Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Atheist Drug Policy. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drugs should...
  ...be legal!
  ...well, some drug should be legal.
  ...be allowed to those with illnesses only.
  ...stay illegal forver!
  ...what? Wait, where's the pot-head option???
View Results

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:20 pm
XWraith_LordX
Let's legalize pot in the US and tax the hell out of it.

User Image
That may happen sooner than you think. Especially with this kind of coverage.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:44 pm
I can't believe no one's mentioned gangs!!! It would be very difficult for them to exist if they had no revenue. Do you see gangsters in the office? How about working in the library? How are they living so well, with the money to buy Southpole fashions and rap music?? They have to get it from somewhere. I don't think they're all robbing banks. A portion of the money likely comes from burglarizing houses, but certainly that's not all they subsist on. The drug trade plays a huge role. We could get rid of drug cartels and drug dealers for the most part if we made drugs widely available to the public. We all know what happened when Prohibition came around. Crime increased, people flagrantly disobeyed the law, and they made alcohol in their own homes! I think we could definitely see less drug-related crime if drugs were legalized. And I mean every kind of drug. If you're stupid enough not to read the labels I'd imagine we'd put on them, or do research, or simply don't care about what happens to your body, go right ahead!
Not to mention the economic changes it would bring. Taxes, glorious taxes on drugs to support the people wise enough to say No.
I fully support legalizing drugs.
And I love that Time article. I would love to have that option available when I get old.  

Eccentric Detective

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces