Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4068 4069 4070 4071 4072 4073 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:44 pm
Thanks, the interview went all right, but it could have gone better. They had a skills test, and I botched a portion of it. I am competent in that area, but they asked about a specific subset of it that I was far less familiar with. Ah well, I'll apparently know whether or not I got the job by Friday, so at least I won't have to wonder for long.

@Magni: What are you thinking about for your 2nd Master's?

@Bliss: *looks it up* Ah, Maze Runner is YA... Yeah, I definitely haven't read it, nor will I.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:02 pm
Yea guilty. I read alllll kind of books. From Children (no I'm not kidding) to Adults lol. I like having diversity and it helps with my creativity. (and stay as a kid sometimes razz )

Geez. $381 to fix my car. *sigh* it's a 2009 car too.... Just now five years old and bam. Like five (actually four) problems pop up. Oh and the $381? It fixes ONE thing in my car. Don't know about the other three may cost..

Edit: the other three things that I wanted him to check/fix, he can't. So I will have to take it to Honda after I pay him for fixing my A/C. -_-

This is what I feel like right now:

Me: Yay! I finally moved out of parents! Living with two awesome people! My new room is so much nicer! IT HAS A WINDOW! 4laugh whee blaugh
My car: Yay! Now let me break down right now! twisted
Me: crying crying crying crying crying crying

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:58 pm
Wicked Lily
Welian: Hello there, I don't think we've met. Nice to meet ya!

Indeed, we've not! I've been taking a hiatus from the RP scene and reveling in some video games that my boyfriend bought me on Steam - Borderlands 2, mostly, but he also got me a copy of Dark Souls 2. It's tedious and unforgiving and oddly enjoyable. I've given up on being GOOD at video games, and just enjoying things and not fussing when I die.

Gotta say, I feel bad about not posting, but at the same time, it feels soooo good to take a break and enjoy someone else's story as a passive audience instead. Still, I've got some projects to keep me busy. A friend of mine abandoned their RP advertisement thread, so I'm going to ask them about taking over that, it was such a good idea and gave RPers a place to chillax and talk about RPing without being stuck in an OOC thread for a particular story. In that same vein, I'm thinking... what about a guild dedicated to helping people run better roleplays? Like, there are guilds for become a better RPer, but what about becoming a better dungeon master?

//word vomit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:30 pm
You have all my best wishes, Yoder. I know you are both competent and excellent. ^_^ As for the Master’s, I have an idea of possibly going back and getting a Counseling degree proper, rather than just the Counseling Psychology that I do have. In truth, it will depend a lot on what I can get quickly. If I am 50% of the way through a combined thing, with half more specialized . . . then the half I have done can jump-start me on another degree. It all depends on what I am already a step or 30 into already. We’ll see when the counselors come back and say what is available.

I feel bad about reading anymore. I’ve spent years reading boring things and difficult things, and dry manuals and statistics. I honestly think it has associated my brain with negative things regarding reading. Reading is now work. I keep trying to read for fun, but it is so much harder than it used to be. Even with books I know I love.

Sorry about the car, Blissy . . . I’ve been there. Trust me, I understand how much that sucks. Still, at least you got out into your apartment. That is always a bonus.

Wellie? True Vault Hunter Mode. twisted As for your suggestion, I have no problem with that- and even would offer up a subforum or two here for that purpose if you don’t wanna buy your own guild or worry about it. I’d welcome the activity, and they could practice here.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:47 pm
Alexander Magnus
You have all my best wishes, Yoder. I know you are both competent and excellent. ^_^ As for the Master’s, I have an idea of possibly going back and getting a Counseling degree proper, rather than just the Counseling Psychology that I do have. In truth, it will depend a lot on what I can get quickly. If I am 50% of the way through a combined thing, with half more specialized . . . then the half I have done can jump-start me on another degree. It all depends on what I am already a step or 30 into already. We’ll see when the counselors come back and say what is available.

I feel bad about reading anymore. I’ve spent years reading boring things and difficult things, and dry manuals and statistics. I honestly think it has associated my brain with negative things regarding reading. Reading is now work. I keep trying to read for fun, but it is so much harder than it used to be. Even with books I know I love.

Sorry about the car, Blissy . . . I’ve been there. Trust me, I understand how much that sucks. Still, at least you got out into your apartment. That is always a bonus.

Wellie? True Vault Hunter Mode. twisted As for your suggestion, I have no problem with that- and even would offer up a subforum or two here for that purpose if you don’t wanna buy your own guild or worry about it. I’d welcome the activity, and they could practice here.

