Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Oh lookie here...something making fun of us atheists! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pollwhores
  GIMME GOLD
View Results

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:21 pm
ProjectOmicron88
Arios V
ATHEISM KILLS.... some scary stats

Here's something made to poke fun of us, just see for yourself. Also, read the comments, should provide some entertainment.

Anyone notice the fact that the vast majority of deaths listed were direct results of political agendas and not religious agendas? Very, very crucial flaw. Communism is fundamentally different, in a staggering variety of ways, from atheism. NEVER confuse the two.

Nuh uh! All the Communists were Atheists because Atheism is their religion! And Evolution says life came from a monkey!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:58 am
Theophrastus
ProjectOmicron88
Arios V
ATHEISM KILLS.... some scary stats

Here's something made to poke fun of us, just see for yourself. Also, read the comments, should provide some entertainment.

Anyone notice the fact that the vast majority of deaths listed were direct results of political agendas and not religious agendas? Very, very crucial flaw. Communism is fundamentally different, in a staggering variety of ways, from atheism. NEVER confuse the two.

Nuh uh! All the Communists were Atheists because Atheism is their religion! And Evolution says life came from a monkey!

Oh, and I s'pose these people think the universe was an asplosion at one point eh?  

ProjectOmicron88

55may55

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:50 pm
Quote:
1. Has NO concept of weirdo and none-weirdo

You're right I really have no idea what that is supposed to mean.
Quote:
2. Filled with pride and think your to smart to have faith

Does that mean Christians are stupid?
Quote:
3. Thinks scientific evidence is the ULTIMATE evidence and wont think on any other grounds
It is not the ULTIMATE evidence, I mean it doesn't answer everything, but neither does the Bible.
Quote:
4. Thinks life is ALL about sex

Well that is a bit off topic. Besides I have A LOT of Chistian friends and all they think about is sex. I guess that means they're Atheist now.
Quote:
5. More likely to become a criminal as you belieave there is no supreem being that will punish you for your sins no matter what.

More like I don't want to go to jail.
Quote:
6. More likely to be a coward as you dont think your soul will be saved if you have been faithful enough.

Well if I don't believe in the whole soul saving anyway then why should I be afraid?
Quote:
7. stupid
I thought it said we were "too smart" in #2.
Quote:
8. Likely to go to hell
But, I don't believe in hell.
Quote:
9. all of the above
*giggle* Christians are funny. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:02 pm
Marrot the Psycho
Quote:

5. More likely to become a criminal as you belieave there is no supreem being that will punish you for your sins no matter what.
6. More likely to be a coward as you dont think your soul will be saved if you have been faithful enough.

Those are the three people always use against me. Why is it that religious people think it's a good argument to basically state, "if you have no religion, then you have no values".

So... what? I need a book to tell me to be a good person? Really, whenever they say this, it's like they're saying, "if God didn't tell me to be good, I wouldn't be."

Now really... who's a better person:
A. The religious guy who helps the poor because he'll be rewarded in heaven?
-or-
B. The atheist who helps the poor because all human beings are worth saving?

justamunkey

Superior Jazz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:26 pm
Quote:
"If you are atheist you fall into these demographies:

Democratics.
Quote:

Come again? You don't see us running about in a Non-god-mobile. No robes. No stupid hats. No child molestation charges.
Quote:
2. Filled with pride and think you're too smart to have faith

I am proud. Nothing wrong with that. I want recognition for what I have done.
Quote:
3. Thinks scientific evidence is the ULTIMATE evidence and won't think on any other grounds

Because we all know that the Bible, which was likely written by some stoned-out fruits back then. And what other grounds are there?
Quote:

Guilty. But I'm almost 20. And male. Hello?
Quote:
5. More likely to become a criminal as you believe there is no supreme being that will punish you for your sins no matter what.

Four letters... LAWS. That's who is going to punish us if we screw up. And we are no more likely to become criminals than the next Joe.
Quote:
6. More likely to be a coward as you don't think your soul will be saved if you have been faithful enough.

No belief in a soul. Can't be saved if it's not there, is it? And I agree... cowards live longer.
Quote:
7. Stupid

Look who's talking, you neanderthalic macro-invertebrate. And capitalize your damn sentences.
Quote:
8. Likely to go to hell

Already planned on it. I hear Michigan's nice this time of year...
Quote:
9. All of the above

See above comments.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:00 pm
justamunkey
Marrot the Psycho

Those are the three people always use against me. Why is it that religious people think it's a good argument to basically state, "if you have no religion, then you have no values".

So... what? I need a book to tell me to be a good person? Really, whenever they say this, it's like they're saying, "if God didn't tell me to be good, I wouldn't be."

Now really... who's a better person:
A. The religious guy who helps the poor because he'll be rewarded in heaven?
-or-
B. The atheist who helps the poor because all human beings are worth saving?

Turn that argument on its ear - that means that no matter how awesome a person's achievements were, no matter how incredible and world-changing, that person should never get the credit. We should rename Kennedy Space Center to God Space Center, because the good things JFK did were actually done by God. The Nobel Prize should become the God prize. The Martin Luther King Jr. memorial? ******** THAT! It's the God memorial, now!

Another fine example of Christian hypocrisy, that people should get credit for good things that happen but the devil or God's Mysterious Plan (tm) gets credit when things go wrong.

I'll take personal accountability, thanks.  

Theophrastus

Doctor Salt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:49 pm
Marrot the Psycho
Quote:
"If you are atheist you fall into these demographies:

2. Filled with pride and think your to smart to have faith
3. Thinks scientific evidence is the ULTIMATE evidence and wont think on any other grounds
7. stupid
8. Likely to go to hell
9. All of the above"

Dude. Life IS sex. How do you think people were born? Oh wait, perhps we fell from the sky in buisness suits? rofl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:44 pm
Gummi Joker

Dude. Life IS sex. How do you think people were born? Oh wait, perhps we fell from the sky in buisness suits? rofl

I was born in a sarong with a lovely head of long blonde hair, but I got reconditioned into a short, chubby guy in a black tee, Dickies and Cons. XD  

Theophrastus

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces