Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4072 4073 4074 4075 4076 4077 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:52 pm
Welcome to the RPR, Witt! *does the welcome dance*
Feel free to ask. W/ it being based on Akame Ga Kill, I do need to strongly caution you about the severe potential for god-modding/power-playing w/ how powerful the magic items are. It's unavoidable, b/c the very nature of many of them is broken from a balance perspective (Akame's katana, Mine's rifle, etc...). Granted, you are likely already aware of this concern.

Also, our old RolePlaying 101 guide (http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=10529461), while mostly for players, does have some tidbits for runners. It may be of some help to you.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:07 pm
*lecherous smile* oh myyyyyy . . . . it's main function needs longer than 30 seconds- trust me.

Welcome to the fold, Witt. ^_^ *gluggles when Blissy is done with his 'toy'*  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

RagingBluMunky

Dedicated Tactician

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:06 pm
My my, we have quite the wealth of new people. Tis heartening.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:29 am
Yoder

I've actually put a ban on Akame's Katana, in my guidelines. Mien's Pumpkin, however, while it is strong, it's still something that can be dealt with, so I'm not too concerned, but if it becomes an issue, I'll tone it down a tad. I'm looking over all the weapons, and I'll even be putting a ban on the futuresight one possibly, as it's basically a complete encouragement of metaplaying. Thank you for the welcome, you and everyone, and I shall look into things as time progresses.

Some Witty Name

Timely Humorist

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:31 pm
Yes, it is good to see heightened activity around. I suspect we're one of the few general RPing guilds left that is actually active. Go figure, Magni and my chatting actually might have revitalized the place indirectly...

All right, so long as you've thought about limitations on the weapons. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:38 pm
Partial rant below. Read at your own risk.

I am a nervous wreck. Here's the reasons why.

1. My new job, while I love it, has HIGH expectations for me. I am succeeding, but at the same time it's wearing me out physically and emotionally. I'm already a wreck so adding that, it's not good for me.

2. I am a President of a certain club and I am trying my best to improve the club, to make connections, to make dates. To frickin improve. But how the heck can I do that if my officers is always working and if not, they are always doing homework? I need their support. I need their help. I cannot do everything on my own.

3. My roommates...I love them. Don't get me wrong. One of them is fine, but the other...let's call her A. And my second roommate B. Alright, so A has the tendency to overreact easily. Today, I wanted my tv wall to be installed because my room is very small (I have like 2 yards of open space that doesn't have furniture on it) (I don't have that many furniture either, I have dresser drawers, bed, desk and bookshelf and It's already crowded) (My TV is on my desk which should be use for other purposes) but she threw a HUGE fit because she doesn't want to lose her deposit money because of some holes in the walls. Ugh.

4. I'm still upset about the family situation. Too long to rant about. Short story short:

Mom: Doesn't trust me. Doesn't know sign language. Wasn't surprised when I'm not succeeding well in college. Can come off negative... very negative. But she's supportive money wise. But I refuse to ask her for money.

Sister: Doesn't trust me either. Doesn't know sign language either. Has her own life and I am proud but since our family is full of non-successful people except my mom and her, I'm sure she's not that proud.

Why they dont' trust me? Hell, I wish I know. I do everything in my power to never lie. This is when I found out they don't trust me. Okay, so on August 19th (my birthday) I wanted to go backpacking so I can go up the mountain as age 24 and down 25 (: Cool right? Anyways, mom asked me who I am going with, I told her that everyone is busy so I am going alone, but not worry, I am trained in backpacking now and I know how to survive if worse comes to worse.

Next day, my sister sent me a text saying that mom called her, and they both don't believe me. They both know I'm not going alone. To act like an adult and be honest about who I am going with. I told her that if I was going with a guy or female, I would be HAPPY if that happened. I would send them pics of our selfies with the tent in the background or something. They still didn't believe me. That's when I lost it. I was done. Done with them and I can't hang out with them anymore. I mean I come home and they act like nothing happened. Like that text never happened, but I had enough. I've been emotional destroyed many times and I've had enough. That's why I moved out.

Dad: Pffft. What dad? My stepdad is more of a dad then he ever was. By 100%. Yay. I'm Daddy Issues kind of girl. Daddy is... a strict guy who believes in old traditions. Let's leave it at that.

5. I ... I don't know. I feel like each time I try to make an effort to make goals or something, I get motivated and strong. But when I don't have support I lose my motivation. I know, I should just keep going with or without support. I don't know.

