Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Introduce yourself Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nekoearth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:55 am
Greetings. I'm JG. If I were to choose a political label, I would probably choose "Independent," but I'm in California, where, to my frustration, Independents can only vote Democratic in the primaries. I believe very strongly in the power of the individual; this translates politically into a preference for limited government. I believe that neither abortion nor gay rights should be regulated by government: the moral intricacies attached to abortion are too tangled to be left to politicians, and I see homosexuals as individuals before I see them as "gays." I think "global warming" is a part of natural climate fluctuations that's been exploited for political purposes (I despised Al Gore long before "An Inconvenient Truth"). And though I admire the left's concern for the environment, they need better information and more action if they want to make a difference.
In terms of the war in Iraq: we're in, and we shouldn't come out until we're sure the place won't go up in flames when we leave. Look at what a hasty British pullout did to India and Pakistan in the forties: there was massive fighting between Hindus and Muslims where the two had once coexisted, and Pakistan in particular is still a mess.
My two biggest political peeves: 1. polarization between Republicans and Democrats, and, 2. the belief that Muslims are inherently evil. The first one affects me on a highly personal level. I attend a school populated almost entirely by Democrats, and most of my friends are liberals. Many do not know my political orientation. I have not told them I'm politically conservative because if I did, several of my closest, oldest friends would stop talking to me. This is not just hurtful; it's absurd. Most Democrats and Republicans have more political beliefs in common than in opposition; the relatively small differences are inflated by, among other things, our election processes.
My second peeve may set some of the more conservative people here on edge, but rest assured, I'm no jihadist. Neither are most Muslims. My parents lived in Saudi Arabia for several years and have many friends who happen to follow Mohammed and the other prophets. They are perfectly normal, friendly people. One of these Muslim friends actually knitted me a Christmas stocking. Furthermore, they believe in the same God that Christians and Jews do ("Allah" is Arabic for "God"). Muslims in America are treated horribly as a rule, and this bothers me quite a lot. At our stage in societal development, we should be beyond this kind of prejudice. Ignorance is our biggest obstacle.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:38 pm
Salutations! My name is Kassondra and you can all call me Kass for short, if you'd prefer. I have been a Republican since I can remember, grew up in a poor household with a strong set of very traditional and conservative morals which I still carry with me today. My grandfather was the greatest and most wonderful man I've ever known (besides my husband, of course) and served 20 years in the Navy.

I currently live in Canada, living with my husband. We plan to move back to the U.S. as soon as our years of study are completed here. I was born and raised in the very liberal state of California but managed to keep my firm beliefs in tact even through the insults and disapproval of former childhood friends and peers. Ironically, I am an actress, and even though I am constantly being challenged and put down due to my personal values, I continue on. I have great pride in my country and in my political party.

There are too many issues for me to state which one irks me the most but I am definitely against abortion, homosexuality and I do support what we're doing in Iraq. If we have the power to change the lives of so many for the better, protect these people againt terrorists, letting them sleep at night in peace, showing them what freedom really means and that it IS real, why don't we?

Very happy to meet you all and be a part of this guild. Feel free to contact me by PM. I'm actually rather pleasant. n_n

realdanglucky

Lucky Bloodsucker

x-The Boss-x

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:19 pm
im vanessa... you can call me boss though. i used to be independent but with the coming election i find myself leaning more towards the conservative side. im 20 yrs old and im in my senior year of college. i just got done arguing with a buncha morons about why obama isnt the best choice (see topic here http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/general-discussion/dear-obama-followers/t.43496869_391/#396) and pretty much the thing that pisses me off is how a lot of people do not make informed decisions when it comes to political participation  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:42 pm
Hello 4laugh my name Sonjalee, republican, fiscally conservative, socially right-moderate, Christian. I believe in feminist ideals that promotes real independant womanhood, not the abortion. I also believe in protecting the environment and conserving without the government looking over our shoulders and taxing us. Really, I'm just for smaller government, lower taxes and a stronger military.
I'm currently a temp game tester trying to get into game development and then into animation. And I'm sure that would a lot easier with lower taxes. I have faith in humanity that if left alone, civilization could prosper.  

