Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 408 409 410 411 412 413 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:19 pm
You can get SH1 for about $40, $30 if you're lucky, but I don't consider that expensive.

Also, Electric Playground kicks a**. They published one of my reviews on their website. And I met Victor Lucas. It was awesome.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:15 am
Well, with the announcement of FFXIII for the 360, the 360 just wont this generation's console wars.

Ugh, if the 360 had to win the console wars... Why couldn't it be with ANY other game? Any game that's actually GOOD, you know?
But no, it had to be Final Fantasy....

I have the deepest resentment for Sony right now... You know, after The Spirits Within came out, Squaresoft almost went out of business... But Sony bought 19% of their stock and saved the company. And now, Square is developing for whoever's the most popular...
Can you imagine? If Sony didn't save Square... There wouldn't be crap like the new FF games... Oh Sony, what have you done!?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:55 am
Who said the 360's won?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:21 am
Biohazard EXTREME
You can get SH1 for about $40, $30 if you're lucky, but I don't consider that expensive.

Also, Electric Playground kicks a**. They published one of my reviews on their website. And I met Victor Lucas. It was awesome.

Sweet! Which review?

Oh and Canas, I think the name of that show was Judgement Day. I miss that show too. I actually liked it better than X-Play. I wish they would bring it back. crying Icons was awesome, too.

Vankala

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:52 am
Well if Nintendo hadn't let go of them, they never would've made the masterpieces that they did on the Playstation. You can thank Nintendo for that. And I guess it's just coming around. NES to SNES, ruled by Nintendo. PS1 to PS2, ruled by Sony. And now... PS360 to...? ruled by Sonisoft.

And Vankala, weren't they awesome together? I loved the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory review. Victor hated it but Tommy loved it. I think the ratings were 2.0 and 8.5. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:03 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, with the announcement of FFXIII for the 360, the 360 just wont this generation's console wars.

Ugh, if the 360 had to win the console wars... Why couldn't it be with ANY other game? Any game that's actually GOOD, you know?
But no, it had to be Final Fantasy....

I have the deepest resentment for Sony right now... You know, after The Spirits Within came out, Squaresoft almost went out of business... But Sony bought 19% of their stock and saved the company. And now, Square is developing for whoever's the most popular...
Can you imagine? If Sony didn't save Square... There wouldn't be crap like the new FF games... Oh Sony, what have you done!?
I thought Enix saved them?  

La Duchesse

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:13 am
EEEEEEH~

Where've you been, Duchesse? xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:56 am
First of all, this review: http://elecplay.com/articles_review.php?article=11491

Secondly, no, it was Sony, who bought 19% of Square's stock. If you recall, FF10 was still made under "Squaresoft". The Square-Enix merger didn't happen until after. And if it wasn't for Sony, Square could've died and the merger wouldn't have happened.

Oh and Canas, the 360 won because it's cheaper than the PS3 and it's getting FF13 on it, and although I don't have exact numbers, Final Fantasy has a bigger fanbase than any other game out there. It's so evident. And oh so sad.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:01 pm
You know, sometimes I wish the merger never happened... Except that we'd have no KHII. Which would be sad.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:03 pm
Which would be awesome. KH gives a bad name to Disney and it gave a bad name to FF before FF gate ITSELF a bad name.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:08 pm
How does it give Disney a bad name? It has their characters whoopin' on each other and somehow makes it sweet, while adding (overadding, more like, unfortunately) FF characters into the mix. And yet throughout this it still manages to have its own original ideas and throws them in as well. I love it... heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:16 pm
It mixes Disney with that corrupt world of Anime, where kids are angsty, have really bad haircuts, and listen to J-Pop. It corrupts the purity of Disney's cartoons.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:21 pm
The 360 had an advantage, it came out a year earlier than the Wii and PS3. Not just that, Halo fans were one of the biggest reasons some people bought a 360. FF games have a huge fanbase, but a lot of it is centered in Japan were RPGs seem to be played by everybody. Not only that, in America, the 360 is selling more than the PS3. In Japan, its the other way around.
Not only that, the 360 is only getting one of the FFXIII's.

Now, if Microsoft really wants to win the console wars they'd have to get one other PS3 exclusive. MGS.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:20 pm
Seeing as I'm a little naive in the whole next gen console war, I'm really just not interested in buying a next-gen console. I mean, I WOULD have purchased a PS3 that had backward compatibility... but it doesn't work with 20% of the games that I own and play regularly... and that's a large issue for me. So I wait.

I'm not a fan of KH. The first one was tolerable, had catchy music, but I just couldn't get past the first area in 2... I got so frustrated I went back and returned the game. Something I *never* do. I still have the demo disk with Crash Bandicoot that came with my first PS1.

That being said, Squenix will have to blow me away with FFXIII... something I don't see happening. The Espers were the only thing that salvaged XII for me, and it wasn't even their attacks, it was the fact that they were based on the signs of the zodiac.

We miss you, Duchesse. crying  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:30 pm
Elliot Salem
The 360 had an advantage, it came out a year earlier than the Wii and PS3. Not just that, Halo fans were one of the biggest reasons some people bought a 360. FF games have a huge fanbase, but a lot of it is centered in Japan were RPGs seem to be played by everybody. Not only that, in America, the 360 is selling more than the PS3. In Japan, its the other way around.
Not only that, the 360 is only getting one of the FFXIII's.

Now, if Microsoft really wants to win the console wars they'd have to get one other PS3 exclusive. MGS.

Yes, the 360 had an advantage. But that's the point. Had FFXIII been a Sony exclusive, it might have JUST given Sony the edge it needed to beat the 360, upon XIII's release anyway. Now that XIII is coming for the 360. The FF fanboys are gonna say, "I wanna play that game, and that's the only game I need in the world, and I don't need any other game until FFXIV. Now, which console is cheaper?" And it'll be the 360.

And FF might have its biggest market in Japan, but all I know is that on Gamefaqs, the top most viewed FAQ's for nearly every console is Final Fantasy. To me that's proof enough that the gaming world is overpopulated by FF fanboys and fangirls.

Screw the console wars. I just hate to see Final Fantasy still having such a following. They should die out or something.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 408 409 410 411 412 413 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games