Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4051 4052 4053 4054 4055 4056 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:07 pm
The most detailed (and still surprisingly elegant) system I know of is FantasyCraft. These people took 3.5 and decided it needed more tables and sub-systems for everything.
Another complicated, but still smooth, one is HackMaster. It's apparently based off of some webcomic, but it features an actual queuing battle system (wherein fast people will get more turns as battle progresses b/c they proceed along a track that shows whose turn it is next).

I was so happy to be able to get a copy of the Palladium Book digitally. There are a lot of great ideas in it (especially since it was one of the first fantasy d100 games) ripe for cribbing.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:38 pm
                  //stares at Knights of Etherea

And I am so pleased that Gaia is temporarily removing the gold generators. Even a week or two without them will be enough to at least SORT OF get the marketplace to even out, although it will never be the same.

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:17 pm
Gold generators were the final straw at the attempt to fix the economy by flooding the market with gold. It not only didn't work, but also made gold worth less and less. I would personally love it if the gold values site wide were cut by a factor of 100,000 . . . minimum. Of course, that is me. Turning six billion into sixty thousand gold would be a hell of a drastic step, but it would be good for everybody to pull back.

As for gaming systems . . . I am just really outta the loop. Been forever since I really had a challenge or even a regular tabletop game. The only GM I have near me sees the game as a game he is meant to lose, so everything is a tad too easy for my tastes.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:36 pm
Yeah, perhaps there will be a slight return to the times when you could succeed in the marketplace w/o spending IRL money.

I also agree that cutting by a given factor of 10 would do a lot to fix matters, though I sincerely doubt they'll do it.

That's a shame, really. While I understand why the adversarial views of both DM and players exist, I really wish fewer people took them to heart...  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:17 pm
As Gaia has become a money-grubbing system, I highly doubt the emphasis on cash will ever fade. I've managed to train myself to ignore the announcements totally at this point. Got tired of fighting them every single day. As for the gold division, I seriously believe that a division of 10 would not do it. In for a penney, in for a pound. Without a massive cut, the problem won't go away.

Yeah, it is a shame, but does make for some fun moments. He was not afraid to do what it took to get attention, but in the end it was just a bland game only because there was no sense of accomplishment.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:58 am
I'm not saying it will fade, but the economy can still be more balanced than it is even w/ the cash focus.
Yeah, I've stopped w/ the announcements as well. Funny enough, it was b/c the counter stops at 10, which drives my perfectionistic side nuts (nor do I care enough to trawl through the sub-forum for announcements by myself).
I meant to say "multiple of 10;" 10 is not enough of a factor.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:17 pm

going to make my own guild  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:43 pm
welian

*still remembers and adores the indigo knight concept I created*

Yoder: Yeah, well, I doubt much will be done. It seems more and more that Gold is worthless, and Cash is the only currency that is paid any attention. That is the most telling aspect of the way this site is run now. Gold represented skill and activity, while cash was a monetary recompense for being on the site. Look at what is being promoted, and what is being all but ignored . . .

Chaos: Rrrrr? *happy grunt of inquisition*  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:19 pm
What is this Indigo Knight or Knights of Etherea of which you speak?

Oh, I'm not necessarily saying things will ever return to the way they were, b/c they won't (and some inflation is always to be expected in any economy). I'm only saying that this move shows a degree of awareness and sets the stage for a potential return to normalcy (historical allusion not intended).

Good luck w/ the new guild, Chaos!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:41 pm
Yoder
What is this Indigo Knight or Knights of Etherea of which you speak?

Here you go, old friend.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:45 pm
Alexander Magnus
welian

*still remembers and adores the indigo knight concept I created*

Yoder: Yeah, well, I doubt much will be done. It seems more and more that Gold is worthless, and Cash is the only currency that is paid any attention. That is the most telling aspect of the way this site is run now. Gold represented skill and activity, while cash was a monetary recompense for being on the site. Look at what is being promoted, and what is being all but ignored . . .

Chaos: Rrrrr? *happy grunt of inquisition*

Dystopian setting. Genetic mutations, magic, super technology, and scientific experimentations define how powers are begot. World is split, literally, by a rift that has opened up pockets to other dimensions. Can be hero or villain. Eldricth horrors. Mad scientists. Super villains. Kaiju. Giant robots. Etc. etc.

.3. Or I can just make it here.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:32 pm
Ah, an RP from when I was at college. That's definitely why I didn't recognize it by name.

Wow, that's a lot of things in 1 RP, Chaos.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:39 pm
Yoder
Ah, an RP from when I was at college. That's definitely why I didn't recognize it by name.

Wow, that's a lot of things in 1 RP, Chaos.

.3. yes it is. But, I have reasonable explanations for all of it!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:46 pm
Chaos Reclaimer
Dystopian setting. Genetic mutations, magic, super technology, and scientific experimentations define how powers are begot. World is split, literally, by a rift that has opened up pockets to other dimensions. Can be hero or villain. Eldricth horrors. Mad scientists. Super villains. Kaiju. Giant robots. Etc. etc.

I want it.  

welian

Crew

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:17 pm
welian
Chaos Reclaimer

I want it.

I'll start making it.

Name: [Earth: Vir Fortis]

By the by. I meant that there are eldritch horrors and the latter, and you can be the former and the latter.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4051 4052 4053 4054 4055 4056 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games