Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)
Resident Evil Music Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which was your favorite Soundtrack?
  Resident Evil 1 (remake included)
  Resident Evil 2
  Resident Evil 3
  Resident Evil: Code Veronica
  Resident Evil: Zero
View Results

Kadeejah Seshat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:51 am
*tacks a medal to Biohazard EXTREME's shirt* We love you, man! rofl

As far as the game soundtracks go, I really enjoy - and own - all of them (the mainstream games, Survivor, the Orchestral albums, etc, etc...). ...Probably because we have like...Eight speakers we can hook our GameCube, stereo, or DVD player up to at any one time, but still. xd Listening to them with earphones/headphones connected to an equalizer is infinitely better. I just have to argue with my father whether to turn up the bass - for me, or the treble - for him. If we did both, our neighbors' windows would blow out...

The soundtrack for 4 is easily my least favorite. It was just so plain and boring, and had no where near the ambiance of the other albums. About the only pieces I truly liked out of the while thing were Wesker's Mercs theme, the endings to Assignment Ada, and the "crazy music men" background music from the opening. blaugh

For a favorite...It would be a toss-up between 2 and 0. I love the spooky-ooky feel of 2, because it really added to the emotional imbalance of everything. Maybe I'm just biased there because I think Sherry is so dang adorable though. sweatdrop But for 0, I dunno why, but I love the music for the final boss battle against the Leech Queen, even if the constant HONKING can get massively annoying while you're playing. Heheh...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:23 am
I definitely liked the music from Zero the best. The sound was cleaner - of course, you can expect that, being as how it was one of the more recently produced games in the series. Mind you, said cleanness - is that a word? - took away some extent of the creepiness that a lot of people were saying makes the games what they are...but I still think that Zero's tracks were my favorite in general. Particularly the various boss battle sequences...and Billy running to save Becky from the big hole in the floor. >>; MONKEYS!  

Himochi Kouen

Kadeejah Seshat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:55 am
Now that I think...

When playing RE3, being in a save room with no music was more than a bit disturbing...>>...It was nerve-wracking waiting for NumNums to bust down the door and pummel my head in. It felt like "...Where'd all the love go? Somehow just sucked all the love and safety out of my four-walled security blanket."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:14 pm
Heh, I remember using RE music for a class project in Graphics. It was a parody scary movie, with me, my brother, and my cousin. I used Nemesis's theme for when the killer showed up. Funny stuff.

Oh, a good place for RE tunes is www.evilunleashed.com  

Hanibal Rex

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:28 pm
Yup. Great site.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:51 pm
Himochi Kouen
I definitely liked the music from Zero the best. The sound was cleaner - of course, you can expect that, being as how it was one of the more recently produced games in the series. Mind you, said cleanness - is that a word? - took away some extent of the creepiness that a lot of people were saying makes the games what they are...but I still think that Zero's tracks were my favorite in general. Particularly the various boss battle sequences...and Billy running to save Becky from the big hole in the floor. >>; MONKEYS!
I loved Zero's and Remake's music. Especially the ending tunes and the save rooms (Zero's save room on the train helped to calm me down and slow my heart rate).  

Muffia_Smith

Vankala

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:18 pm
I love the music from Zero and CV:X. In fact, I have "The Code Is Veronica" as my ringtone. razz I just love that song. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:05 pm
I'm gonna be honest. Code Veronica soundtrack was good, but it got old, and I now consider it overrated. Actually, same with the Matrix. It had some very interesting, very original music for its time, but that Techno-Symphony got so old just from watching the Matrix movies a few times... I don't feel it.

Same with RE, I think I like the RE2 soundtrack the most overall, but more so I enjoy a selected few from every game.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:42 am
I'm not going to lie to you... I definitely have 'Peace of Mind' as my text ring tone... biggrin

My actual phone ring tone remains to be the victory fanfare from Final Fantasy... I just couldn't resist..  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:29 pm
One of the many things I loved about Resident Evil: Extinction is that the movie had theme music that was very reminiscent of the main theme from the first movie that was done by Marilyn Manson.
I'm not sure if it was Manson who made the theme music for Extinction, but it definitely had the same sound. I absolutely loved it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vankala

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:47 pm
Yea, i thought so too. I remember thinking "I gotta get the soundtrack to this. I like this theme music." 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:52 pm
Well, not only that it was good. But it was LIKE the one in RE1, so it actually was reminiscent of the first RE movie.

Personally, I like that all three films have a whole different look to them. (RE: Labs, REA: Destroyed City, REE: Desert) But Apocalypse almost felt like a whole separate movie altogether. It didn't really give an impression of a sequel. Extinction actually brought back the Mansion and Lab Replica in Umbrella's underground facility. The laser walls. Just the intro in itself. It felt a lot more like, "Well, this is the aftermath of that very first movie."
And the music helped a LOT.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:20 pm

Did anyone else notice in Extinction when Isaacs turns into the tyrant for the first time and the camera zooms out of the lab, the music/noise is all violin scratches reminiscent of RE0??

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:58 am
I did notice that. Nice touch.

I will be purchasing the Extinction soundtrack sometime in the near future. It was one of my favorite aspects of the movie.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:53 pm
Yeah, same here. I liked the music in Apocalypse, but it pissed me off, cause looking at the soundtrack (Unless I misread it) I didn't see any of the original score music. All I saw was the source material like songs by other bands that they used. I liked the original scoring in Apocalypse.

Hopefully Extinction will have the score music in it as well.  
::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games