothic lolita flavored outfits, you can probably pick up a pattern for the floofy skirt very easily. (I have a pattern I like to use for that kind of thing, it was actually a part of a female pirate costume XD with a frilly blouse and bodice and junk).

Then you can alter then length by lopping off the hem accordingly, or adding to it. And you can add your own details to uit your needs.

A lot of pieces for many costumes can be done that way.
A simple cheerleading uniform or swimsuit pattern can turn into Sailormoon's sailor fuku, leotard and bodysuit patterns have an untold number of uses in cosplaying.
At the moment, I'm looking into marching band uniform patterns to see if I can alter one to make the uniforms from Meine Liebe :3

You're right, this outfit could work 3nodding

And I asked my mother yesterday, I'm allowed to practice with some of my old clothes^^
Besides, she told me I should try a sewing class at an... adult education centre? Is this the right word?
So maybe I can do it, it's a whole year until the con takes place.  

Katinchen012

PRINCE-BELIAL

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:40 pm
my cosplay (first in my life XD) photo made at aicon (yaoi convention in Warsaw, Poland 2004)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

it needs a lot of improvement. I'll make it better for sure. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:05 pm
I cosplayed as Sara when I had long hair, then I cosplayed as Katou and got it cut again, now my hair is very short and I cut it and dyed it to cosplay Setsuna. I just need to get my ears pierced one more time... Thinking about it, I should probably grow my hair again and cosplay Arakune. I have quite similar outfits to him anyway..

Maybe I'm too into this, I don't know 0_o;; And I don't even have any pictures!

* My friend had an Angel Sanctuary cosplay party - we had Kurai, Belial, Raphael and Sara. Hardly anyone showed up because they couldn't do the costumes rolleyes  

Machika Balfaltin

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:29 pm
Machika Balfaltin
I cosplayed as Sara when I had long hair, then I cosplayed as Katou and got it cut again, now my hair is very short and I cut it and dyed it to cosplay Setsuna. I just need to get my ears pierced one more time... Thinking about it, I should probably grow my hair again and cosplay Arakune. I have quite similar outfits to him anyway..

Maybe I'm too into this, I don't know 0_o;; And I don't even have any pictures!

* My friend had an Angel Sanctuary cosplay party - we had Kurai, Belial, Raphael and Sara. Hardly anyone showed up because they couldn't do the costumes rolleyes

You can never be too into Cosplay :3 okay...maybe you can...but not in this case XD
You should take pics of your next cos! Maybe there should be another party, but open it up to all sorts of cosplay from different series.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:56 pm
I know halloween is in about 2 months but I'm already thinking of a costume.
I want to dress up as Jibril
or as Merry Weather
I think it would be cool but expensive lol
And I don't know how to get something like that.
I could make it but it would take me time....and I'd need help from my cousin....
but I think it would be worth it biggrin  

Boredom_Kills

Bloodyblade666

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:19 am
crying wish i could cosplay, it looks like fun,,,but money is an issure for a poor broke anime fan. but the ones i see yu guys do rock!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:04 am
It'd be fun to cosplay some Kaori Yuki -character. I'm planning on doing Faceless [Or whatever's his name in English] from Spirited Away movie for next summer. Because It'd be easy to hide behind that mask... But I need two more outfits, and one could be from manga and the other some j-rocker.

But really, if I was a boy, I'd love to cosplay Cain or Ludwig. But because I'm not, I probably have to settle for that bitchy Snow White from Ludwig Kakumei. 3nodding  

Jesterqueen

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:09 pm
Jesterqueen
It'd be fun to cosplay some Kaori Yuki -character. I'm planning on doing Faceless [Or whatever's his name in English] from Spirited Away movie for next summer. Because It'd be easy to hide behind that mask... But I need two more outfits, and one could be from manga and the other some j-rocker.

