Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4052 4053 4054 4055 4056 4057 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:25 pm
Today passed a legend. Robin Williams has committed suicide. Asphyxiation.

I was always a fan of his work. His dramatic scope never failed to draw emotion from me, and his comedy was often enough to brighten my day in spite of my mood. He was a good presence to have in a work, and by all accounts I am aware of a decent person. His standup routines may have been more vulgar than some would prefer, but when one looks past the words, you see the tone. You hear the stories. You see he was a good man. He was enthralling, and often battled depression. Goodbye, Mr. Williams.

One role I have always adored was the lead in the film "What Dreams May Come." In that movie, the dead make their own heaven out of the ideal conditions for themselves. I dearly hope that somewhere . . . his vibrant laughter echoes across fields of his own design. Be at peace, vibrant soul. Find your joy. One person commented something that made my throat choke up. "Bangarang, Peter. Thank you for showing me how to fly."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:26 pm
Chaos Reclaimer
I'll start making it.

Name: [Earth: Vir Fortis]

By the by. I meant that there are eldritch horrors and the latter, and you can be the former and the latter.

You had me at super technology, giant robots, and mad scientist to be honest.
                  If you make it in here and it's given the proper advertising, it might be something to liven this place up a bit, especially if I run a new Knights of Etherea alongside it.

welian

Crew

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:36 pm
welian
Chaos Reclaimer
I'll start making it.

Name: [Earth: Vir Fortis]

By the by. I meant that there are eldritch horrors and the latter, and you can be the former and the latter.

You had me at super technology, giant robots, and mad scientist to be honest.
                  If you make it in here and it's given the proper advertising, it might be something to liven this place up a bit, especially if I run a new Knights of Etherea alongside it.

I'm going to make it in here. As for proper advertising, I'm afraid I'm not very good at that. I was going to look at Knights of Etherea, but I wasn't sure if it was still open :3  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:42 pm
welian
especially if I run a new Knights of Etherea alongside it.

Prather will be glad to resume the Indigo Knight role . . . I still wanna play out her storyline.

That's a hell of a story, Chaos. Though I admit, I wouldn't have minded playing Cthulu in power armor.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:44 pm
Chaos Reclaimer
I'm going to make it in here. As for proper advertising, I'm afraid I'm not very good at that. I was going to look at Knights of Etherea, but I wasn't sure if it was still open :3

Man, you can look at it all you want, but I ran it years ago. I'm gonna go ahead and remake it, up to my current standards.

As for advertising, you just leave that up to me and Magni.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:53 pm
Alexander Magnus
That's a hell of a story, Chaos. Though I admit, I wouldn't have minded playing Cthulu in power armor.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That's epic.

As far as playing that, I would say no to Cthulhu; as he IS the most powerful old one in the multiverse, even dead and dreaming in the sunken city.

But, you could be something like it.  

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:57 pm
Chaos Reclaimer
you could be something like [Cthulu].

twisted Duely noted for future reference. Still, I am tempted to bring out Wraith. Never got to have a full-on use of that character. Or perhaps I could cross-seed the Indigo knight? That might be interesting . . .

Oh, and for pure giggles, I'm transplanting a siggy from another guild that was too awesome to avoid.

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:05 am
@Chaos: So long as you have explanations for the elements, I'm cool w/ it.

@Chaos & Welian: Oh boy, I'll have to find time for some RPing here again, it seems!

@Magni: His passing was sad to hear. I've seen a wealth of his work, including Mork and Mindy. Hook is probably my favorite Robin Williams movie.

@Welian: I'd definitely be interested in taking on a role in Knights of Etherea. Nightmares sound like a blast to play!

@Chaos & Magni: I always find it funny how Cthulhu has been elevated above the beings he served simply due to his notoriety. xp

@Magni: That's a pretty funny signature combo.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:24 am
Oh, I never said he was the most powerful outer god. That title belongs to. Azathoth. The Daemon Sultun.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:26 pm
Ah, okay, my misunderstanding.
I like the red half of your siggy. *is partial to puns*  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:43 pm
I love puns. Period.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:54 pm
Yoder
Ah, okay, my misunderstanding.
I like the red half of your siggy. *is partial to puns*

No biggy. I'm not upset or anything, just explaining. I love the mythos.

Thanks. .3.  

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:23 pm
So, today sucked a** . . . how is everybody else?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:18 pm
                  Hmm... I'm not entirely sure what to do with Knights of Etherea... It definitely needs to be restructured though, I'm anticipating a much smaller group this time around.

welian

Crew

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:28 pm
I'm sorry for your troubles, friend. Were they work-related again?

A reduction in the # of Knights might be a good idea, unless the full set is core to your idea (or they could just be puppeted as "somewhere in the background" when they need to be around).  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4052 4053 4054 4055 4056 4057 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games