Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4021 4022 4023 4024 4025 4026 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:43 pm
Believe it or not . . . yes. My wife has been watching Arrow, and occaisionally enjoys some comic entertainment. So, Slade works. I also named Dusk (another cat we have) after the Slinger character as well for the solid black look. blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:11 pm
Lockdown? Was he the one with the gun face? I've heard a lot of people call him both lockdown and galvatron so I'm slightly confused. sweatdrop
My brother named a cat pickles, then again he was 3 when hee named her...  

transformersgirl13

Fanatical Zealot

6,825 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:31 pm
My information says that is Lockdown, and is running a ship of Autobot prisoners- such is how the Dynobots get to Earth. gun face appears to be that character, no official mention of Galvy yet.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:08 pm
Isn't Galvatron a rebuilt Megatron? I don't know much about TF outside of WfC and FoC. >.>  

RagingBluMunky

Dedicated Tactician

transformersgirl13

Fanatical Zealot

6,825 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:57 pm
Yah I heard that too, about lockdown, and yes, galvatron is Megatron reborn.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:29 pm
Nice. I'm only really familiar w/ Slade from Teen Titans, but he was awesome.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:07 pm
Ohhhhh, TF lore . . . I know far too much!

Slade was my favorite villain in recent years. I love how manipulative/evil he is. He is Lawful Evil, willing to reset the world and work with specific rules.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:52 pm
Oh yes, and how he toys w/ Robin, whose ethical/moral code isn't yet solid, is simply marvelous.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:03 pm
Voiced by Ron Pearlman isn't a slouch either! He was truly magnificient, and perhaps a quintessential example of lawful evil. Obeys rules, has a sense of honor (even if skewed), and willing to destroy everything just so he can rule it and rebuild.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:48 pm
To be honest, I find DC's villains, especially Batman's Rogue's Gallery, more interesting than the their heroes. I'm the reverse w/ Marvel, actually.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:52 pm
Especially in the view of Batman, the series is more about villains than heroes. It is well-known that virtually every baddie from Batman represents Bats in some way. Two-Face for duality/dual identities, Penguin for aristocracy, Riddler for his intelligence, etc. That is what makes the Bat's rogues so interesting. What I like is from my experience DC is far more willing to cross over rogues from one property to another in comics and shows. They just can't seem to get their movies together.

Marvel feels more isolated in my experience. No real crossover happenings except once in a blue moon. Sure, there are mentionings, but no teamups. With the exception of Wolverine, of course. That guy is Marvel Herpes. Everybody has been with him! Now, Marvel has hit home runs with movies for many years. their movie library has had some bumps, but overall is doing very well, and shows the kind of work it takes for a team up movie to work. Avengers worked because Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, and Thor each had their own movies to deal with introduction and development. Without that kind of dedication, any combination movie will fail.

On a related note: The Rock as John Stewart (Green Lantern)? Cautiously optimistic.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:29 pm
I've heard that before about the Batman villains, and they really do play off of Batman very well.

Spiderman, too, from my recollection, has crossed over a lot.
I enjoyed Iron Man 1, and Hulk wasn't too bad. I haven't seen any of the others.

Is that for the upcoming Justice League movie?

Ahh... Bravely Default, which just came out this past Friday, is a great JRPG...  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:51 pm
Indeed it is, the JL movie is worrying me. They want to make lightning strike twice, and emulate the Avengers film. Without the serious backstory, the film will not work.

as far as comics, yeah, Spidey has done a few crossovers- I know he has been part of both the Avengers and the Fantastic Four at times. Personally, I liked the idea his comics had this past summer where Doc Ock overrode Peter Parker's mind . . . and discovered that Peter had such a tragic story that Octavious decided to be a better Spider Man because of it. He was determined to be the "Superior Spider Man"  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:39 pm
Not to mention, the recent DC hero movies haven't exactly done well.

Huh, that's a new plotline for sure.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:12 pm
Oh my, yes. Even Batman (DC's cash cow) is getting stale in my opinion. Superman has not had a good film in decades. Martian Manhunter, Flash, Wonder Woman . . . they don't even have films. Green Lantern has had some abysmal luck. A lot has to be turned around to make DC mirror Marvel. That isn't to say that Marvel has been without issue. X-Men Origins: Wolverine was a shiny turd, and the Ghost Rider movies seem to have done about as well as a lead balloon. That said, I own the first Rider film, and it is okay on occasion, and "The Wolverine" is a good movie I am glad to own.

I liked the idea of a villain becoming a hero, and such is similar in one of the most popular characters in comics- Venom. The symbiote is all but a hero STD at this point, given the number of people the black ooze has latched onto . . . but I love the idea of an anti-hero Venom. For instance, the latest iteration is the symbiote bonded to a war veteran who lost his legs. When the symbiote is being used, he has legs again and can be 'normal.'  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4021 4022 4023 4024 4025 4026 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games