Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
The Dueling Arena ~The RP~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:25 pm
((okay, wait... I still need to know how Takamura's strike is angled. Is he trying a slash like before, down or up or across... or is he trying to thrust the sword in tip-first? As for Saito, I'm assuming from the description (and from Saito's previous experiences) that Saito's attack is meant to run the Shardra through.
I'm only bothering so much about it because with this creature it really does make a huge difference in how effective the attacks can be.))  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:12 am
You Will Never Be A Man
((the katana isn't designed for stabbing, and based on Taki's previous experience he now decides to slice vertically downwards, with the feathers as opposed to horizontally against them. This provides him the most oprotunity to do actual damage to the creature while maximizing the effectiveness of his katana. He's banking on the fact that the feathers are attached like normal bird feathers and not like armor.))
Unless You Are A Gentleman

Takamura Kobayashi

Dangerous Hunter

5,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:32 pm
((Thanks much! Yeah, the feathers are attached in the same way. It's a real bird (as in not mechanical, but made up and not really real), it just has feathers made from a different material than normal birds have for their feathers. ^_^ ))

The Shardra did run right into Saito's attack; presumably it would have dodged somewhat if it hadn't been momentarily blinded by the flash of light from the flare ball that Christie had thrown. Saito's thrust ran through the ribcage of the oversized bird, likely through a lung or at least close enough to damage it, which combined with the impact left the creature winded. Though the Shardra's attack was far weaker than it otherwise would have been, it snapped at Saito's arm with its metallic eagle's beak, a beak big enough to hold a human head with ease.

Considering it already had its abdominal cavity damaged from earlier, Takamura's downward slash just after Saito ran it through from the front made a thorough mess of the Shardra's insides below its stomach. It cringed in pain and tried to kick at Takamura, scratching at his midsection with the talons on its hind foot as it started collapsing.

Then there was also the energy Saito had channeled through his sword, which did more damage to the Shardra as it was biting at him and kicking at Takamura. Right after those moves, the energy attack would leave the Shardra stunned.

Meanwhile, there was somewhat of a commotion of shouting from the other people in the area, but Saito and Takamura couldn't reasonably have been expected to make sense of it while they were attacking the Shardra, especially considering the people were talking over each other and not very distinctly.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:39 pm
There was a spray of blood as the shardra bit into his arm, but his stance did not budge, He was already in too far and was only sustaining the energy of his sword to literally cook the bird from the inside. He could feel his energy quickly leaving him as well as his blood, This was the only thing he could do now while the other would hopefully finish off the bird. He raised his free arm and grabbed at the birds head, holding it there while looking over to Takamura "Kill it while I can still do this!" He shouted over it all.

((Saito is incapable of doing anything else right now, So he will act as a distraction while Takamura kills it off, or he will get thrown off to the side by the shardra, Either way he will be out for a while in any case, Massive damage has been sustained.))  

SJ3 Lone Samurai

Takamura Kobayashi

Dangerous Hunter

5,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:59 pm
You Will Never Be A Man
Takamura nodded as he stood between the creatures wings, causing it to writhe violently. Maintaining his footing Takamura plunged his katana downwards, between the feathers and into the creatures neck, hopefully severing the spinal cord, or slicing open a jugular. If all else failed he would atleast hit the trachea when his sword penetrated the other side. He removed his sword and stabbed a second time, this time on the other side of the spine than where he was, just to be sure.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:25 am
The Shardra shrieked, making sounds that might have passed for language on some other planet. In the fading light of the flare, the extra-large bird went through a series of spasms as the attacks finished it off. It no longer had an intelligent gleam in its eyes, and was laying in its own blood and gore.

Over by the doorway, it seemed that the albino was unconscious or worse, and Raul was slumped over between both BillBobs. they were sitting on the floor, facing the same direction now thanks to Christie's help.

