Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 404 405 406 407 408 409 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:38 pm
I'd love to, but uh... I haven't the money. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:41 pm
Oh well, it's your call.
I don't have the patience to wait until the last second to bid, and then not win it and trying again. If I want something, then I want it immediately. I want to know that I have it, even if it's not shipped.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:19 am
Microsoft's reboot of the Xbox Dashboard seems very strange... I don't like it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:31 am
It looks reminiscent of a cross between the PSP/PS3 and iPhone interface. It's meh-ish. And they completely stole avatars from Wii's Miis. :X  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:50 am
I need to make a choice... Go for a 3-game NES lot, each game in its original box and stuff containing SMB/Duck Hunte, Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy with 7 hours left, even though it's at $2.25 now I know it's gonna fly up...

Or I could go for Alone in the Dark again, a day an a half away it ends and is at $4.25 now...

Or I could try to feel really lucky and go for Silent Hill, which has 6 days 2 hours and is at a cool .99. Hrm...

Edit: Eck, just realized I double-posted. Sorry!

Edit edit: Watching E3 '80 Preview right now on G4 (10AM-noon, then the Sony and Nintendo conferences are from noon to 4PM Eastern), and they had a Silent Hill: Homecoming demo. And I saw some things I didn't want to. For a split second, I saw over-the-shoulder aiming for the handgun and then he said you can switch to first-person mode (a la Alone in the Dark) to examine your surroundings more closely (which might not be too bad, but still). Other than that, it's not looking too bad. There are speech trees (choosing what to say at certain points), and I got to see one of the bosses, the Sepulcher. He's big. razz  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:45 am
You know, you don't have to describe things that people can see for themselves.

Here's the link, folks: http://e3.g4tv.com/e32008/videos/26922/Hands_On_Silent_Hill_Homecoming.html

It's disappointing. The programmer needs to be slapped upside the head.
If it's a free floating camera which you can control, then when you rotate the camera, the character should stand still, thus, giving you the opportunity to see the character's front. From what I've seen, when you rotate the camera, the character rotates with it. So just like RE4, we're gonna spend the whole game, looking at this guy's a** too.
Survival Horror is dying.

It's funny how much stuff they took from the movie, the nurse design, the transition to the dark state. What would these guys have done if there was no movie?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:44 am
Yeah it looks heavily influenced by the movie. The whole dynamic change of the world isn't too bad though. On the G4 interview he mentioned that hopefully the game will be more playable to people new to the series. Which is not cool, it pisses me off. It sounds like a RE4 situation.

Maybe the story will hold up.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:54 am
No, the change in the world is good, I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying it's straight from the movie. So technically, that good idea wasn't theirs.

And yeah, lately the cool thing seems to be, "We want new people to like it." And that seems to be the whole marketing appeal lately, "******** the loyal fans, we want to appeal to the noobs."

I'm hoping the story will be decent. But even if it is, it's the acclaim I'm worried about. This game might get like a 9, on Gamespot... Which gave Silent Hill 2 a 7.7... Which is the dumbest thing in the world, since to this day, Silent Hill 2 is the best Silent Hill game, according to all the fans.
So what I'm worried about the most is the noobs which will give us bullshit like, "The old SH games suck, this one is much better." When no Silent Hill game will be better than SH2. Ever.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Javanomicron

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:55 am
Biohazard EXTREME

Survival Horror is dying.

*SWAT* Survival horror is not dying, don't you even say that!

There are still games out there that will stay true to the franchise. Sure, most of them won't be as good, but at least they won't be some RE4 knockoff. The Forbidden Siren franchise is still going strong, and from what I hear, they stick with the same formula. it's just a shame they probably won't be releasing 2 or 3 in the US anytime soon.

And mainly, it's not really dying, it's just changing it's own meaning and stereotype, much to the dismay of us classic fans (myself included.) I guess the best we can do is hope that they go back to the old style someday once they realise that FPS Survival-Horrors are not scary in any form.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:01 pm
Siren was friggen scary. And Fatal Frames have always been good too. There's a new one being released on the Wii that im sure is following the classic style. There are still games out there keeping the classic feel alive.

And Bio, you just explained exactly how I feel.  

Mr. Kennedy

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:05 pm
The new Siren looks terrible. I mean, first of all, the gameplay mechanics, and even the enemies look like RE4 knock offs. Secondly, and this bugs me more than anything.. Did you see the cinematics? You don't have to listen to the voice acting, just watch they way they move around, they look terrible. I just want to slap everyone who was present in the motion capture studio when they did it.

And if it's an FPS, it's not really survival horror, it's action horror. Survival horror IS dying. I'm not saying it's dead, but it's shrinking and getting weaker. Resident Evil is already dead. Silent Hill is becoming action-horror too. Soon everyone's gonna follow suit. And there will be no sign of what Survival Horror as the veterans once knew it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:47 pm
Went to go see the Blood Curse trailer. It doesn't look terrible. Even with the first-person shooting and crap it still looks pretty creepy. But it does seem as you called it, an "Action Horror". Perhaps Survivor Horror really is dying.  

Mr. Kennedy

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:10 pm
I honestly couldn't watch those cinematics. The character motions WERE terrible, they looked like they were performing for absurd theater. The only place I've seen motions so over-exaggerated is in Michael Jackson's Thriller video, which is a music video, so it's forgivable. In a video game, it kills the immersion. Real humans don't move around like that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:13 pm
And another thing that made me want to cry. The entirety of Nintendo's conference. crying

I thought they'd have something relating to good games. And the only things I really wanted out of that entire conference are Animal Crossing and Wii MotionPlus.

I thought they would've mentioned the awesome exclusive titles it's getting, but nooo. They had Reggie and his underling playing fetch and swordfighting at a resort.

I wasted an hour of my life after the Animal Crossing announcement. Why didn't they even mention any of the amazing-looking insanely long list of Wii exclusives? D:  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:30 pm
I agree, Nintendo's conference was weak sauce.

Microsoft's conference impressed me, I'm excited. Besides the horrid Dashboard reboot.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 404 405 406 407 408 409 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games