But really, if I was a boy, I'd love to cosplay Cain or Ludwig. But because I'm not, I probably have to settle for that bitchy Snow White from Ludwig Kakumei. 3nodding

No-face :3 He was cute...
I think Snow White would be a fun and impressive cosplay! (I love her hair!)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:42 am
I don't know how many of you are familiar with Ohio University in Athens Ohio, but that's where I go to school. It's something like the number 2 party school in the country with the 3rd largest street party in the world behind new years in times square and mardi gras.... anywho.... Our big party is a halloween street party, and this year instead of going and laughing at all the WAY too drunk under age people I thought I'd do a little cosplay smile because everyone dresses up, it's part of the street party. So, my friends and I are gonna dress up like some different Kaori Yuki characters and take some mad pictures. Since there's usually about 30,000 people on the streets, I'll have lots of pictures, because everyone dresses up pretty creatively. Just wanted to let you all know, and I think I'm going to post pictures of the progress of my costume as I make it just to get some feed back from everyone. I haven't decided on a character yet, it's either gonna be merry weather, jibril, or cain.... we'll see!  

YGOPaladin

Sesshie-chan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:01 pm
my cosplay sucks. but with a lot of luck and a stroke of skill i might cosplay as a Kaori Yuki charicter. most likely from Angel sancuary and most likely male becuse i really like crossdress cosplay. (okay so i made that word up but i do cosplay as a male charicter.) my most populare cosplays are ryou, malik, yami no malik from yugioh. (it was a phase... rolleyes ) and Laphiji from vampire game. (everyone really thought my hair was that long. lol.)

so maybe i'll post pics when i cosplay as one of Kaori Yuki's charicters....if i'm not too embarassed about my admatureness.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:17 pm
YGOPaladin
I don't know how many of you are familiar with Ohio University in Athens Ohio, but that's where I go to school. It's something like the number 2 party school in the country with the 3rd largest street party in the world behind new years in times square and mardi gras.... anywho.... Our big party is a halloween street party, and this year instead of going and laughing at all the WAY too drunk under age people I thought I'd do a little cosplay smile because everyone dresses up, it's part of the street party. So, my friends and I are gonna dress up like some different Kaori Yuki characters and take some mad pictures. Since there's usually about 30,000 people on the streets, I'll have lots of pictures, because everyone dresses up pretty creatively. Just wanted to let you all know, and I think I'm going to post pictures of the progress of my costume as I make it just to get some feed back from everyone. I haven't decided on a character yet, it's either gonna be merry weather, jibril, or cain.... we'll see!

Cool!
I was thinking of dressing up as merry weather or jibril too ^_^
But I was going to dress up for haloween and hopefully win some costume contests.  

Boredom_Kills

Bemused Dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:46 pm
YGOPaladin

Ooh, that sounds great. I look forward to the pictures whee  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:03 pm
Sesshie-chan
my cosplay sucks. but with a lot of luck and a stroke of skill i might cosplay as a Kaori Yuki charicter. most likely from Angel sancuary and most likely male becuse i really like crossdress cosplay. (okay so i made that word up but i do cosplay as a male charicter.) my most populare cosplays are ryou, malik, yami no malik from yugioh. (it was a phase... rolleyes ) and Laphiji from vampire game. (everyone really thought my hair was that long. lol.)

so maybe i'll post pics when i cosplay as one of Kaori Yuki's charicters....if i'm not too embarassed about my admatureness.

Crossplay :3
I crossplay a lot...actually all of the cosplays ive ever done was a crossplay.
But for halloween this year I'm trying to do Ebisu from Dorohedoro, my first female cosplay!

Also
@YGO
That street party sounds like so much fun!
I wish we had something like it here...halloween tends to be kinda sleepy around here if you dont go to a frat and drink yourself stupid.
Though my friends and I dressed up and went out for halloween last year and went around doing a photoshoot around our campus which has a lot of magnificent old architecture.

Going to try and do it this year too, there is the cutest little ancient graveyard near our apartment that would make a killer set.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

YGOPaladin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:38 am
Sai-kun- an ancient graveyard! That sounds spectacular! Call me creepy if you like, but I LOVE dark, dreary, creepy, spooky kinda settings. Probably part of the reason I love Kaori Yuki stuff, lots of darkness goin on.  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff