Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Atalantë - A new beginning
When did you first get your hands on Tolkien? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tears of the Siren

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:39 am
Animated Lord of the Rings *shudder* gave me nightmares when I was little. That movie had a severe lack of pants.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:28 am
Yeah, gotta give PJ props for adding pants into the mix. xd  

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

The_Great_White_Snark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:14 pm
I wish Mystery Science Theatre 3000 would have a go at The Lord of the Rings. Now that would be awesome. <3  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:57 pm
I tried writing a Hobbit musical once, when I was twelve. I was going through my Shakespeare phase... I had trolls going off on long, heartbreaking soliloquies and dwarves singing their song in "An Unexpected Party" to the tune of Copacabana...  

Galad Aglaron
Crew

Tears of the Siren

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:57 pm
If they ever did make a Hobbit musical, I will be there opening night to see it. I mean, who doesn't want to know the inmost thoughts of a troll?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:34 am
Galad Damodred
I tried writing a Hobbit musical once, when I was twelve. I was going through my Shakespeare phase... I had trolls going off on long, heartbreaking soliloquies and dwarves singing their song in "An Unexpected Party" to the tune of Copacabana...

AHAHAHA.

I formally beg you to finish it. I too would be there opening night. razz  

The_Great_White_Snark

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:06 pm
Galad Damodred
Shakespeare when you were twelve? Ridiculous! So many smart youngsters in this guild!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:36 am
I reckon, I didn't even know who Shakespeare was until I was 12...  

Rudhe
Captain

Freckled Firebird

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:44 pm
My mom read both the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit to my sister and I when we were seven. Took a year to get through all of them, but by the end I was stealing the book and reading ahead, and creating a love that would last. (I have journals written in character, in my horrible 7-year-old handwriting as proof. biggrin ) I remember once getting my entire 2nd grade class to role-play Lord of the Rings with me, and getting all uppity at certain classmates' character choices. ("There are not magical unicorn-riding fairy princesses in Lord of the Rings! You have to be a real character...") *nerd*  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:16 am
Puddum
Galad Damodred
Shakespeare when you were twelve? Ridiculous! So many smart youngsters in this guild!

Eurgh, I'm only thankful I've outgrown him. Hate his dialogue. He's good at storylines and plot twists, but his dialogue is yucky.

Guess what? Oscar Wilde and Virginia Woolf are my anti-drugs now. cool  

Galad Aglaron
Crew

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:48 am
MMmm I suppose with Shakespeare its just out of our time....we're all for the in depth modern characters...

Although I do agree he is good with storylines and plot twists.

I found Wilde's work really intriguing. Not sure if I like it, but he is a genius. Don't think I've read any of Virginia Woolf's work.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:15 pm
::Galad Damodred - I just wanted to say I love your sig. XD

As for Shakespeare, my 4th & 5th grade class always put on a Shakespeare play, so I don't think I'll ever stop liking his plays. I'm a sentimentalist, I guess. Or just a sucker for double entendres, puns, and witty banter.

Freckled Firebird

Tears of the Siren

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:50 pm
I love Shakespeare though. Admittedly there are parts that make me curl up in a ball and go into conniptions, but I still love it. I think The Tempest is my favorite, but the sonnets are really good as well.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:36 pm
I started reading about early 3rd grade, My dad told me about them and got me a Tolkien Bio, LotR, and the Silmarillion for my birthday. When I heard about the movies I went insane! So every year for my dads birthday for the next years we went to On the Border Mexican resturaunt, Then to AMC Movies and saw the (in order, and not on the same day ((duh))) TFotR, TTT, and TRotK. And when I was around seven (Without knowing it was made by tolkien) I read The Hobbit! My dads co-worker had a bookshelf full of all of tolkiens works. He even had three of the origionall maps that Tolkien himself drew. His office had statues and figurenes of LotR. My Language Arts teacher is having us do a term paper on the Elizabethan Era, the time Shakespeare wrote those plays. I am planning on writing on the cullinary endevours of that era.  

Lawliet Riuzaki

Galad Aglaron
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:53 am
Tears of the Siren
I love Shakespeare though. Admittedly there are parts that make me curl up in a ball and go into conniptions, but I still love it. I think The Tempest is my favorite, but the sonnets are really good as well.

Okay, I'll admit that his sonnets are amazing. BLOODY BRILLIANT.

O me, what eyes hath Love put in my head,
Which have no correspondence with true sight!
Or, if they have, where is my judgment fled,
That censures falsely what they see aright?
If that be fair whereon my false eyes dote,
What means the world to say it is not so?
If it be not, then love doth well denote
Love's eye is not so true as all men's 'No.'
How can it? O, how can Love's eye be true,
That is so vex'd with watching and with tears?
No marvel then, though I mistake my view;
The sun itself sees not till heaven clears.
O cunning Love! with tears thou keep'st me blind,
Lest eyes well-seeing thy foul faults should find.

heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart

Although, for poetry, I generally go to Tennyson and Gordon and Milton. Not that I like Milton that much, I just adore Paradise Lost.  
Atalantë - A new beginning

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff