Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4071 4072 4073 4074 4075 4076 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:20 am
Yeah, coding. My forte lies in databases, but I can handle any kind of programming.

4E just feels like a video game. Some of its changes were nice, but the overall product wasn't enough like a tabletopper. 5E actually looks quite nice, being mostly a slightly streamlined 3.5 w/ a few of the nicer 4E ideas.
I've read many more tabletoppers than I've played, so I am familiar w/ L5R, 7S, and Shadowrun (don't remember which version).
I would love to play games in Numenara, Dungeon World, HackMaster, or a World of Darkness / White Wolf (Storyteller or Storytelling system), but there's only so much time in a day. xp

No worries, you'll have no competition from me. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:28 am
Awww, no Scott Pilgrim style duels? Darn =P

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

GoldDragon1188

GoldDragon1188

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:36 am
Also awesome on the software end =]

I can't code for crap mind you, but I do a little bit of playing with the Questers plugin on minecraft. By tinker I mean I try to bug the hell out of the guy who actually codes it with creative workarounds to the "quests are limited to go here, do this, kill this, deliver this: no ability to give optional objectives" limits the plugin has.

I came up with a pseudo gating method that will hopefully work - I really should learn the plugin so I can do it myself xD  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:31 pm
Tell him to implement 1+ (>1 allows for more complexity, but the generic programming can for it could be seen as a bother) Finite State Machine(s) (or his current systems w/ a hashtable of flags and some additional plumbing code) for each quest. It's what many Western RPGs do (rare are a JRPGs systems ever known that in-depth since they generally don't come to PC where they can be tinkered with), and it works quite well as a quest system w/ branching or optional objectives.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:29 pm
Xathas
Thank you for the welcome! =D
If you were either in Bleach Elites, Rise oft he Shinobi, or Forbidden Scrolls II : those were my usual hangout spots guild wise back in the old days!
And I do hope to enjoy myself! =)

I was only in Bleach .. . but in any case, you are quite welcome here. 3nodding

Blissy, if you think I will ever stop complimenting those I enjoy the company of- you don't know me well enough yet. You smexy thing. wink

*feels lost in all the engineering lingo, and hides in a corner, playing with a toy*  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:56 am
I am three weeks ahead of the workload in my web design class.

In other news, this place is looking peppy!  

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:29 am
You don't know what I look now now so how can you call me smexy thang? razz I'm cute yes but I don't know if I'm in the sexy category  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:36 am
@Magni: Sorry ,perhaps I should have sent that programming advice in a PM instead. sweatdrop

@Welian:
Wow, congrats!
Yeah, a good bit of new life is floating around here lately.

@Bliss: Well, physical attractiveness (which is mostly subjective anyway) is but 1 factor of beauty, so he could be using the term to refer to what he knows of you based on your personality as exhibited by your chatting here. Of course, this is just conjecture, as I don't know precisely what Magni is thinking.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:46 am
                  I don't know about you peeps, but I am sexy as hell.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:44 pm
Wicked Lily
You don't know what I look now now so how can you call me smexy thang? razz I'm cute yes but I don't know if I'm in the sexy category

I just know these things. ninja

Yoder, is okay. I just didn't know what to say other than that. ^_^;;;

I tried to tell you that a year ago, Wellie. You didn't listen.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:25 pm
*feels lost about the engineering thing too and plays with Magni and his toy*

YAY!

*thirty seconds later*

I realized how wrong that sounded.

I dunno xD I still think I'm in the cute category and all.

and apparently in the pervy category too thanks to the above statement xD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:52 am
Greetings everyone, I go by Witt on Gaia, and I have joined this guild in order to possibly obtain some opinions from other members of the communities when it comes to designing and creating Roleplays.

As of late, I've been trying to create a Roleplay based around Akame Ga Kill, but I've been in a slump as to figure out a good plot to go along with the story, since it'd basically be along the same lines as the original story, but with minor detail changes. I want to treat it something similar to a Naruto roleplay, but at the same time, I'm unsure of exactly how to do that, either through Guilds or the Forums.

Therefore, I've decided to ask around for other people's opinions, so if I approach anyone here with questions, please humor me and at least give me an honest answer, so I can understand a bit of pointers from those who might once have been in my position.

Some Witty Name

Timely Humorist

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:28 am
Some Witty Name

Welcome! Lots of people here have experience running group roleplays, myself included

Without knowing anything else about your plans, I suggest that you write down everything you DO know you want to put in your roleplay, and begin writing a list of questions, of things that you think new RPers might ask you, and things that you're not sure about yourself. Seeing questions itemized like that can really help you decide what do with your story, and even see possible plot holes that might arise.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:57 am
welian
Some Witty Name

Welcome! Lots of people here have experience running group roleplays, myself included

Without knowing anything else about your plans, I suggest that you write down everything you DO know you want to put in your roleplay, and begin writing a list of questions, of things that you think new RPers might ask you, and things that you're not sure about yourself. Seeing questions itemized like that can really help you decide what do with your story, and even see possible plot holes that might arise.

I've been taking down some minor notes, but my biggest concern is graphics. I'm terrible with designing them, so in the back of my head, I've been putting it off, because I'm scared to fork out cash for someone to do up them, only to have it fail again. Although, I suppose that sort of thing happens commonly. I might just give it a shot without many graphics, only making minor details without fanciness and all that x,x

Some Witty Name

Timely Humorist

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:27 pm
Some Witty Name

You must be pretty confident then, if your only concern is graphics! Don't bother paying for them, inflation is too terrible on Gaia to warrant it.

You'll be better off just being mindful of the basics of typography and design - keep your body text as legible as possible, left-aligned and in muted colors. When you throw an image in, it should be kept small - if it's larger that 700px wide, it'll stretch the page horribly for people with small screens.

Chin up! Simple can be surprisingly fancy. This thread I ran has very simple graphics compared to a lot of what you'll see in "fancy" roleplays in Barton Town, but even if you take the graphics away, everything is still organized neatly with simple headers and a three-color scheme (orange, medium gray, and dark gray).

Really, as long as you err on the side of simple, your thread will be fine. It's better for it to look a bit bare than look like a garish mess.

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4071 4072 4073 4074 4075 4076 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games