Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4022 4023 4024 4025 4026 4027 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:42 pm
I agree. Though I liked Dark Knight to some extent, the 1 and 3 aren't really for me. I refer my comic book heroes a little more classical, like the Burton's Batman of the 90s.
Yeah, the old Superman movies are the only good ones IMO. Super Man Returns was decent, but Man of Steel was awful.
I'm not a huge fan of Wolverine, but I do like the X-Men universe.

A very neat idea. Though truly original (relative to the individuals' experiences) ideas may be hard to come by nowadays, there is still a lot of room for new material.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:55 pm
I'm a sucker for superhero shows, I love superpower kind of programs, so comic book stuffs grab mine attention. As far as the X-men universe goes, I really did appreciate how Cyclops went from the quintessential boy scout to the new "evil mutant leading the revolution." One of my favorite lines was when he was literally yelling at Magneto saying "I'm nothing like you- I'm winning."

As for the Bat films, Batman Begins was surprisingly good for me, and The Dark Knight is a masterwork. Honestly, I feel bad but despite purchasing the Dark Knight Rises, I've only watched it once. Too many emo feels. Always been more of a fan of the bat than the S, so I am not the best judge of superman films. I just know they are not my bag. I think it is because Superman is a "Mary Sue." he has no flaws other than what his morality will allow, and a magic rock that is conveniently rare and easily stopped. That became the Magic McGuffin of the Smallville show, but that is another rant. He is impossibly strong, fast, durable, smart, has impossible resources, etc, etc. Just . . . boring. Yes, he can do everything. whoopee.

In the information age, when everybody has access to all the ideas that have come before, "novel" and "new" ideas are rare . . . but it isn't about what is brand new, but how you spin it. Look at M.A.S.K.- it was a show about transforming vehicles, much like Transformers. The concept was not all the different, combining the human forces of GIJoe as well. Still, it presented the transformation gimmick and secret war aspects in such a way as to be distinct and worth watching to the target audience.

I wish I could watch Skeleton Warriors. I miss that show. Huzzah for youtube!  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:59 pm
ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:12 pm
I prefer magic to tech, bio, or psy powers, personally. However, I do appreciate the differences between those areas. So while superhero stuff usually isn't my thing, I can sometimes really like it. I happen to like Batman due to his lack of actual super powers, actually.

I'm not familiar w/ Cyclops's character arc in the comics, but that does sound like some interesting development.

Superman's far from my favorite super hero; I just like the optimistic cheese factor that he pulls off so well despite being a Gary Stu (male Mary Sue).

I agree on your thoughts about new ideas.

Youtube is the reason Gargoyles can now be watched by all, courtesy of Disney.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:07 pm
My favored powers have always been invulnerability and shape shifting. The concept of changing yourself to suit your needs . . . or that absolutely nothing could hurt you . . . that appeals to me.

youtube is nothing short of awesome.

*clicks on the strange pink thing next to his avi at the top* aaaaaaaaaaaand thus Gaia joins the "pay to win" game franchise.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:22 pm
Divination and abjuration are the schools of magic (many abilities of which also appear as super powers) that I have always found to have a lot of interesting unexplored potential. Specifically, vision enhancements (heat vision, night vision, etc...) and retribution (deal back damage you took or would have taken) effects are my favorites.

I know, and Funimation puts up a lot of great content, too, so long as you like subs.

I ignore Gaia's games. The MMO was a neat idea, but ultimately half-baked and nowhere near balanced. Maybe it has changed since I tried it out near launch, but I'm not interested anymore.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:52 pm
I never really paid much attention to any specific spheres, really. While aware of many, few caught my attention. That's not to say I don't appreciate some information I have seen . . .

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My only complaint about the zOMG game was that anything you used in it became soulbound to you. I have a whole lot of rings and crap I would love to get rid of- but because I used them once, I can never be rid of them.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:06 pm
Literal spheres, eh? Are those from anything in particular?

Yeah, and they refused to reset things, so people who started playing early likely have garbage equipment now (assuming power creep, which is a decent assumption).  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:54 pm
I am not sure where they came from- I just liked the aesthetic. As for the shapes, I assumed they are just representations for their magical effects. For instance, Necromancy usually does more than summon spirits. Hemomancy (blood magic) shouldn't come from a ball either. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:42 pm
I wasn't taking them literally; I just found the pun from your word choice and image together to be funny.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Midnas Lament

Timely Traveler

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:07 pm
Um hello there! It says I have to introduce myself here so I will. My name is Midnas Lament, but if you'd like you can call me Rae or Suzu. Whichever catches your fancy is fine! I am looking forward to roleplaying with you all, and also sharpening up my writing skills. It'll be very nice meeting everybody.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:49 pm
sweatdrop sorry . . . guess the joke went over my head.

Welcome, newbie! *gluggles* I hope you make a few good friends here. 4laugh  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:22 pm
Welcome, Midnas!

@Magni: No biggie.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:09 pm
Well, with a Car payment looming again, we have cancelled cable. I hope Netflix is up to par.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:12 pm
Happy cable-cutting! It will be less convenient, but I imagine the monetary savings would be worth it.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4022 4023 4024 4025 4026 4027 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games