Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Have you ever been beaten senseless for being Atheist? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baron von Turkeypants

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:49 pm
Soy un hombre muy honrado,
que me gusta lo mejor
Maiming someone in self-defense is not being an a*****e.
Las mujeres no me faltan,
ni el dinero ni el amor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:39 pm
Baron von Turkeypants
Soy un hombre muy honrado,
que me gusta lo mejor
Maiming someone in self-defense is not being an a*****e.
Las mujeres no me faltan,
ni el dinero ni el amor

He means the gloating afterwards is. The point I'm making is the fact that your assailants need to make sure never to screw with you again. It all depends on the cause of the fight what to say...it's not religious hatred, it's contextual. It depends on the situation.  

ProjectOmicron88

x Kanetsugu Naoe x

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:47 am
Yeah, I pressed charges, but the judge just had him do community service... which the b*****d enjoys. And I wouldn't have been able to defend myself; his dad was watching. I hate the legal system and I would beat the son of a b***h, but I kind of don't want to go to jail. That's part of the reason I hate the US of A.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:28 am
Holland_sof
Yeah, I pressed charges, but the judge just had him do community service... which the b*****d enjoys. And I wouldn't have been able to defend myself; his dad was watching. I hate the legal system and I would beat the son of a b***h, but I kind of don't want to go to jail. That's part of the reason I hate the US of A.

So his dad was watching. No jury in the world would have convicted you for defending yourself.  

ProjectOmicron88

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:53 am
You know, if you wanted to, you could probably have the ACLU all over you here.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:07 am
Tenth Speed Writer
ProjectOmicron88
God's love hard at work. That makes me sick.

Feeling all that christ love flowing through your fist into an unbeliever's face.

Remember, believing in something DOES give you the right to hurt others as long as you can interpret what it says as telling you that you can. 3nodding

I feel utterly sick.

Is that the excuse for the Crusades, than?

Sanguvixen

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:09 am
By the by, that's just horrible that anyone would attack someone for believing in something different. But...that's the world we live in, unfortunately.

It sucks...but what are you going to do?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:29 pm
Sanguvixen
Tenth Speed Writer
ProjectOmicron88

Feeling all that christ love flowing through your fist into an unbeliever's face.

Remember, believing in something DOES give you the right to hurt others as long as you can interpret what it says as telling you that you can. 3nodding

I feel utterly sick.

I'd imagine it is.

Honestly... the Bible says whatever people want it to say. The God that 'told' the people of Europe to launch the Crusades wasn't the same God that 'told' President Bush to commit so much so quickly to the middle east, or the same God that 'tells' so many how to lead their lives.

The Bible isn't perfect, and even though there is clear wisdom imparted into it, more often than not it's so ambiguous that anyone who feels the desire to do so can bend it to support them nigh-flawlessly.

Though, such is the folly of using ancient texts almost exclusively as the basis for a way of life, I suppose.  

Tenth Speed Writer

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:45 pm
Tenth Speed Writer
Sanguvixen
Tenth Speed Writer
ProjectOmicron88

I feel utterly sick.

I'd imagine it is.

Honestly... the Bible says whatever people want it to say. The God that 'told' the people of Europe to launch the Crusades wasn't the same God that 'told' President Bush to commit so much so quickly to the middle east, or the same God that 'tells' so many how to lead their lives.

The Bible isn't perfect, and even though there is clear wisdom imparted into it, more often than not it's so ambiguous that anyone who feels the desire to do so can bend it to support them nigh-flawlessly.

Though, such is the folly of using ancient texts almost exclusively as the basis for a way of life, I suppose.

Well, the fact that we still use the Hippocratic Oath, the fact that our government itself is based on Roman and Greek concepts of democracy and the republic, and the fact that we make banks with fluted columns should tell you something about how we in the modern era view the ancient world. What it's always told me is that humanity, as a species, is incredibly resistant to change.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:57 pm
That's is sickening that things like this occurs. No one should be beaten up for their personal choice of faith.

I personally have never been beaten up or attacked for my choice of faith. But I am not open about it either. If asked, I just blend in. It's not the fact that I'm afraid to speak my mind...

I'm just afraid of the people around me and what they might do.

What difference does it make anyways if I say if I'm an atheist or not to them if asked, I'll go on perfectly with my life afterwards if I lie. I won't feel any worse about my self, because I know that is just saved me any harassment that might have occurred. I don't like to be annoyed.

I don't like lying, I'm a very honest person... I just don't like making myself a target.  

Jessica Malatori

x Kanetsugu Naoe x

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:58 pm
I'll tell you what you can do about the blasted world! You rebel. Get supporters, (believe me, many people want change) declair your independence to the world, and if anyone wants to challenge them simply take them out.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:01 am
Man, it really sucks being a dude. You guys always seem to get beat up by other dudes that are full of testosterone and manly love for Jesus.

If someone beat me up for my beliefs, I'd have women's rights activists all over that son of a b***h. Unless, of course, it was another b***h. Bit if it was, I could probably taker her. I mean, I'm a pretty big girl... twisted  

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:52 pm
Meirelle
Man, it really sucks being a dude. You guys always seem to get beat up by other dudes that are full of testosterone and manly love for Jesus.

On the other hand, we can pee standing up! HA!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:17 pm
Holland_sof

No, that's good! I got into a fight like this. See, you have to beat the s**t out of the father too, or nothing will ever get done.  

Kiyrugoji

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:10 pm
Holland_sof

What, you'd rather live in some mythical country where it was okay to murder?

I think your problem is less about the USA and more about human nature and the weaknesses of the current modern judicial system.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff