Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4000 4001 4002 4003 4004 4005 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Nine-Tails927

Vicious Tactician

3,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:28 pm
'Tis fine. Any others who think they can assist with this issue of mine?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:44 pm
Nine-Tails927
Glad to see you all doing well here. Anyone mind helping me out with getting some RP experience for Kingdom Hearts? I've destroyed all but the 3DS (Sephiroth on Proud, no Ultima Weapon, and only LVL 64 dam was that intense.) In any case, I've worked out all the lore to it, and even how it all branches out. Thing is, after KH2, I feel like Kairi should be getting her own spotlight, and I honestly believe that there's a society to the heartless (mostly involving the shadows since they almost have NO hearts to extract; the pure-breed of the Heartless if you ask me) and having the heroine getting involved with the pure-breed's control over the rest. Anyone think they can help with that? I'd really appreciate it biggrin

One of my friends and I can probably help you. I'm quite the KH fan, myself, but my friend is practically a fanatic.  

Gale OverDrive

Nine-Tails927

Vicious Tactician

3,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:43 pm
Gale OverDrive
Nine-Tails927
Glad to see you all doing well here. Anyone mind helping me out with getting some RP experience for Kingdom Hearts? I've destroyed all but the 3DS (Sephiroth on Proud, no Ultima Weapon, and only LVL 64 dam was that intense.) In any case, I've worked out all the lore to it, and even how it all branches out. Thing is, after KH2, I feel like Kairi should be getting her own spotlight, and I honestly believe that there's a society to the heartless (mostly involving the shadows since they almost have NO hearts to extract; the pure-breed of the Heartless if you ask me) and having the heroine getting involved with the pure-breed's control over the rest. Anyone think they can help with that? I'd really appreciate it biggrin

One of my friends and I can probably help you. I'm quite the KH fan, myself, but my friend is practically a fanatic.

Really? BEST DAY EVA!!! Send a PM so we can discuss more about roles and story...
whee Be sure to get your Bad@$$ on!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:21 pm
Let me inform my friend first (I don't think she has a Gaia account), then I'll send you a pm as soon as I do that. In the meantime though, I didn't understand fully what you needed help with exactly, is it KH in terms of its storyline? Are you trying to make an RP that falls in exactly with the current story (canon)? Or is it something else altogether. From what I gathered earlier, you want Kairi, to have more of a role in your RP, and you're trying to figure out how heartless behave outside of combat?  

Gale OverDrive

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:27 pm
In a way, it reminds me of an old game called Kid Chameleon for the Sega Genesis. A kid running through a virtual world, and he completely changed into other characters based on what helmet/hat he put on. for instance, one character was a helm that turned him into a tank-driving little panzer. Lots of power and armor, but slow and no jumping ability. Then there was some shades that made him a futuristic hoverboarder with the ability to reverse gravity on himself.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yes, they are all the same kid, and you got to play as all them and more.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:44 am
Gale OverDrive
Let me inform my friend first (I don't think she has a Gaia account), then I'll send you a pm as soon as I do that. In the meantime though, I didn't understand fully what you needed help with exactly, is it KH in terms of its storyline? Are you trying to make an RP that falls in exactly with the current story (canon)? Or is it something else altogether. From what I gathered earlier, u want Kairi, to have more of a role in your RP, and you're trying to figure out how heartless behave outside of combat?

Q1: Correct,
Q2: Sort of, still needing to get it moving to work out the kinks XP
Q3: In a sorts.
Here's what I've got for more detail so far...

You know that the heartless have been unorganized at their attacks, but the Nobodies can strategize? And also consider what Saix said about the Heartless obeying those who are stronger. I get the feeling that, before Xeanort controlled them, and Ansem the Wise experimented with the Door to Darkness (DTD), there was an actual leader that kept the darkness in line, keeping it from overlapping the realm of light and from starting war with the Keyblade Masters (they may only get at those who stray). My idea is that Xeanort, still able to use the keyblade at the time, discovered how to control the darkness by overthrowing the Prince, also throwing the balance of power out of whack. When Maleficent caught hint of the Heartless without a ruler, after Xeanort's defeat, she took control as she would say something like 'Darkness was meant to be ruled by me.' So, when Kingdom Hearts exploded from Ansem's attempt to convert it into data, the balance for power became out of whack again. This would give the original 'Prince' a chance to reclaim his throne over the darkness but with a new complication: the Heartless have been split into two factions; the Purebreed and the Tainted. Purebreeds consist of Shadows and Darksides (there's others but I'll get to that later), and Tainted are pretty much the rest of the heartless that have blended with the worlds they reside in, or the Soldiers. Kairi would both travel around the worlds, consisting of old and new, and be helping Sora and Riku indirectly.

And as for the 'Prince'....
The prince (Kairi may come up with a name for him which would be funny XD) has been weakened since his Right over the Heartless was torn away, reducing him to a more mortal form and can only control the weakest of all; Shadows. As for his personality, he remains untrusting of the Keyblade wielders or anyone unfamiliar with him. Kairi, being the kind of person who can touch anyone's soft side, may be able to melt his icy walls that surround his soul.

Does this answer everything?  

