Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
For those who Dislike Resident Evil 4 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate resident evil 4
  Yes
  No
View Results

Blackartist19

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:03 pm
DMC4 was pretty good with the gameplay but the worst thing i've seen is that you are playing a character who has a PMS problen.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:13 pm
Is the Master Glitch in OoT not the coolest thing ever? And the infinite Gold Skulltula glitch is awesome. OoT had countless glitches, and there's a website that shows all of them. It's great! That game was amazing alone, but just messing around with all the glitches is a ton of fun in itself.

The Odyssey of Hyrule
Go down until you see all the links on the left. All of those are OoT glitches.

Yoshi's Island is amazing! I love the opening song with the flute. It's on my iPod! biggrin And yeah. Basically all of Nintendo's major first-party titles are holding strong with me.

Ruined series: Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Megaman, and possibly Alone in the Dark. I'm buying AitD5 for the 360 out of hope. The fourth one made me want to puke. Go figure. It's looking like an RE4 ripoff, but it still looks like it could hold some scares... plus, since I preordered at least I get a free T-shirt and the OST!  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:47 pm
Well, from that I've seen, the new alone in the dark is simply titled, "Alone in the Dark."
For all we know, they're doing what Capcom should've done, and restarting the whole series.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:57 pm
Canas Renvall

Yoshi's Island is amazing! I love the opening song with the flute. It's on my iPod! biggrin And yeah. Basically all of Nintendo's major first-party titles are holding strong with me.

Ruined series: Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Megaman, and possibly Alone in the Dark. I'm buying AitD5 for the 360 out of hope. The fourth one made me want to puke. Go figure. It's looking like an RE4 ripoff, but it still looks like it could hold some scares... plus, since I preordered at least I get a free T-shirt and the OST!

Yoshi's Island is and always will be in my tops along with Donkey Kong Country. I love the soundtracks. biggrin They make me happy.  

REaceofclubs

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:15 am
Although you know, I keep saying that Horror games shouldn't strive to be like RE4... There should be a horror game just like RE4... Alone in the Dark, for example (which is out now, so those who play it, let me know how it is), should be just like RE4. Then, all those who say, "I only keep RE4 because it's fun to play, and I like to shoot a bunch of stuff, when I come home angry" would have no more excuse.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:33 pm
I still have an excuse. I don't have the required system for Alone in the Dark.  

REaceofclubs

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:09 pm
You don't have any of the PSWii60? Not even the PS2? They're cheap... And I picked it up today for the 360 (might've gotten Wii, but the 360 version came with the OST and the T-shirt, plus I got an extra T-shirt for DBZ Burst Limit due to overstocking) but I'm waiting until the night to play it. razz  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:12 pm
It's out for PS2?  

REaceofclubs

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:10 pm
Yup, it's out for everything that's actually active right now.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:15 pm
I enjoyed this game very much all the way through. But when i got to the island i was really angry that it went from being survival horror to survival. Other than the re-generators (which lasted for 5 minutes then another 5 minutes later) there was NOTHING scary about the island chapters. Despite the fact that Capcom just got lazy while designing the island area. I always loved this game and sure that i will for the rest of my life.

(well i posted w/out realizing that the forum had gotten off topic. all well.)  

Godzillab10

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:28 pm
Umm... But see, the survival part infers that you'd have to conserve your ammo, which you don't, so it's not survival either. But then there was nothing scary about any of it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:39 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Umm... But see, the survival part infers that you'd have to conserve your ammo, which you don't, so it's not survival either. But then there was nothing scary about any of it.

If you played hard mode you did have to conserve ammo. Any other difficulty might as well have been infinite ammo mode. I play the Hard modes. Say what you will, my opinion of this game will not be tarnished. I see it as an excellent game, with great game play, graphics, storyline, the works.

edit: Survival infers staying alive. just because you have enough ammo to take over a small country dosent mean you have the ability to do so.  

Godzillab10

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:58 am
Yes, I did play it on Professional mode, and the only difference I saw was that Leon took more damage.
My ammo count was hardly affected.

But if that's your definition of survival, then doesn't that make virtually every game in the world a Survival game?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:21 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Yes, I did play it on Professional mode, and the only difference I saw was that Leon took more damage.
My ammo count was hardly affected.

But if that's your definition of survival, then doesn't that make virtually every game in the world a Survival game?

I guess so. But classifying RE games as Survival/Horror implies that you die often(because when playing on proper difficulty you do). Meaning you must learn how to take down something without it taking you out. You wouldnt classify Mario games as Survival games, because it's hard to die in a Mario game unless your really terrible or playing the first Mario.

Edit: Which version did you play Hard mode on. Because I played both systems and the meaning of "hard difficulty" was different on each version  

Godzillab10

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:26 am
GameCube and PS version. I played them both on Professional mode, and sure, it was more challenging, but I'd hardly call it survival.
I mean, just the fact that you can continue from every room you enter, doesn't really put that fear of dying into me. It's like, "Oh, I died. There was a checkpoint 2 minutes ago. Big deal."

But I mean, aside from the backflips and weapon upgrades/merchant system, I can let go the over the shoulder gameplay elements.

It was the storyline that made me hate the game.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games