Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
For those who Dislike Resident Evil 4 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate resident evil 4
  Yes
  No
View Results

Godzillab10

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:35 am
Biohazard EXTREME
GameCube and PS version. I played them both on Professional mode, and sure, it was more challenging, but I'd hardly call it survival.
I mean, just the fact that you can continue from every room you enter, doesn't really put that fear of dying into me. It's like, "Oh, I died. There was a checkpoint 2 minutes ago. Big deal."

But I mean, aside from the backflips and weapon upgrades/merchant system, I can let go the over the shoulder gameplay elements.

It was the storyline that made me hate the game.

I'll agree with that on some aspects. It probably would've had more RE fan approvals if it was the start of a new RE storyline and didn't try to make it seem like a sequel.

And they could have stretched the chapters out better as well as cut back on check points.

Nonetheless its still one of my all time favorites  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:36 am
To each his own, I guess. But this is a thread for those who dislike it, and as such, I'm more than happy to say that I absolutely dread this game, and am happy to be rid of it.

EDIT: Well, okay, not more than happy to say that. I'd be happy if the game didn't deviate so much from what I actually liked about the series. Then maybe I'd still love the series and actually have something to look forward to.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:42 pm
I must extend my deepest apologies to Capcom, and I have to say that my respect for Capcom has somewhat redeemed.
However, I have lost ALL respect for Shinji Mikami.

My friend picked up this magazine which had a massive interview with Mikami and according to Mikami:

He didn't like the way RE2 or RE3 turned out. Capcom forced him to make those games, but right off the bat, he didn't want to make anymore games in that gameplay style.
He doesn't consider RE3 a true sequel and believes that Code Veronica has more of a Resident Evil spirit and that it's a true sequel instead.
The only reason RE4 turned out the way it did was because Mikami simply refused to make anymore games in the classic Fixed Camera, tank control style, and that all along Capcom was basically forcing him to make them that way.

Knowing this, I have much more respect for Capcom, for the fact that they actually kept the series good for as long as they did, when Mikami would've s**t on it long, long time ago.

I mean, obviously, since RE4 turned out to be such a money making machine, there's no way Capcom could go back to the old style. But at least we now know that it was Mikami's idea to turn RE into what it has become, and not Capcom's.

Which makes a lot of sense, considering that the first 2 versions of RE4 were a black fog version and a hook man version, which have both been rejected by Capcom. So obviously, Mikami thought he was doing something right with 'possessed dolls' and 'black fog entity' as monsters in an RE game. I guess they just settled for Ganados eventually.

Point is, the blame is on Mikami.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:50 pm
Where have you been?! crying  

REaceofclubs

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:51 pm
Lurking.

In fact! Mikami didn't even want to make RE1 into what it was. He wanted it to be called "Psycho" and for the enemies to be ghosts. Capcom forced him to make it about a Zombie virus outbreak. So as it turns out, Capcom are to thank for Resident Evil in the first place. The idea wasn't Mikami's to begin with.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:54 pm
I want to play a REALLY good ghost game, but Im glad RE is waht it is. or was rather.  

REaceofclubs

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:01 am
Damn...

Wow. Thats.... food for thought.

Thanks, Bio. I hope you're staying among us... the guilds' so boring without you  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:26 pm
Wow. So it was just him that screwed up an entire series. Well, at least I can stop hating Capcom now. Now I'm kinda wondering if he had anything to do with the downfall of other Capcom games, like Onimusha and Megaman...?

I agree, Notte. It also doesn't help that school is starting for alot of guild members, including me, either this week or last week. -_-

Vankala

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:38 pm
I feel betrayed. I looked up to Shinji Mikami, but he tricked us! He tricked us! MUTINY! scream Does this mean you'll check out Degeneration, Bio? biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:44 pm
Like I said, I'm waiting for a report from you, after YOU watch it. It was Shinji Mikami who killed Resident Evil, not Capcom. But the fact remains, Resident Evil IS dead.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:54 pm
By the way, which magazine was it? If it was Game Informer, I'm so looking into that again...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:00 pm
No, it was an Argentinian publication, so it's not even available in English. But they got their information from the Japanese magazines.  

Biohazard EXTREME

UmbraGallus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:40 am
wow...i'm speechless...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:14 pm
Now, I'd hate to put Mikami on the same pedestal as Wesker, considering Mikami is just not capable of achieving that kind of coolness.
But it's kinda like RE1, isn't it? With the fans being Barry.
We thought that we were screwed over by the Company, whereas it was all the work of one man.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Blackartist19

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:44 pm
Resident Evil 4 had its ups and downs. But still its Biohazard to me. Right now i'm playing the umbrella chronicles and thats an ok game. its not meant to be like the other RE games. its more like a review and further explanation about the umbrella company and what was going on before 4. RE5 looks like a good game as well. the worse thing they are doing is steering away from survival horror as in there isn't a limited amount of ammo lying around which takes out the fun. i think they are making it more of action than horror which is really sad. but i still continue to play the games because the story continues on for each character. if anything resident evil is like harry potter; constantly changing for the worse. though im still a fan of biohazard i especially like how the put the camera behind the back and kept some of the functions in.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games