Latopazora

The Hallowed Mouse

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:45 pm
Welcome! Our rule here is debates must have facts, not 'flames' it's better than the ED and GD! But a little slower xD  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:39 am
Hello. I am a Christian Republican. I don't believe in global warming and think it is an excuse for people to blame other people. I am for the war in Iraq and think we will never completely pull out, and all the argument about it will fade away. After all, I live in Ramstein, Germany, at the Airbase, and we still haven't pulled out after 50 years! I am hoping coming here there is less unbased arguments and they are more fun to argue(that is why I am here at Gaia).  

Gandind

BlackBelt-San

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:29 am
Hi, everyone!

My name is Christy, and I am very conservative, traditional, and a Christian single mom. I've been addicted to Fox News Channel ever since 9-11-01. I am also the very proud daughter of a Marine, and now regret that I never joined the military. I support them all the way, and want each and every person who is, or ever was, serving in any of our military branches to know that I am tremendously grateful and appreciative of what they are giving us now, and have been giving to us since the beginning of our great nation! I really do sleep better every night knowing they are out there protecting my children, and loved ones, that they don't even know!!
I love listening to and watching Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck, Shawn Hannity, El Rushbo, Ann Coulter, Fred Barnes, Brit Hume, Charles Krouthhammer, Michelle Malkin, and Neil Cavuto.
I am a Reagan-loving, PRO-LIFE, PRO-USA, PRO-gun ownership, PRO-English (being established as our national language), PRO-LLEEEGGGAAALLLL Immigration, PRO-Tax Relief, PRO-Military, Pro-Parent, Pro-school voucher, Pro-Homeschooling, RIGHT-wing Capitalist who loves God & Country, family, kids, animals, home (Earth), the beach, martial arts, apple pie and the 4th of JULY!!!!
And as you can all see... I love to talk, so am looking forward to discussing issues and current events with you all!

Hope to be chatting with you all soon!

Christy ^_^

p.s. I definitely wish I could have been a fly on the coffeetable in front the Clinton's while they watched McCain's disclosure of his running-mate!!! The look on their faces must have been priceless!!! (he-he-he)  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:10 am
Welcome >.<  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

PhoenixFire1987

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:57 pm
Yo. my name is diana. i was pretty much grown into a republican household, but i wanted to stay republican since i disagree with most of the democratic veiws. nothing much to say.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:29 pm
I'm Nick. I'm 16 years old and a staunch Republican. Just check out my page lol.

If I had to pick one thing that made me angrier than anything else, I'd have to say it's the extremely biased media (on the liberal side, of course). I've noticed that most news stations only tell the liberal side of the story, I'm not saying that there aren't conservative news sources, or neutral (Fox, for instance); but I am saying that I'm tired of the liberal sources dominating the others. I know not much can be done, but that really gets me going.

P.S. I once took a liberal/conservative test just for fun. It told me I was so conservative I made President Bush look like Nancy Pelosi, lol. (I think I only answered one question liberally, somewhere in the social category.)  

Nathan Galvan

Othello_ollehtO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:52 pm
Welcome! Yeah, it's a common known fact that news casts are biased =_= it's the sad truth. Here's a question that might be hard to answer, are there any news casts that are NOT biased? Anyway, welcome (said it again, sorry, and sorry for that little comment)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:55 pm
Sorry, this is a very belated introduction. I am Othello_ollehtO and I'm a moderator here (yay!). I belong to no political party (I'm independent) whoever has the same ideals that I have [no matter the party (as long as it's not communist)] I'll go for. I'm a Christian and I'm Pro-Life and for gay rights (to an extent meaning I support the right but not the choice) and as you can tell I like parenthesis =_=
I tend to ramble and have strong views on things so, in advanced if I offend anyone at any time I'm sorry.
heart  

Othello_ollehtO

Nathan Galvan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:08 pm
Othello_ollehtO
Welcome! Yeah, it's a common known fact that news casts are biased =_= it's the sad truth. Here's a question that might be hard to answer, are there any news casts that are NOT biased? Anyway, welcome (said it again, sorry, and sorry for that little comment)

lol, yeah. You've got a point there lol .  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:25 am
Welcome to all the new members.  

DanskiWolf

iRepublic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:46 pm
Hi my name is Teo. biggrin call me Rep or Teo. Im from Indonesia. 17 and Single xd just joined Gaia. I'm always interested on many peoples point of view. biggrin And i hope in this guild we can all share about our views without any useless debates about things thats not necessary xd
Anyway, nice to meet you guys I really love it. biggrin  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces