Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4027 4028 4029 4030 4031 4032 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

DarkScarlettVixen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:24 pm
Aw, you're so sweet!

DTT! *huggles* heart Ugh, allergies totally suck! I don't' think they've ever given me fevers. Poor thing...

I'm slowly back-tracking into the original Doctors. I finished watching The Aztecs on Netflix. I suppose I consider 11 "my doctor" but I haven't watched all of them so...who knows, right? I've seen a few really cool screen shots of Capaldi.

Alexander Magnus
Disturbing Tale Teller
Dezte

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:29 pm
I feel like I should know what FY is given I know what Inuyasha is. Hmm...

@Magni: That'll be good. What class is next on your docket?

First Welian, and now DSV and DTT. It's an oldbie party!

@Goosey: I'm sorry for your many troubles.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:34 pm
                  Speaking of oldbie - I turned 21 three months ago, and I still have not partaken in any alcoholic beverages.

.... Miiiiight be because I'm broke.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:21 am
welian
                  Speaking of oldbie - I turned 21 three months ago, and I still have not partaken in any alcoholic beverages.

...You're younger than me?! o__o;
Goosey is 22 now.  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:30 am
Disturbing Tale Teller
Goosey is 22 now.

I suppose so! Yes, I'm 21. But not THAT much younger, apparently.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:34 am
welian
Disturbing Tale Teller
Goosey is 22 now.

I suppose so! Yes, I'm 21. But not THAT much younger, apparently.

I always thought most people in here were older than me x3 At least, most of the olbies <3  

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Dezte

Fashionable Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:25 pm
DarkScarlettVixen

I'm slowly back-tracking into the original Doctors. I finished watching The Aztecs on Netflix. I suppose I consider 11 "my doctor" but I haven't watched all of them so...who knows, right? I've seen a few really cool screen shots of Capaldi.

9 is my personal favorite but we got so little of him. :/ Then again, I haven't seen more than one episode at most for all the doctors previous to him, so I guess I'm in the same boat as you!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:49 pm
welian

There's nothing wrong w/ that at all. I just turned 24, and I doubt I ever will (personal standards).  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:24 pm
I have interest in Capaldi's run . . . but of course, I have no cable for now, so I will have do to some hunting when the new episodes finally come out. Thus far, Tennant is my doctor, the perfect mix of nerd and action star. As for 9 (Eccleson), he only lasted a season because the actor did not like the role from what I heard. *shrugs* To each their own.

I'm sorry, Goosey . . . sounds like things are going crazy for you. Same for me. We have now lost so many drivers at my job, I will not be able to expect another day off for at least 11 days now. ugh. I hope your allergies do get better though.

Yoder: My next class is my last class for the Master's program, called integrated project. It is the capstone, the class that is meant to be all I have learned. 10 weeks of "you should know this." Once that is done, I can apply for graduation. Yay me. Going to try and make it to an actual graduation ceremony.

FY is a typical schoolgirl anime in which two girls discover a chinese book in a restricted room of the library. One girl is sucked into ancient China as a priestess of a celestial beast (Suzaku the Phoenix), and has 7 warriors with special powers to help her summon the beast. Cue romance all over the place. Then the other girl is sucked into the book, so best friends become bitter rivals as the second girl is raped and finds the world to be a nightmare, one she blames her friend for. Loads of drama, some good comedy relief moments, and overall a good anime when you want a serious melodrama dose. Highly recommended.

Old man is old. I am 35.

I have personal standards against alcohol and all other mind-altering drugs. While I do not campaign for the removal of such from society, I do refrain for personal reasons. Also, when you collect transformers, you are perpetually broke.

OMG, I got a transformer hoodie that is the geekiest thing I own. Gotta say I love it.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:55 pm
Yeah, Eccleston left because the overall show environment was really negative for him--and he declined to return for the 50th anniversary special because he was pissed that they were completely nullifiying his character arc (and good on him for that, as much as I would have loved to see him playing the Doctor again).

Also, wow, a lot of teetotalers here! I don't drink either (I'm 26), for a few reasons, though I'll very VERY rarely drink sake at a sushi restaurant (because I do like it) or a little wine at a dinner party (just to be polite). Not that there's anything wrong with it, I've just seen what it does to some other people I know and I don't intend to go down that road.

What do you all do for a living, if you don't mind my asking?

Go go gadget old people ice breakers

Dezte

Fashionable Fatcat

DarkScarlettVixen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:25 am
Dezte
DarkScarlettVixen

9 is my personal favorite but we got so little of him. :/ Then again, I haven't seen more than one episode at most for all the doctors previous to him, so I guess I'm in the same boat as you!

A friend mentioned that she heard he was difficult to work with...

Dezte, you're the same age as me! 4laugh

Broke...I know how that feels...*sigh*

welian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:26 pm
@Magni:

Ow, 11 days... Well, at least that's a lot of consistent hours.

Oh wow, congrats on almost being done! Project classes can be draining, but they're also a nice change of pace.

I see; I'll have to check out the FY anime, then. I love late 80s-90s anime, and Inuyasha was decent enough; so, I'm sure I'll like it.

@Dezte: I'm a software engineer. I'm currently working as a database programmer.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:47 pm
Until we get more drivers, those remaining few are stuck covering the store.

Right now I am watchin something I did not expect to find on Netflix . . . The Adventures of Mark Twain, an old claymation film full of some really dark imagery!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:50 pm
chirp chirp . . . chirp chirp . . . chirp chirp.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Clockw0rkz

Anxious Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:25 pm
Hullo all~ Nice to meet all of you! Feel free to call me Raven.

I'm impressed by your guild and it's members! Hopefully we'll get to do some interesting roleplaying together.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4027 4028 4029 4030 4031 4032 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games