Yes but the reason why I got a brand new car 5 years ago instead of moving out years ago was to be able to have no car problems when I finally move out. Because by now my first car would be... 14 years old and maybe with a lot of problems. It was used so we have no idea how the previous owners treat it.

That one bit me in the a**.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:45 pm
Wow, I got a job offer from the company and am touring their office tomorrow morning. Yikes, that was fast!

@Bliss:
I have no problem w/ literature for any group below adult; I just dislike YA, b/c it tends to be of low quality and pander to the audience instead of uplifting them.

Yeah, car repairs are SO pricey...

@Welian:
Though I've not played them, my best friends assures me that BL2 and DS2 are fantastic games.

We have a guide in 1 of the sub-forums for helping RPers, so a similar guide/sub-forum for assisting GMs could be quite useful.

@Magni:
I see, being most of the way toward another degree would be very helpful. That's why I did my double major.

While I was in college, I didn't read for pleasure due to how much reading I was doing otherwise. I just need to get back in the habit of reading, though I do enjoy even technical prose.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:54 pm
I always had faith in you, my dear friend. *hugs Yoder tight* congratulations!

Blissy, I am sorry about your car. I had one that died on me within a year. Evidently the main part of the motor would warp if it got too hot. Fair enough. But evidently the cooling system AND the thermometer in the car went at the exact same time. So, while I thought I stopped before it was too late to let the car cool off, it was beyond saving while I was driving. Pissed me off to no end.

Speaking of angry . . . student loan rant in spoiler.

I owe $133,000 in loans. as I graduated college with my Master's in June, I had to take "exit counseling" in order to remain eligible for more loans. It was a simple site link and some information I had to read and sit through. Here is what I learned.

So, factoring in my and my wife's income, I estimated we are at about 25,000 for our yearly income. According to exit counseling for my student loans (even though I am not trying to leave school, quite the opposite), According to StudentLoans.gov, my "Suggested Minimum Gross Income" is $226,500. Monthly. Nearly 100x my ANNUAL income every flippin month. Yeah, guess what, I need a job better than delivering pizzas. Been trying, no luck yet.

evidently the regular payments are $1510, more than my monthly income by several hundred dollars. According to the adjustments for my income level, the only payment required is $19 at the income contingent plan, meaning that is how much the government says I am able to pay. Sounds about right. I owe $1.5k a month, I can reasonably afford $19.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:31 pm
crying my rant scared everybody off.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:48 am
Nah. been really busy. But I have time now whee

and I wasn't sure how to respond on the loans thing. Thank goodness that I don't have to worry about loans...for now.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:07 pm
Thanks! The pay could be better, but the benefits are nice. Plus, I imagine my pay will increase once the company is done paying the agency I went through.

Ouch, those are some crushing student loans. Granted, if you can get a position fitting your education, I imagine it would pay quite handsomely. I'm sorry for your debt, and I can't really offer much to help in the face of that number...  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:37 pm
none can, my friend. It is weighing heavily on me, but at the moment there is not much I can do. I've begun to wonder if my wife doesn't have a good idea in selling all that is non-essential and moving. Trouble with that is I am a thinker. I like to have plans A,B,C, and D in place before doing something. She wants to go without so much as a plan A.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:50 pm
Alexander Magnus
none can, my friend. It is weighing heavily on me, but at the moment there is not much I can do. I've begun to wonder if my wife doesn't have a good idea in selling all that is non-essential and moving. Trouble with that is I am a thinker. I like to have plans A,B,C, and D in place before doing something. She wants to go without so much as a plan A.

Interesting. I'm neither. I'm hard to explain lol.

I hope all goes well for you and your family..

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:03 pm
Yeah, when you've got baggage like that debt, making rash decisions w/o planning things out isn't exactly wise, no offense to your wife intended. I know it's just a different approach to handling life problems, and I'm in the multi-plan side w/ you in general (it comes w/ being a worrywart sweatdrop ).  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:09 pm
worryworts . . . and nerds. sweatdrop Yeah, she is a wanderer, wanting to just go places and deal with what comes. I am the sort that needs to know how things are at least likely to pan out and be ready for them. Opposites attracting and all that.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:36 pm
I plan out serious things. Such as buying cars, rent, how much can I afford, my fiances, etc.

But there's some things I don't want to plan and just let it happen. Like a spontaneous road trip to smokey mountains for the weekend. Let's go. We'll figure out where we park when we get there.

Right now, my goals involves so many things and there's something that I want but cannot have. So I'm really frustrated right now.

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4068 4069 4070 4071 4072 4073 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games