Nine-Tails927

Vicious Tactician

3,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Signature Look 250

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:19 pm
Alexander Magnus

I love you for that retro reference. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:56 pm
Yoder
Alexander Magnus

I love you for that retro reference. mrgreen

I just love you, period. heart heart heart

And I think some old games could be remade into truly epic games with current/next generation technology. Kid Chameleon is only one of many.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:23 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/whatisclubverge/

is anybody else nauseated by this? You have to spend $100 of real money in order to get exclusive items . . . and they thought I was crazy for blaming the site for going money-hungry.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:38 am
Magni Prime
http://www.gaiaonline.com/whatisclubverge/

is anybody else nauseated by this? You have to spend $100 of real money in order to get exclusive items . . . and they thought I was crazy for blaming the site for going money-hungry.

Not in one day foo', that's what they're saying. It's just that some people are that tempted in running their bank accounts into a crater just to get what they feel like getting. Even i'm not that desperate, and I don't get harassment PM from Gaia..... I think.  

Nine-Tails927

Vicious Tactician

3,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Signature Look 250

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:26 am
                  @___@

Dude, Club Verge has existed for a while now. A couple of my friends are in it. A few dollars here, a few dollars there, and before you know it, bam, you're in.

Why are you so mad at the site? Why aren't you mad at the users who pay that sort of money willingly?

As long as Gaia needs money to run, they will try to get money. And as long as there are users who want Gaia to keep running, there will be a section of the userbase willing to give money.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:30 am
welian
                  @___@

Dude, Club Verge has existed for a while now. A couple of my friends are in it. A few dollars here, a few dollars there, and before you know it, bam, you're in.

Why are you so mad at the site? Why aren't you mad at the users who pay that sort of money willingly?

As long as Gaia needs money to run, they will try to get money. And as long as there are users who want Gaia to keep running, there will be a section of the userbase willing to give money.

A well made point. If it wasn't for us users wanting this community to continue it's existence, it would have died years ago.  

Nine-Tails927

Vicious Tactician

3,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Signature Look 250

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:01 pm
My disgruntled nature comes from how more and more I see the site transitioning into something people have to pay money just to gain full access of. As for the age of Club Verge, I knew of it for a while, but did not pay it any notice until recently. It was only then when I realized that spending money was the only way to access said items. Just feels like the microtransactions of the game industry. "sure you can play the game for free . . if you want. But hey- for just some money you can have all this shiny stuff! And guess what? For even more money you can do this, and this! And while you are spending so much, how about you spend even more!"

I don't hate Gaia. I hate that it is turning into a have's vs have-not's area. The guilds are more free of such issues, but the issues are there and disturb me.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:17 pm
Well, everything has to change one way or another dude, the internet is becoming less and less free, and Gaia has to do what it can to keep itself open to the community, for the community.

Gale OverDrive
Let me inform my friend first (I don't think she has a Gaia account), then I'll send you a pm as soon as I do that. In the meantime though, I didn't understand fully what you needed help with exactly, is it KH in terms of its storyline? Are you trying to make an RP that falls in exactly with the current story (canon)? Or is it something else altogether. From what I gathered earlier, you want Kairi, to have more of a role in your RP, and you're trying to figure out how heartless behave outside of combat?

And as for you OverDrive, I know it hasn't been long since I've explained everything earlier, but have you heard from your friend yet? I'm not wanting to be rude or anything but I don't want to be kept hanging here V_V  

Nine-Tails927

Vicious Tactician

3,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Signature Look 250

Kitsune_berry

9,100 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:18 pm
Hello every one! I've finally come out of hiding >> << >>. and am going to go through my thoughts in if that's cool. :3

Nine-Tails927
Well, everything has to change one way or another dude, the internet is becoming less and less free, and Gaia has to do what it can to keep itself open to the community, for the community.

I don't entirely understand what you mean by 'The internet is becoming less and less free'. I mean from one side I know what you mean, it costs money to license and keep servers up, but some how it doesn't seem like that is what you mean since the prices on those haven't hanged that much. But on the other hand it hasn't cost me any more money to go to Gaia then it did when I signed up years ago.

The problem is the fact that this has been a recent tendency, and it's one that I've seen many other sites go down before. It stops being a matter of giving my money to a site I like to help them with there maintenance and payroll; it's a matter of them trying to monetize by creating a divide in their user base.
I understand why you might think that club verge and the $50 items are harmless - they are ultimately just giving Gaia money; however the problem comes in when you look at the way that it affects the user base, whether or not Gaia is intentionally trying to engineer this attitude in their users.
Specifically it's creating a pattern of separating those who want to spend real money from those who do not, beyond those who want to spend $100 a month. Rather than relying on the market system, which is one of the core features of Gaia, they are providing a way around it if you throw enough money at it, spoiling the enjoyability of the site on the whole and thus making it so the only way to truly enjoy the site is to spend real money on those ridiculous items.
This is the sort of greed that has caused many a site, mostly free to play MMO's albeit, to go down a dark path that makes them end in mostly very annoying cliques within there user base, the haves and the have-nots, if you will. This is the sort of thing that I and I assume Magni are worried about.

In short, it's good for Gaia to have money, but they need to think about the enjoyment of all before the enlargement of there wallet. This is a site based on entertainment after all, and if people aren't having fun, they will stop spending money. Short term gain for long term net losses.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4000 4001 4002 4003 4004 4005 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games