As the Shardra was dying, Christie made her way to where Saito was. She threw another flare ball at the floor while pulling a bottle of something out of her pouch. She sort of jog-shuffled, not quite having recovered. But she hadn't sustained any major injuries, so she'd be fine soon enough.

"Help me with this, please!" she called to Takamura, indicating the Shardra's large beak, which was firmly clamped down on Saito's arm. "Help pry it open while I treat the wound."

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

SJ3 Lone Samurai

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:54 am
Saito had gone down with the shardra, now kneeling with his hand still firmly holding the sword hilt, it was the only way he knew it was still attached. A small pool of his own blood had formed around the area, he could tell the bones were broken in the spots where the beak met his arm, the only thing that was holding it together was the ligaments and the undamaged muscles. He let his arm come down and rest by his side, He was completely exhausted "That was a good attack Takamura... " He mumbled out, Not feeling like taking the chances of using more of his energy than he needed to. He looked at the animals beak, finally raising his hand partially placing it inside and waiting for Takamura to start helping before he would put effort into it.

((It is going to be fun putting the next post down when he gets his arm out... It is going to be broken in two places...))  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:49 pm
You Will Never Be A Man
Takamura removed his katana from the creatures neck. "It would probably be better if you allowed me to sever your arm." he said as he hopped down next to the beak of the creature. "but if you want to keep it I'll need your sword." he said for his own wouldn't be enough to pry the creatures beak open.

Takamura Kobayashi

Dangerous Hunter

5,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

SJ3 Lone Samurai

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:52 pm
Saito looked over to him "Ancients can do some things but regrowth of body parts..." He muttered out slightly, He released his sword, and the part of his arm that was out of the birds mouth fell limp slightly as he moved his fingers a bit to make sure he hadn't just lost it.

((Isn't that just nice?... ))  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:03 pm
You Will Never Be A Man
He nodded picking up the sword. "Alright then." he said lodging the sword in the birds beak. "Pull it free when you can." he said as he pried the birds beak open with the sword, pryaing it held under the stress.

Takamura Kobayashi

Dangerous Hunter

5,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

SJ3 Lone Samurai

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:01 am
Saito slowly tried to pry on the other side with his hand, pulling his arm out from the beak and immediatly letting go, grabbing his arm at the elbow and holding it close to his chest, There were gashes where the beak had met his skin, the muscle could be seen and also part of the bones, witch were shown to be crushed right through. He didn't try to do anything, feeling both light headed from blood loss and fear for messing his arm up worse than it was. "Could someone splint my arm?...." He mumbled out once more, His body felt groggy and heavy.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:15 am
As the guys were getting Saito's arm out, Christie opened the bottle she had and poured the contents liberally over the severely-injured arm. The liquid was slightly thick and sweet-smelling, and it stopped the blood loss. For now.

Christie tossed aside the now-empty bottle and looked at Saito's arm. "I can splint this, but I need some materials. We should be able to find something out in the storeroom."

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

SJ3 Lone Samurai

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:10 pm
He tried to move around a bit but lost all balance and fell into christie. he kept his arm held tightly to his chest with his other arm holding it in place. "Sorry.... I need help moving...." He said in a slightly stronger voice, the underlying tone of pain in there as well. he could feel everything in his arm, and it wasn't that nice.

((I feel like letting my guy move around a bit.))  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:51 pm
You Will Never Be A Man
Takamura removed the sword from the birds beak and handed it to Saito. he then proceeded to break open the first box that was near him and take the two longest pieces of wood he could find and split Saitos arm, using his obi as the bind that went around it. "That should hold for a while, just don't do anything too stupid he said.

Takamura Kobayashi

Dangerous Hunter

5,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:39 pm
"Whoa!" Christie said, helping Saito to stand up without falling over. "I don't think you should try to move so fast just yet."
She did what she could to help hold Saito's arm straight while Takamura applied the splint. "Thanks." Then she looked in her pouch for something Saito could take for pain. "Who are you guys, anyway?"

Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games