6. As I was typing this, I sent a text to my roommate to let her know that I missed one more paper of the application and gave it to A and B. A did not read the text, came home, came to my room with the paper and was like "What is THSI!?" I was being calm as possible and said "I missed one more paper, but if you-" "I HAVE TO LEAVE NOW." "I know but if you let me-" "I WAS SUPPOSE TO LEAVE FOR WORK LIKE FIVE MINUTES AGO. -walks off-" *sighs*

My text said this: "Hey! Karen emailed me and let me know that we were missing one more paper. I left it under your door. It doesn't have to be now but please try to do it when you get off or when you wake up (: Once done, just slip it under my door and I will go fax it in the morning! Thanks, and so sorry for the rush ): I don't want to rush anyone."

Meh.

7. I also suffer from insomnia. I mean seriously. The worse cause I had was awake at ... 42 hours? I was tired. I was falling asleep. But once I get to the position where I CAN sleep, I couldn't. That's my insomnia.

8. I'm struggling MASSIVELY against money right now.

9. It doesn't also help that I suffer from depression since the age 12.

10. I got my blood drawn three weeks ago and I'm very scared to hear the results. Still waiting on the results. Called the doctor today and they didn't have it yet. Ugh.

11. I also need to get the lump (had it since I was 20) checked every six months but.... read number 8. I'm under mom's insurance but it doesn't cover it full so I have to wait until I can make enough somehow and get it check. Because of that, I'm getting paranoid.

12. In addiction to number 9, I easily get paranoid when I shouldn't :/

So It's taking me 20 minutes to type this so far. A arrived about 15 minutes ago and she's still in her room.

That's another thing. A got mad at B for having room in the fridge. B apologizes and took up only ONE shelf in the fridge (there's three shelves) A took both upper... leaving me with an itty bitty drawer. I'm going to talk to her soon to take one shelf like we agreed, but I already know what will happen. She will get upset, cry, overreacted, be mad....

I wanted to ask her today so I can FINALLY go food shopping, but with that paper overreacting... I think I will ask her tomorrow when she's off all day so there's no excuse for anything.

On a bright note, has anyone seen the new Godzilla movie?  

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:47 pm
Wicked Lily
Partial rant below. Read at your own risk.

I am a nervous wreck. Here's the reasons why.

1. My new job, while I love it, has HIGH expectations for me. I am succeeding, but at the same time it's wearing me out physically and emotionally. I'm already a wreck so adding that, it's not good for me.

2. I am a President of a certain club and I am trying my best to improve the club, to make connections, to make dates. To frickin improve. But how the heck can I do that if my officers is always working and if not, they are always doing homework? I need their support. I need their help. I cannot do everything on my own.

3. My roommates...I love them. Don't get me wrong. One of them is fine, but the other...let's call her A. And my second roommate B. Alright, so A has the tendency to overreact easily. Today, I wanted my tv wall to be installed because my room is very small (I have like 2 yards of open space that doesn't have furniture on it) (I don't have that many furniture either, I have dresser drawers, bed, desk and bookshelf and It's already crowded) (My TV is on my desk which should be use for other purposes) but she threw a HUGE fit because she doesn't want to lose her deposit money because of some holes in the walls. Ugh.

4. I'm still upset about the family situation. Too long to rant about. Short story short:

Mom: Doesn't trust me. Doesn't know sign language. Wasn't surprised when I'm not succeeding well in college. Can come off negative... very negative. But she's supportive money wise. But I refuse to ask her for money.

Sister: Doesn't trust me either. Doesn't know sign language either. Has her own life and I am proud but since our family is full of non-successful people except my mom and her, I'm sure she's not that proud.

Why they dont' trust me? Hell, I wish I know. I do everything in my power to never lie. This is when I found out they don't trust me. Okay, so on August 19th (my birthday) I wanted to go backpacking so I can go up the mountain as age 24 and down 25 (: Cool right? Anyways, mom asked me who I am going with, I told her that everyone is busy so I am going alone, but not worry, I am trained in backpacking now and I know how to survive if worse comes to worse.

Next day, my sister sent me a text saying that mom called her, and they both don't believe me. They both know I'm not going alone. To act like an adult and be honest about who I am going with. I told her that if I was going with a guy or female, I would be HAPPY if that happened. I would send them pics of our selfies with the tent in the background or something. They still didn't believe me. That's when I lost it. I was done. Done with them and I can't hang out with them anymore. I mean I come home and they act like nothing happened. Like that text never happened, but I had enough. I've been emotional destroyed many times and I've had enough. That's why I moved out.

