Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4043 4044 4045 4046 4047 4048 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:10 am
Alexander Magnus
Chaos Reclaimer
I usually detest remakes.

Your avi so makes that comment seem like a petulant pout! *snughugs*

:hugs: I probably kinda was. Some remakes make me pout vehemently. Like Fable anniversary. Because the nostalgia is great, but some games don't age well, and sometimes the features that made it good are lost in slim-down.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:37 am
Little Big Planet 3....Out in November....that is all.  

DarkScarlettVixen

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:16 pm
If nothing else, they would have to replace the pre-rendered background graphics with actual 3d models (much like Ocarina of Time's 3DS port).
Materia was definitely a fantastic magic system!

I hope both of those games turn out to be good.

I actually might have found a perfect position, so I'll have to see how applying goes.

@DSV: LBP3 does look pretty good, though I'm personally most hyped for Splatoon.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:59 pm
I can understand, Chaos. Nostalgia goggles are horrible things when you take them off, and that is a big risk.

Heya, Scarlett! *waves*

Yoder: So far Prototype is what I expected. Yeah, $17 is thus far not a bad price for it. As for a perfect position . . . congrats for the discovery! I'm beginning my job hunt and it is not going to go well. crying

LBP3 is unfortunately not grabbing me. I just didn't get into the LBP series at all. I'm told it is great with other players, but as I play alone, it just is meh to me. Then again, I don't get into a lot of popular things like Minecraft, and fighting games.

On FF VII, you are right, Yoder, and that is precisely why it would be so expensive. They can't just upgrade the game, they would have to make every environment from scratch. At best, they have a beginning with the visual reference, but every polygon has to be fleshed out, and every environment has to be remade. I still say that is a shame, as it would print money, and be something untold millions would buy on principle.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:07 pm
For <$25, even middle-of-the-road games are usually worth it to me.

It wasn't going well for my until this past week. The search terms I was using were too generic ("[x] programmer"), and mentioning specific programming languages doesn't usually work (names of programming languages are notoriously unsearchable due to containing symbols search engines like to interpret). Once I began looking for ".NET developer" I began to find jobs that more closely matched my skill set.

I'm not that into LBP myself (I've only watched, never played), but I can enjoy those more sandboxy games (MineCraft being one I have played).  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:22 pm
Alexander Magnus
I can understand, Chaos. Nostalgia goggles are horrible things when you take them off, and that is a big risk.

Heya, Scarlett! *waves*

Yoder: So far Prototype is what I expected. Yeah, $17 is thus far not a bad price for it. As for a perfect position . . . congrats for the discovery! I'm beginning my job hunt and it is not going to go well. crying

LBP3 is unfortunately not grabbing me. I just didn't get into the LBP series at all. I'm told it is great with other players, but as I play alone, it just is meh to me. Then again, I don't get into a lot of popular things like Minecraft, and fighting games.

On FF VII, you are right, Yoder, and that is precisely why it would be so expensive. They can't just upgrade the game, they would have to make every environment from scratch. At best, they have a beginning with the visual reference, but every polygon has to be fleshed out, and every environment has to be remade. I still say that is a shame, as it would print money, and be something untold millions would buy on principle.

I'd recommend darksouls as a game. It's like the old castlevania series in that it punishes user error and makes plan or be patient.  

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:27 pm
I'm going to hit the career centers for both my universities, and hoping that they can help me a bit.

Today has been liquid s**t. For a better description of my feelings, see this.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

as for Dark Souls . . . I offer this. Never played it, but not sure about it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:53 pm
Good luck with the career centers.

I'm sorry you've had a bad day.

I agree w/ Chaos's recommendation. It is a good but challenging game; you just have to dodge the telegraphed attacks of bosses or die in 1 or 2 hits.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:46 pm
Alas, I believe Fable is not in my reach if I don't get me an X-bone. As the system has yet to wow me in three generations, I do not hold hope for it. Not saying it's bad, just not for me. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:25 am
I believe Chaos and I were speaking of the Dark Souls series, not the Fable series.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:39 pm
sweatdrop ooops . . .

I'm too inured in Prototype 2. It is a marked improvement over the first installment in matters of control, and sucks me in like it's predecessor never did.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:43 pm
Merely a simple mistake. smile

Ah, glad to hear the series improved so much.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

DarkScarlettVixen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:50 pm
Yoder
@DSV: LBP3 does look pretty good, though I'm personally most hyped for Splatoon.

Ooh, I'm not familiar with that game!
And...I have a confession...I haven't actually played a proper console game since...the PlayStation came out....
That's right, I have become addicted to Let's Play videos on YouTube

Alexander Magnus

Hey, sweet! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:45 pm
DarkScarlettVixen

I have also been watching a lot of gameplay/playthrough vids . . . from the YO! Videogames channel . . . sweatdrop  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:54 pm
Splatoon E3 reveal/announcement trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L54s2m1dPs

I generally watch Let's Plays from VGA (Video Games Awesome) for systems I don't own and never plan to. They can be pretty addicting.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4043 4044 4045 4046 4047 4048 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games