Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4014 4015 4016 4017 4018 4019 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:57 pm
Same to you, Transformersgirl. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:49 pm
Really, Gaia? Every single day, there is another Announcement for a cash item. Banners wasn't enough. Ads on the My Gaia page wasn't enough. RIGs weren't enough. Now we have daily announcements to slog through as well?!?

stare  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

transformersgirl13

Fanatical Zealot

6,825 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:23 pm
Thanks Magnus! In truth, Prime, I don't even look, well read, the announcements, I just click them, see the pic read the headline, then go on my way, I don't deal with G-cash do they don't really involve me  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:38 pm
Yeah, this is getting excessive. The recolors are also a pretty blatant cash grab, even if it is nice that we're getting alternate colors.
Also, the seemingly endless "Item X has returned to the Cash Shop" and "Item X will be leaving the Cahs Shop" that seem to cycle every other week are irritating. Do people actually fall for the such an obviously-observed "limited time" strategy?  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:39 pm
It's just an old annoyance. The site has changed massively over the years, and I really dislike the money-grubbing it has become. They only push cash items, and it just gets really old with the sheer amount of things here demanding money . . . this place is like a free-to-play game anymore. Sure you can come in and do a fair amount of things for free, but if you really wanna get ahead? Fork over all the money you can afford to. stare  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:21 pm
Magni Prime
Really, Gaia? Every single day, there is another Announcement for a cash item. Banners wasn't enough. Ads on the My Gaia page wasn't enough. RIGs weren't enough. Now we have daily announcements to slog through as well?!?

stare

-pats back, among other areas-  

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:23 pm
Chaos Reclaimer

OOooooh! Careful, Contenmo . . . I might get ideas. Oops- too late. cool  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:26 pm
Magni Prime
Chaos Reclaimer

OOooooh! Careful, Contenmo . . . I might get ideas. Oops- too late. cool

;D

I'm back. From my long, and reluctant hiatus. Guild dying hit me hard for a while and I lost my muse, but I think I'm going to try to get on more often.

Now, if there's anything I can participate in; that would be amazing.

Also, I started writing a book and have come up with a table-top game for it,  

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:32 pm
To one and all: THIS guy is my adoptive brother, and one of the best GMs I have ever known. He knows his shite. I strongly suggest you all listen to him prattle on, because he is actually quite knowledgeable about both running and playing games.

Contenmo Atrum

Chaos: I knew you had been gone a while, and wondered where you went. Glad to have you back, my friend. Are things okay? As for participation . . . I admit, Elites dying has dried up my taste on Gaia for RP. I had that Recombinant one, but it died painfully soon. Since then none have grabbed my interest. Hoku keeps trying to get me into Redblades, but it just doesn't get my attention. I had a chance to do some tabletop, but my job has pulled out a Ron Jeremy Dong and decided to use it on me. crying

I have often mused about writing a book, but never make it very far. My best hopes for you, sir!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:37 pm
Everything is okay. Had a fun time for the holidays and New Years, how were yours? Started doing P90X again. Ow to the Rin Jeremy. Sorry about that.

And I hope to get it finished soon, been waifing around with the ideas for a while on it. So thank you for the encouragement.

-hugs- I've missed you guys. And yeah, Hoku invited me to it as well, but I want a more focused, active rp if I'm going get back into it.  

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:41 pm
Contenmo Atrum

p90x? daaaaaaaamn, man. I am too lazy and WAY to fat for that. Kudos for doing what I won't!

Yeah, I was getting sundays off on a regular basis, which worked for a group. Now I am suddenly working sundays for the last month and a half . . . and will be for the forseeable future. This, despite me telling them I want sundays to myself. Yeah. s**t sucks man.

I will encourage you every way I can, my dear friend. Hell, you know I am at your service. *bows and gropes*

Yeah, hoku has tried tooth and nail to get me in, but it seems like a wall of information and a lot of side shite to me. crafting, grinding, monster drops, jobs, and a ton of other things that seem important for any kind of development. That sort of thing stalled me for a year before I dived into Elites, and if you recall I still avoided everything but my own gratification. Not really wanting to do that again.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:04 pm
Contenmo Atrum

Having trouble remembering when you changed from Chaos Reclaimer to Contenmo Atrum . . . sweatdrop  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:48 pm
Yesterday  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:52 pm
Contenmo Atrum
Yesterday

Okay, I was concerned that I was not being observant of you, my friend. sweatdrop  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:46 pm
Welcome back, Contenmo.

~

Okay, I've now watched all of his RPG vids and subscribed to his channel. I enjoyed hearing his thoughts on alignments, dice, campaign prologues, D&D history, and alternate settings (even if I don't always agree with him in every instance). His 2 GMing vids were really incredible; my DM does much of what he spoke of.

So, Magni, are you the Azrael Stryffe he mentions in some of his videos?

~

I would love to start up a Dungeon World game here, as that system is less complex and thus more suited for forums than more complicated systems like D&D.
Sadly, I have 0 experience DMing, and what little experience I have running RPs wouldn't go far.
A normal RP might be interesting, but I think it'd be hard to attract players.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4014 4015 4016 4017 4018 4019 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games