Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 398 399 400 401 402 403 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:46 pm

Mr. Kennedy
Don't like FPS huh? It was a nice change of pace from normal ones. The amount of ways to own was awesome.

Yeah the graphics were nice.

Everything is okay in moderation. But seriously, it's not even funny how the FPS are FLOODING the market lately. It's just annoying. Feels like 75% of all new generation games that come out these days are First Person Shooters.

You know, if nothing else, if nothing else, the one good thing that I can still say about RE5 is that it won't be a First Person Shooter.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:49 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
Mr. Kennedy
Don't like FPS huh? It was a nice change of pace from normal ones. The amount of ways to own was awesome.

Yeah the graphics were nice.

Everything is okay in moderation. But seriously, it's not even funny how the FPS are FLOODING the market lately. It's just annoying. Feels like 75% of all new generation games that come out these days are First Person Shooters.

You know, if nothing else, if nothing else, the one good thing that I can still say about RE5 is that it won't be a First Person Shooter.

BioShock was a very nice change of pace. And yeah I know what you mean, luckily I know what to pick.

Yeah the antagonist is great. The voice acting, man. Awesome.

Mr. Kennedy

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:50 pm

Yeah, I know what to pick too: Games where the character you play as is actually on the screen while you play.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:54 pm

Come on, sometimes scenes and action are cooler in first-person. Eh... Maybe just in COD4.

Any RP stuff happen in the guild lately?

Mr. Kennedy

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:01 pm

And some games would be so much better in third person. "The Darkness" for example, felt like it really should've been in third person. Mirror's Edge is another one that looks like it would be so much better in third person. I mean, they got that sexy 3D model (and I don't just mean that in a literal way, I mean in how well it's modeled way) and you don't get to see it in game. Such a waste.

And no, the RPs have been more dead than a post headshot zombie, lately.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:08 pm

Never played The Darkness.
Mirror's Edge? The freerunning one? I'm okay either way. The first-person view from skyscrapers interested me. Third person would be great also though. Would remind me of Assassin's Creed or something of that nature. (No. You really do mean literally.)

Aye, shame.

Mr. Kennedy

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:15 pm

Well, that's why certain 3rd person games allow first person view: So you can admire the surroundings. But I just think it's a waste to model this really great looking 3D character, and then 80% of the game, you don't even see the 3D model, the one model that plays the biggest part in the entire game.

I mean, imagine if it was a movie. And you have this movie starring... Angelina Jolie, or whoever is like, the most popular woman that all the guys are going, "Whoo, she's hot!"
So these guys go to see this movie where Jolie plays the protagonist, but throughout the whole movie, you don't see her. It's a waste.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:22 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
Well, that's why certain 3rd person games allow first person view: So you can admire the surroundings. But I just think it's a waste to model this really great looking 3D character, and then 80% of the game, you don't even see the 3D model, the one model that plays the biggest part in the entire game.

I mean, imagine if it was a movie. And you have this movie starring... Angelina Jolie, or whoever is like, the most popular woman that all the guys are going, "Whoo, she's hot!"
So these guys go to see this movie where Jolie plays the protagonist, but throughout the whole movie, you don't see her. It's a waste.

Going First person in MGS was always welcomed.

Ah yeah, I get your point. And, eh Jolie? Defintely not making me whoo. But point taken.

Well, better get some rest. Take care buddy.

Mr. Kennedy

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:27 pm

Going first person to deliver a Head Shot.

I would not like MGS if I had to sneak around in first person.

Well, personally I would've said like, Eva Mendes.

Peace. Hope to see you become a regular in the guild again.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:27 pm

Alone in the Dark gives you the ability to go all third-person or all first-person. Well, except for shooting, which is all first-person. It's just one gun though, so yeah. I mostly melee'd in that game anyway, since just about anything that isn't a firearm could be swiped up. Good stuff, lemme tell ya.

By the way, I beat that two nights ago. The two endings (you can basically go back to replay the very last part to get both endings) were very meh, unfortunately.

Highlight at your own risk! It's not the endings and doesn't really give a lot away, but I'm just being careful:
Let's just say that this may be the end of the Alone in the Dark series, and not because something like Edward dies, either.

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:40 pm

Wait, so do I have to play the previous Alone in the Dark titles to understand this game?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:46 pm

Not in the least.

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:47 pm

Not really.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:24 pm

How is the game btw?

I've heard it was pretty bad.

Mr. Kennedy

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:27 pm

Some people say it's bad, others say they absolutely love it.
But that's why I don't trust reviews (especially from GameSpot or IGN), so when it comes out on PS3, I'll judge for myself.
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 398 399 400 401 402 403 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games