Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4053 4054 4055 4056 4057 4058 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:35 pm
Yoder

That's what I'm thinking, I mean, a full set of Knights would be nice, but it probably wouldn't happen. I do know I need to keep the Indigo Knight for Magni though, lol. Maybe the Gold Knight can go...

Six isn't a bad number though, and if I combine the roles of Thought and Memory into one character, then we have a nice group of seven. It shouldn't be too hard to arrange the RP so that not all Knights are needed.

I could even make it so that each Knight is actually the head of a small group, and the leader of the group is the one who earns the title of Knight. That way, should, say, the Crimson Knight leave the RP, instead of just a new Crimson Knight conveniently appearing, there would be an in-story explanation of "S/he died/was defeated and the next person from that pool of contenders was chosen".

Besides all that, I need to start asking myself questions in order to get basic plot worked out. You know, "Who are the antagonists?" "What is their goal?" "Why is this their goal?" "How are they going to accomplish their goal?" "What can the protagonists do to stop them?" "What are the consequences if the antagonists win?"

Then there's stuff like "What events will bring the Knights together?" "What are the Knights' weaknesses?" "What is a Nightmare's weakness?" "Are all Knights good?" "Are all Nightmares evil?" "Where will the characters get their power and abilities from?" "Will events in the real world affect them in the dream world?" "Can the dream world affect the real world?" "At what point does the Veil of Lucidity stop working?"

And then a week of shoving my outline in people's faces to see if they can poke holes in it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:36 pm
Giyari

Zahzi

I just thought that maybe you guys would want to know that I'm doing bad things again.

welian

Crew

Giyari

Shirtless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:43 pm
welian
Giyari

Zahzi

I just thought that maybe you guys would want to know that I'm doing bad things again.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:03 pm
Giyari

I know. No more RPs for a while. And I won't put it up until Reclaimer does his thread.

welian

Crew

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:42 pm
Given my fondness for games taking place in dream worlds (I LOVE Nights, and like both Kirby and Klonoa), I'd be happy to help you by bouncing around some ideas.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:34 pm
magni overwhelmed with shite. Leaving in the morning to go to Minnesota for graduation.

Magni happy to see such life in here, and enthused about Knights coming back . . .  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:36 pm
                  Ugh, this reaper RP I'm in is such s**t.... my fingers are twitching to get ahold of it and completely redo it so it's not paste-eater product, but it's not my roleplay.

... yet.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:05 am
@Magni: Ah, sorry your problems from the other day have yet to pass on their own.

The activity is encouraging, for sure.

@Welian: Reaper in general or is it related to a particular franchise?  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:33 pm
Yoder

General grim reapers, although this RP seems to borrow very heavily from Bleach.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:22 am
That's a shame, really. Even w/in the same sub-genre of anime, I find Yu Yu Hakusho and D.Gray-Man to be superior. Bleach had plenty of potential, but it squandered it, sadly.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:29 am
Blasphemy . . . I love Bleach. I have watched some of D Gray Man, and it didnt really do much for me. I went a good four or so episodes in and was meh on it. As for Yu Yu, it was decent. I have neither good nor bad things to say about that one.

Okay, so I have been silent for a few days because evidently the Hilton does not provide food, or internet in their rooms. I've stayed in far cheaper places that offered more amenities. Don't look for me to be in a Hilton again anytime soon. Like ever.

So, I am in an airport in Minneapolis for the moment. On my way home. Yay!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:06 pm
I'm curious; how far have you read/watched in Bleach? Both DGM and YuYu are their best in later arcs (around ep50 for DGM, and the Dark Tournament arc for YuYu), so the first few eps of them may not strike your fancy.

Wow, for a place like the Hilton, that's really poor service. Hopefully that's just an isolated/localized problem.

Cool, I wish you safe travels coming home fro graduation.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:49 am
                  I stopped keeping up with Bleach... at some point, I forgot where. I checked in with the manga periodically up until around the beginning of the Fullbring arc, then I got bored and figured that the story was complete for me after the Deicide arc.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:17 pm
I watched as far as the ultimate end for Aizen. After that felt like filler- and I will not even attempt to defend the Bount Arc. Filler is horrible no matter the series. I have yet to see a single series that actually benefitted from filler in any way.

I guess I love the concept more than the actual story. The concept of personalized powers in the sword is a real draw for me. Having to learn your powers by connecting with your own soul is a nice touch. I have no real love for any of the characters, but the structure and concept are the real draws.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:44 pm
Oh, okay, so you've seen quite a good chunk of it (more han me, but I know what happens up to and including the final fight w/ Aizen). I personally feel that the series lost most of its steam after Aizen's reveal/ascension at the end of the Seireitei invasion arc.

The original FMA anime was mostly filler since they caught up to the manga very early (they knew they would be catching up). Granted, that might not count since what did happen after they caught up was informed by the mangaka (even if it was different from the direction the manga actually went later).

Oh, Bleach's concept is gold. It's premise is arguably better than those of Yu Yu and DGM.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4053 4054 4055 4056 4057 4058 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games