Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Atalantë - A new beginning
You wanna know why I hate movie-version Legolas? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tears of the Siren

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:21 pm
I like the choices made for the actresses, particularly Miranda Otto for Eowyn. She really looked the way I expected Eowyn to look.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:07 pm
The only elves that I may have some problem with the casting is Haldir and Celeborn. Especially Celeborn....but that could've just been something else. I didn't think he really shone out as an elf (especially since, in some shots it looked as though he had definitely had facial hair at some point and had to shave it off...I still can't ever get my head around elves not having facial hair, but does it ever really state anywhere that they didn't?)  

Elenyae

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:53 pm
Whats wrong with Haldir? I liked him....I thought he filled out the character as well.

I did agree with you about Celeborn though.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:18 pm
I though Celeborn was ok. I mean, he's not really that important. The only important thing about him is that he's married to Galadriel. Every time I've read FotR, he's always struck me as kind or bland and boring.  

Tears of the Siren

Galad Aglaron
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:16 am
Haldir looks kinda like one of my teachers. A bit ungraceful, if you ask me.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:04 am
Tindomerel Elenin
I thought they could have used a much prettier actress for Arwen too ninja

In fact... they could have better cast all of the female characters, not that any of them are bad actresses, but none of them were exactly jaw-dropping knock-outs in my opinion.

You kidding me? Cate Blanchett was hawt.  

The_Great_White_Snark

WillowElm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:47 am
-Gaara-SandyDeath-
I don't know why you are all banking up on all the elf charecters! i mean they are supposed to be the most fairest beings of middle earth! If you want to see ugly elves, look at those elves from the councile of elrond, and lord elrond himself! He is soooooo ugly! he has like a gigantic forehead and he's all wrinkley and...just eww. So stop being so annoyed at legolas's beauty, at leat he's not hideouse.

Pshaw. Let's see how good you look when you hit your first millennium. wink Elrond was also half-human, so you could say that he aged more than other elves. Personally I'm in agreement with the others, Elrond is teh smex. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:05 pm
Haldir and Legolas have something in common that's always bothered me about the movies: their eyebrows are distractingly black compared to their blond hair. I understand the actors wouldn't want to bleach their eyebrows but it just looks so wrong.  

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Galad Aglaron
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:01 pm
Elenyae
Okay, with all these people whiney whiney about bad casting for the roles of Arwen and Eowyn...

...who would you have cast instead? Just curious to know..

And if someone says Nicole Kidman I will curl up in a hole and die...

Why? I thought Nicole Kidman would've been a good choice for Eowyn... she's got this whole "cold, beautiful, untouchable" thing going for her.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:16 am
True...but can you picture Nicole Kidman wanting join the army of Rohan?  

Rudhe
Captain

Galad Aglaron
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:42 pm
I can, actually...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:49 pm
Wow, this topic is still going!

I would like to point out that I loved Cate as Galadriel. I didn't mind Miranda as Eowyn... but I suppose my main peeve was with Arwen.

Kidman would have looked too old to play Eowyn. Naomi Watts, however...

And for Arwen, well, I would have liked Natalie Portman, but that may have something to do with my being obsessed with her. Though I admit... I don't know that her acting style would have meshed with the character... I'd mostly like it in appearance.  

Tindomerel Elenin

Rudhe
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:31 am
Natalie Portman is a absolutely gorgeous actress, but I have to say I really do like the cast choice in the LOTR. Especally compared to the mediocre or overshadowed acting in the more recent fantasy themed films where CG is the driving force behind the movie.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:18 pm
You said it, girl.  

Galad Aglaron
Crew

Ametrin

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:25 am
I saw in this thread many people telling about how they didn't like Liv Tyler as Arwen.... I must say I really really liked her in that role. And I thought she displayed the character perfectly... she had ethereal graceful beauty (and I have to say I find such narrow faces beautiful) and at the same time she was a strong woman.  
Atalantë - A new beginning

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff