Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4023 4024 4025 4026 4027 4028 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Mola Maven

Beloved Phantom

8,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:33 pm
Salutations writers, players, and readers of the Roleplay Refuge!

I am an old as dinosaurs returning member of Gaia, and I happily join this guild with my friend Dorrian_Malcavalia to unleash some awesome RP.

I have been doing roleplaying in some form or another for almost 14 years, ranging from tabletop games like Dungeons and Dragons, Pathfinder, and Labyrinth Lord to forum and chat RP, all the way down the ladder to... sigh... LARPing (which can actually be a lot of fun to roleplay, when everyone isn't wanting to smack each other; which is all the time.)

I've been visiting Gaia since it's early days as a link site for anime, and it was a huge part of my formative years as both Gaia and I grew and changed (Freud says: "Obviously related to sexual organs of some sort.")

I am also an amateur writer, delving into sci-fi, fantasy, and contemporary fiction. I play the ukulele, and enrich my life with various kinds of music on a daily basis. All of this, however, is superseded by my love of art and psychology, both of which I am pursuing as an undergrad at the moment.

Anyway, ego stroking aside, I am excited about rejoining Gaia with Dorrian and eager to immerse myself into the RPR. Shush, that's a thing talk2hand

Edit: New page! Shiny 3nodding

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:05 pm
Wow . . . now that is a major intro! Niiiiiiice.

Hey, I am old-as-dirt in Gaia as well. ^_^ You get bonus points for referring to psychology . . . but lose them because Freud was a coke-fiend douche. sweatdrop

Welcome to the Refuge!  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Mola Maven

Beloved Phantom

8,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:02 pm
Alexander Magnus
Wow . . . now that is a major intro! Niiiiiiice.

Hey, I am old-as-dirt in Gaia as well. ^_^ You get bonus points for referring to psychology . . . but lose them because Freud was a coke-fiend douche. sweatdrop

Welcome to the Refuge!

Much appreciated.
Also, *shudder* Freudian Psychology is lamesauce.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:52 pm
Greetings from the RPR, Mola Maven!

Oh, into D&D, Pathfinder, and a retro clone, eh? Our tastes in tabletop gaming are quite similar.

I am also an ancient Gaian; it's hard to believe I've been here been almost 9 years...

I assume there's not a major focusing on both art and psychology, so a double major or is that your major and minor pairing?

I prefer Jungian psychology, myself.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:22 pm
*smirks at Mola* . . . bonus points reinstated with a ^2 modifier for that statment about Freud. I like you. I'm currently finishing up my Master's in Counseling Psychology, but not sure if I have a particular preference in schools of the science.

As for tabletop . . . I keep trying to get into some of it, but failing. work, school, and life keep preventing any demonstrable commitment. If you want to talk about preferred systems, I prefer BESM and the old White Wolf systems since the dice rolling and mechanics were very simple forcing players to spend more time on rolE play instead of rolL play. I do have some experience in cyberpunk, D&D 2.5ed, and a fair amount of experience in palladium. You want to talk detailed . . . if you wanna mind all your p's and q's with careful stats and rules, that system works wonders. I enjoyed playing, but making adjustments to or copying a character onto a new sheet was a nightmare.

EDIT: 10.13150684931507 years on gaia  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:05 pm
Yoder
Greetings from the RPR, Mola Maven! ...

Much appreciated.
Yes, I am indeed. Though I have practically no interest in D&D 4E, and a minor inkling as to what D&D Next is going to be like. I also delve into stuff like Conan RPG, D20 Modern, Vampire: The Masquerade, Star Wars D10, and a few more that evade me right now smile

I'm actually going to be majoring in Psychology, heading towards that long term goal of a Doctorate, and with a Masters in Art. These two might sound kind of incongruous, but I'll be combining them in a few years when I apply for Art Therapy Certification. It's gonna be awesome biggrin

As for Psychological methods, I haven't really found a specific one that catches my attention. I find that, as with pretty much everything in life, psychologists love to go from one extreme to another, declaring their views as the wholesale application of what psychology really is. This mindset is too restricting and unscientific for me. I would much prefer the ideas of "Now, here are some sound, proven methods, but by no means are they the only way to do things." rolleyes

I'm likely misinterpreting what I have learned, but they still seem to focused on certain aspects - behaviourism vs. cognitive for example - and disregard other variables that affect people's lives.
Now, I haven't read much on Jungian Psychology, but from what I remember I enjoyed what I learned 4laugh

Mola Maven

Beloved Phantom

8,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200

Mola Maven

Beloved Phantom

8,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:23 pm
Alexander Magnus
*smirks at Mola* . . .

Shiny, bonus points cool
Counselling Psychology sounds really neat, and is something I've considered exploring as a part of my path toward Art Therapy. My Elementary school counsellor was an Art Therapist and often used many techniques from Art Therapy when helping me with my huge aggression issues as a child. She pretty much inspired me to do this smile

Hah, I agree. Too many players these days are hack'n'slash and forget that it's called a role playing game razz
Also, D&D 2.5? Like... AD&D but more? I'm confused oAo
I've heard of Palladium before, but I haven't had a chance to try anything out yet. I'll definitely look into it now.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:27 pm
Soooo, where's all the activity in this place? Seems kind of... quiet.  

Mola Maven

Beloved Phantom

8,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200

AlwynRowanwind

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:11 pm
>.> *gluggles everyone  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:20 pm
I don't care for D&D4, either, and I've not heard many solid details on 5.
I've always wanted to play V:tM, but it doesn't really fit my group's playstyle.

Well, good luck in your scholastic endeavors. I just graduated this past May, myself.

Jung also happens to be mostly in line w/ my religion, so I appreciate that there's some psychology out there that matches up w/ it.

I believe 2.5 was just typo for 3.5.

We are a slower-moving guild, and there aren't any RPs active currently. I really should start one up, but that requires mustering the effort/motivation.

~

ALWYN! *uber-gluggles*  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:17 pm
It's not as active at all as it once was . . . but it has fond memories for me. I stay here because of those old friends. Perhaps someday RP will be popular in Gaia again . . .

Seriously? I am gone for two days and 10 announcements come up for shite to buy with Gaia cash?!?

Alwyn! *gluggles with a giggle*  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:43 pm
Yeah, I wish there was a way to easily filter out the cash shop announcements...

So, Alwayn, how goes it?  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:08 pm
Yes, yes! How is da Alwyn? Haven't seen you lately.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:37 pm
ninja  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:32 pm
neutral  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4023 4024 4025 4026 4027 4028 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games