Dad: Pffft. What dad? My stepdad is more of a dad then he ever was. By 100%. Yay. I'm Daddy Issues kind of girl. Daddy is... a strict guy who believes in old traditions. Let's leave it at that.

5. I ... I don't know. I feel like each time I try to make an effort to make goals or something, I get motivated and strong. But when I don't have support I lose my motivation. I know, I should just keep going with or without support. I don't know.

6. As I was typing this, I sent a text to my roommate to let her know that I missed one more paper of the application and gave it to A and B. A did not read the text, came home, came to my room with the paper and was like "What is THSI!?" I was being calm as possible and said "I missed one more paper, but if you-" "I HAVE TO LEAVE NOW." "I know but if you let me-" "I WAS SUPPOSE TO LEAVE FOR WORK LIKE FIVE MINUTES AGO. -walks off-" *sighs*

My text said this: "Hey! Karen emailed me and let me know that we were missing one more paper. I left it under your door. It doesn't have to be now but please try to do it when you get off or when you wake up (: Once done, just slip it under my door and I will go fax it in the morning! Thanks, and so sorry for the rush ): I don't want to rush anyone."

Meh.

7. I also suffer from insomnia. I mean seriously. The worse cause I had was awake at ... 42 hours? I was tired. I was falling asleep. But once I get to the position where I CAN sleep, I couldn't. That's my insomnia.

8. I'm struggling MASSIVELY against money right now.

9. It doesn't also help that I suffer from depression since the age 12.

10. I got my blood drawn three weeks ago and I'm very scared to hear the results. Still waiting on the results. Called the doctor today and they didn't have it yet. Ugh.

11. I also need to get the lump (had it since I was 20) checked every six months but.... read number 8. I'm under mom's insurance but it doesn't cover it full so I have to wait until I can make enough somehow and get it check. Because of that, I'm getting paranoid.

12. In addiction to number 9, I easily get paranoid when I shouldn't :/

So It's taking me 20 minutes to type this so far. A arrived about 15 minutes ago and she's still in her room.

That's another thing. A got mad at B for having room in the fridge. B apologizes and took up only ONE shelf in the fridge (there's three shelves) A took both upper... leaving me with an itty bitty drawer. I'm going to talk to her soon to take one shelf like we agreed, but I already know what will happen. She will get upset, cry, overreacted, be mad....

I wanted to ask her today so I can FINALLY go food shopping, but with that paper overreacting... I think I will ask her tomorrow when she's off all day so there's no excuse for anything.

On a bright note, has anyone seen the new Godzilla movie?

Not sure what to say other than I read it, and offer you a plethora of hugs . . . that and in reference to the family situation:

I'm a sarcastic a**, so I would have said "Oh, alright. I'm having a massive orgy on the mountain to celebrate my birthday, you know . . . going up 24 and safe, coming down 25 and used like a cheap whore. Why? did you want a round? I'm not picky." Then again, that might be over the top.

Yoder: I'd love it if we could revitalize the place . . . but even if this is just a flash in the pan, I'm okay. Just as long as we remain friendly with those that are here for as long as they are here.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:35 pm
                  I'm hoping that whatever RP I make ends up being ludicrously action and comedy oriented.

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:47 pm
Sorry, no time to post tonight; I'm preparing to travel back home tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:48 pm
Yoder
Sorry, no time to post tonight; I'm preparing to travel back home tomorrow.

*gluggles* Take your time, my old friend.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:40 pm
I am wanting a horror theme weekend.

I have good games that always make me feel nervous, but I also want to watch some horror movies

If anyone has netflix, any suggestions to a good horror/suspense theme movies?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:27 pm
Wicked Lily
I am wanting a horror theme weekend.

I have good games that always make me feel nervous, but I also want to watch some horror movies

If anyone has netflix, any suggestions to a good horror/suspense theme movies?

If you're looking for classics : Nightmare on Elm Streat, The Exorcist, Donnie Darko, and pretty much any of the Hitchcock Films (if you wanna pick one : I'd say Psycho)

If you'd like a little psychological thriller : Sixth Sense, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo; and I recently watched a movie called Lucky Number Sleven that I really enjoyed, if you can find it  

GoldDragon1188

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:48 pm
for now I will just play F.E.A.R. 2 and then will get a horror movie on tonight

I love being off on weekends.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:49 pm
*hides from the horror genre in a corner with his toys*  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:10 pm
Alexander Magnus
*hides from the horror genre in a corner with his toys*

O.o

You don't do horror?

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4072 4073 4074 4075 4076 4077 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games