Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 402 403 404 405 406 407 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:43 pm

Ah, I forgot about things like that, but even as avid fans of something, it would get tiring to talk about the same thing, constantly. Fans can always find a small detail to talk about or debate against. But there is only so much.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:46 pm

Yeah, but if I have nothing good to day about the present state of Resident Evil, how is that any better?

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:54 pm

Atleast today, we are still able to have a healthy debate whether or not the series has a chance at redemption, or if Capcom employees should be hung for bastardizing the series.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:59 pm

Yes, but today, I can also make interesting discussion about the GOOD RE games. The good ol' caption contests, the things the characters would never say, can all be elaborate without even the mention of the RE4 era.

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:02 am

True, but that can only go on for so long.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:10 am

I still rather there not be RE4, UC, or anything in RE's future. Capcom is milking the series. And it's not a good thing. You have to know when to let something end.
That's why we saw the end of Seinfeld. That's why we saw the end of The Matrix (even though some people were disappointed with Revolutions, it was still successful enough that there could've been countless sequels and spinoffs.)

That's why Hideo Kojima concluded Metal Gear Solid. As a developer, he did the right thing. But he did say that there will probably be a new Metal Gear game in the future, and he said this because realistically, Konami as a publisher, won't let it die. Either way, if some new guy makes another Metal Gear game, and it sucks, I'll fully exercise my right to ignore it. But at least I'll have the satisfaction of knowing that MGS as I knew it is concluded.
But imagine if Shinji Mikami concluded RE with Umbrella's downfall (with no cliffhangers of any kind) instead of making an unnecessary prequel (RE0). Then at least Resident Evil would be concluded for those die hard fans. And even if some new guy picked it up and made RE4 out of it, at least I'd have the satisfaction of knowing that the man who originally created it, intended it to end.

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:53 am

What Konami should do is remake Metal Gear 1 and 2. I mean, the remake of MGS wasn't really necessary, but it helped me rediscover the series. But, I'm glad Kojima finished the series, however, there could still be plot twists. If I remeber right, I'll have to white this out, incase some unfortunate perosn hasn't played them yet.

What somone pointed out to me, is the MGS has alot of deception. Now if I remember right, the cloning project explained in MGS (right? I think it was MGS, it might've been 2, but I can't remember right now) but Liquid said that only two survived. Now what if another one of them survived? It's very unlikely, but if Konami wants to milk the series this is a way. Or a cyborg Snake.

Anyway, like with the RE games, if MGS has any sort of sequel or spinoff, I'll play it. Mainly just because I went to see if it can compare to the rest of the series. Like, one of the things I really care about in the MGS series is the voice acting. I love how for the remake, they got all the people who did the first MGS back together. And they still managed to do that for the 4th.

But back to RE, I will personally forgive Capcom if they make a game right now that ends off after CV that concludes the story. Well, they won't be flly forgiven, but it'd be a damned start.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:56 am

No, the best thing to do with Metal Gear from this point is to restart the whole series. Create a whole new storyline, and if it has a character named Snake, voiced by David Hayter, this character is unrelated to anything that happened in the other MGS games, like they never happened.

Well, didn't they try to sorta conclude the original saga with Umbrella Chronicles? That was a horrible failure, in terms of story. Instead they tried leading it directly into RE4. Point is, there's no more room to conclude RE's original saga, because they already told that story (in a horrible way) in Umbrellla Chronicles.

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:48 pm

Whilst I haven't started MGS yet, that day is looming closer biggrin !

I suppose you could call UC the conclusion to the Raccoon Chronicles (catchy name, I like it)... but I missed something... how exactly did they conclude the story? You can white it out if you care about spoilers... 'cause there's no way I'd actually be getting the game.

As far as Capcom redeeming itself... I've already said that I'll buy the guide and flip through it (cause I collect them), and watch a playthrough or two of the game to get the gist of it. I'll form my opinions after I see it... although we all know it's going down the same gameplay mechanical road as RE4. That's a dissappointment... and kind of annoying. Okay, VERY annoying.

But I'm really just interested to see what it adds cannonical wise to the series... not going to say I'll personally take it as cannon, but we'll see. I'll pick and choose if that's the way it'll go.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:29 pm

Umm... How did who conclude the story? I thought you watched the playthrough of Umbrella Chronicles. Wesker steals all Umbrella Data from their computer, erases it, then takes off, and sits in the same chair that we saw in RE4.
"Gasp! It's linked to that game! Capcom are such good story writers for that!"[/sarcasm]

Like I said, if you wanna consider that piece of crap story canon, go ahead. I'll spare myself the agony.

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:55 am

They must have stopped video by that point, cause the last thing I saw was Wesker erasing the data.

Like *I* said, I'm not personally taking it as cannon. It was terrible, and rushed. You said so yourself that they skimped on the smoothing of some of the lines (forgive me, I don't know the lingo).

I'm not the enemy here, Bio. talk2hand
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:15 am

Well, you were asking about it like you wanted me to convince you that this was a good way to end the saga.

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:39 am

Nooo, I just couldn't remember how Crapcom "ended" it.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:43 am

Well, maybe forgetting is a good thing in the case of Umbrella Chronicles.

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:04 am

So I just had a timing moment scare the s**t out of me. I was listening to SH2 music and I was listening to Forest, and focusing on RPing. Then, out of nowhere, my dog (who's all black except for some white on his nose and tail tip) comes out of the dark and bumps into my arm (which he does when he wants me to pet him) and at that moment Ashes and Ghost starts playing, and I think I had a mini heart attack. xd
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 402 403 404 405 406 407 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games