Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4042 4043 4044 4045 4046 4047 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:21 pm
*dramatic zoom in on him as he crouches with a lecherous smile, then zooms out as he suddenly flies straight at Chaos in a flying gluggle, landing in a rolling mass of limbs before kicking Chaos upward and then launching himself up for a secondary flying gluggle, then landing with the area around him flashing in dramatic flair in his super-ultra-combo gluggle* HI!

I just learned there my be an old brick-style PS1 available for use . . . and that makes me wanna break out my FF VII and game genie- I miss having the Master Materia, and can only get them with the cheat box. ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:26 am
Very awesome! If that doesn't work out, Square Enix fixed the original Eidos PC release and is now offering it for purchase and download again (http://store.steampowered.com/app/39140/ or http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/pd/ThemeID.29853700/productID.250845500).
The main thing they fixed was the bike section speed glitch, wherein the motorcycle sections ran as fast as your computer could run them, not as fast as they were supposed to run (a problem often encountered when running old DOS games).
As for cheats like Game Genie, the new FF7 release comes w/ a built-in save file manipulator, so you should be able to tweak your stats or even give yourself items (and materia).  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:46 pm
Alexander Magnus
*dramatic zoom in on him as he crouches with a lecherous smile, then zooms out as he suddenly flies straight at Chaos in a flying gluggle, landing in a rolling mass of limbs before kicking Chaos upward and then launching himself up for a secondary flying gluggle, then landing with the area around him flashing in dramatic flair in his super-ultra-combo gluggle* HI!

o_o

Hey!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:57 pm
Yoder

Interesting, though that brings to light the argument I had the other day with a friend. The reason I do not go for PC gaming is nothing complex. I admit that gaming on PCs is inherently better, and with the addition of a plug-in controller, you can customize your experience and controls in more ways than one will ever truly need. For me there is a very simple issue- compatibility. Consoles for better or worse have the benefit of plug-n-play mentality. Put the disk in, and a majority of the time the game will run with a minimum of issues. Computers have hardware requirements, conflict issues, software problems, and ultimately are too intimidating for me to pick them up. Especially when you discuss making alterations to the safe files. Knowing me, I'd mess that up badly. sweatdrop

Chaos Reclaimer

You expected a less-enthusiastic reaction, my flirty friend? wink heart  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:37 am
Alexander Magnus

Chaos Reclaimer

You expected a less-enthusiastic reaction, my flirty friend? wink heart

I'm just surprised you remember me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:20 am
Chaos Reclaimer

stare

I don't know what's worse. That you would think I'd possibly forget you, my fave flirty friend, or that you think so little of yourself as to be forgotten!  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:31 am
Magni Prime
Chaos Reclaimer

stare

I don't know what's worse. That you would think I'd possibly forget you, my fave flirty friend, or that you think so little of yourself as to be forgotten!

Well, I was gone awhile. Around a year or so if I'm not mistaken.

Either way, I'm back~<3  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:05 pm
@Magni: Ah, yes, I completely understand your concerns there. Since I mess w/ computers all day, the compatibility issue does not bother me as much. FF7 should be low-fi enough to run on any modern machine. As for the save file-messing, it's all done through a tool Square Enix made for it, so I don't think you can actually corrupt it. Still, I understand your concerns.

@Chaos: Well then, welcome back, Chaos! biggrin  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:09 pm
Maybe I am just being chicken about it . . . but I prefer the wisdom in knowing your own limits. I know enough to say "I don't know how to fix it if I screw it up." So, I am sticking to my console for now. sweatdrop

For however long I am around, Chaos . . . you will always be welcomed here. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:16 pm
No no, that's perfectly fine. If you're not comfortable with it, then there's no reason to take the monetary risk.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:40 pm
yay~<3  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:29 pm
I'm tempted, Yoder . . . don't mistake that. Then again, I personally feel it is only a matter of time before somebody remakes FF VII for the next/current gen of consoles. Will it be a ton of work? Oh yes. Will it be a freaking license to print $1000 bills? Oh yes.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:57 am
I usually detest remakes.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:36 pm
Many remakes do not live up to their original, and I believe Square Enix is terrified of that w/ FF7. That or they're afraid that pushing it to a new generation that doesn't have nostalgia for the era will result in people not lauding it as much as they used to. But you're right, it would be a ridiculous cash cow.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:16 pm
Chaos Reclaimer
I usually detest remakes.

Your avi so makes that comment seem like a petulant pout! *snughugs*

Yoder
Many remakes do not live up to their original, and I believe Square Enix is terrified of that w/ FF7. That or they're afraid that pushing it to a new generation that doesn't have nostalgia for the era will result in people not lauding it as much as they used to. But you're right, it would be a ridiculous cash cow.

You have a very valid point. Still, They cannot update the original. In interviews, it isn't a matter of remastering sprites and backgrounds to upgrade to HD like they did with FF X. It would require them to rebuild the game from the ground up. Having a whole new crew of people that do not have the nostalgiabomb aspect is a risk, to be sure. Still, upgrading it will be a good thing if they leave the story and combat intact. What people want is the newer system's graphics and sound, and while a new generation (or two) would not be nostalgic, having a game for the new groups could very well revitalize that game and even the series. I personally think the materia system is the best magic system I've ever known from a game.

On other game news, just prepaid my copy of the newest transformers game for my PS4. Hopefully it will be okay. On the plus side, it spends half the game in the IDW Cybertron world. That is a very good thing. On the negative, it spends the other half on Earth with the Bayverse bots. That is troubling . . . but, as one reviewer I watch online has said about the new movie "Against better judgement, I am getting a 'not terrible' vibe from this film." confused

That, and bought Prototype 2 for my PS3. We'll see how that pans out.

I really need to start jobhunting.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4042 4043 4044 4045 4046 4047 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games