Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 401 402 403 404 405 406 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:25 pm

But that's all we've seen. For all we know, Capcom could pull a fast one, and have it to where it shifts from action, to well, less action and alittle horror. Maybe not survival horror, but we don't know. Nothing has really been released.

As for Mega-Man, how many games has that had? Not just that, how long has the series has been around? It was one of the inevitable. Not just that, it depends on when the game truly started going downhill.

I was never a big Onimusha fan, I played a small part of 3 and a little bit of 2, so I cannot truly comment on it, as I would inevitable be wrong about it.

Now back to RE, Capcom hasn't completely ruined it. they could, as myself and others may have said before, in one of the games, come back and say the events of RE4 is a result of some sort of Post Traumatic Stress, or a hallucinating side effect of some new drug or possibly a book Leon was writing, or well, I could go on. But I'd rather not.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:30 pm

You can keep trying to convince yourself that Capcom is gonna say that RE4 never happened, but that's not gonna happen.
Face it, as far as Capcom is concerned, Umbrella Chronicles, and Resident Evil 4 are official part of the Canon storyline of Resident Evil.
And the people who hope that Capcom is gonna say that RE4 never happened are the same people who hope that Capcom is only tricking people and that RE5 is gonna have more of a horror aspect to it. Now, I don't mean to hurt any feelings, but these people need to stop living in fantasy world and get back to reality. Capcom has entered a whole new Territory with RE4, and they're nice and comfortable in that territory now, and they're not leaving it.
Resident Evil as we knew it in REmake, or RE2, or RE3, is no more, and never will be again.

Biohazard EXTREME

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:31 pm

Storm knocked my internet out it seems. All this talk of RE lead me to turn on REmake. I'm glad it's still effective.

I understand Mega Man. I haven't played any of the new ones mostly because they confuse me. My cousin brings over the battle net series or whatever it is and I say "That isn't Mega Man..."
But they seem to be selling pretty well.

I completely loved the entire Onimusha series until number 4.
And yeah, I haven't lost all hope for RE.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:37 pm

If I was trying to convince myself, I would believe myself. All I'm saying, is that we are not in their heads. They could pull a fast one and bring back horror or state that 4 never happened. I like to look at more of the possibilities, instead of just 'Well, since RE4 was like that, and from what we've seen of 5, resembles 4, then I give up on the series.'

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:41 pm

The thing about Mega Man is, like Elliot said, Mega Man has been around for a long time. But that doesn't mean that its corruption was inevitable. Capcom just doesn't know when to stop. They keep on milking a franchise until it IS dead. When they could've simply stopped making sequels after a certain point. Same with Resident Evil. If people don't like the static camera angles and tank controls, then maybe it was time to say goodbye to the franchise. Personally, I think RE0 is an unnecessary addition to the series. INSTEAD, they could've made a game just like it, only a sequel to Code Veronica, which showed the downfall of Umbrella and concluded the series once and for all, then used the RE4 mechanics for an all new franchise, about Parasites, and weird, eccentric cult leaders. Which would be fine, in a whole new franchise. But it's just not Resident Evil.
As such, I don't consider it a part of the franchise, nor anything that acknowledges RE4's existence, including Umbrella Chronicles, Degeneration and RE5.

And Elliot, I'm just saying how I feel. I give up on the series. I don't want to acknowledge the existence of Umbrella Chronicles, RE4, and everything thereafter.
If you wanna look at it another way, feel free. And yes, they could do that. But they won't. Enjoy RE5, if you want. But they will never disregard RE4 as part of the storyline. They could, but it won't happen.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:00 pm

That RE0 port makes me feel sick.

I just believe Capcom is in some kind of slump and they'll be out of it soon.

But things like this make it harder to believe it.

Mr. Kennedy

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:14 pm

Yet another reason why I give up on Capcom. I'm surprised they didn't port RE2, 3 and Code Veronica for the Wii, as well as Remake.

It's one thing to milk a cow, but Capcom is milking the bag the milk is sold in.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:46 pm

Hey Bio, did you read the little review or report about RE0 on the Wii? If you want a good laugh, go check out the second page. And read from the beginning to the end.

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:14 pm

Are you talking about the part where IGN's noobish staff bashes the classic RE gameplay?
It didn't quite make me laugh, only reaffirmed the fact that IGN employs noobs.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:17 pm

Yeah, that part. It made me laugh, as it just shows that well, they employ idiots. Or people too young to have played the old REs, but we're just old enough to get caught in the Halo craze.

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:22 pm

There's a weird conflict going on in my head right now...
I feel like people who don't like the classic RE games should not be allowed to play the new ones. Yet, I also feel that those who DO like the classic RE games should have more common sense than to like the NEW ones.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:25 pm

That is weird. Well, if it was either of those ways, then well, I think the term I'm looking for is an oxymoron, but I don't know. I always misuse words.

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:27 pm

I guess it basically means that RE noobs aren't good enough to play the newer games, yet RE veterans are TOO good to play them. Therefore: The new RE games should not be played by ANYONE.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:33 pm

Well, if that were the case, there would be no RE. That would be good, as there would be no more bastardizing the series, but we would have nothing good to talk about, except for possible remakes of the series.

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:37 pm

Well, what about guilds/forums pertaining to classic video games? I think if there's no end to talking about old school Sonic, Mario, Double Dragon, Contra, etc. etc. etc., why should there be an end to talking about the classic RE games?

I mean, if it had a big enough following there could be an official Double Dragon guild, yet I very much doubt that Konami will revive that series. Doesn't mean there's nothing to discuss.

Or what about those hardcore Star Wars fans, who only acknowledge the original trilogy, and consider the new trilogy as bastardizing the series. It's kinda the same as Resident Evil, no?
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 401 402 403 404 405 406 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games