Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply EverGleam
Evergleam Giveaway & Lotto -- Gleam On! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 409 410 411 412 413 414 ... 463 464 465 466 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vote on the future of this guild.
  1. All contests end immediately, all prizes get distributed, and it's all over. No more Guild.
  2. We move back to a Chatterbox-only format, one single Evergleam thread, so there will be more people.
  3. Other choice -- POST ABOUT IT or it'll never be voted on, never happen.
View Results

Lady Leopardess
Vice Captain

Romantic Cat

13,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:19 am

aww that's too bad about your kitty. sad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:38 am

I know...but it could have been worse I guess. It's just weird coming home and not having him on the porch mreowing

Aiko Kitsune

23,550 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100

Aiko Kitsune

23,550 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:50 am

ninja
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:07 am

I'm sorry, Aiko. May you be comforted among all the mourners in this rainy world.

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Aiko Kitsune

23,550 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:44 am

Thanks Divash
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:35 am

pirate

Aiko Kitsune

23,550 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100

Lady Leopardess
Vice Captain

Romantic Cat

13,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:43 am

Those emerald seed items are cool.
Although right now I"m saving up for either the red or pink skunk plushie.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:17 pm

I broke down and bought an Emerald Seed pack, I managed to get a Buttercream Rose and the hat I'm wearing and that was it. I wanna get the skunk plushies too, they're so cute

Aiko Kitsune

23,550 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100

Aiko Kitsune

23,550 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:29 am

ninja
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:18 am

Aiko Kitsune
I broke down and bought an Emerald Seed pack, I managed to get a Buttercream Rose and the hat I'm wearing and that was it. I wanna get the skunk plushies too, they're so cute

If the seed sticks around til MidMay or I get a lot of hours at work, then I'll probably buy myself one of those packs.
Probably in may or june I"ll also get myself the guard EI, Infernal EI and the Gogh Reed. (maybe a 2nd one to sell so I can get the skunk easily)
Why are the skunks so expensive when they're not in demand anymore? (if you look at the sales of skunks it's gone down drastically)

Lady Leopardess
Vice Captain

Romantic Cat

13,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

Aiko Kitsune

23,550 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:30 pm

Because people can no longer win them so they'll stay up for that reason. Just like when the emerald seed goes away, items like the buttercream rose and such will remain high even after their price drops
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:10 pm

Well with the WTF hat it went down after those boxes left.
I just hope the seeds stay awhile .

Lady Leopardess
Vice Captain

Romantic Cat

13,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

Aiko Kitsune

23,550 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:23 am

True and with people now being able to get the hats from the overseer. Maybe the seeds will stay. But I'm expecting them to only be around for about one more week, maybe two
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:55 am

Okay, here's what I've done so far in preparation for Passover:

Last Monday and Tuesday:
* Bought the special Passover foods that we will need for feeding ourselves, five guests, and various drop-ins during the eight days of Passover. Fresh fruits and vegetables are fine for Passover, but everything else requires special certification that it has never been, nor been mixed with, nor been looked at suspiciously by, products of the Five Grains (wheat, oats, barley, spelt, and rye), unless it contains matzah, in which case it must specifically state, "May Be Used For Passover."

Last Wednesday and Thursday:
* Opened every book I own, flip through pages to find stray crumbs (which then fell to the floor), set it on a table, repeat until entire shelves were empty, clean shelves, replace books. I've got three large bookcases, two of them with books stacked two deep, plus my computer desk, plus RLSO's computer desk.

Sunday:

* Washed, dried, folded, and put away six loads of laundry. I still have to do the bed sheets and blankets.

* Thoroughly clean the inside and outside of my microwave, oven, stovetop, countertops, cabinets, refrigerator, freezer. Separated all refrigerated, frozen, and shelved foods into foods that may, and may not, be used for Passover. Dusted every single food container. Cleaned out shelf. Replaced food by category (Passover foods in the lower, more accessible shelves).

* Pulled out every eating or cooking vessel or utensil I own and cleaned it. Separated them into those that may be used for Passover and those that may not. Those that may not be used for Passover (because they're made of porous or semiporous materials) are now stacked in my guest room in neat piles: those that are used only for foods containing dairy products or byproducts, those that are used only for foods containing meat products or byproducts, and those that are used for foods that contain neither dairy nor meat.

* Set the dishes that can be used for Passover on the dining table. And the living room coffee table. Both tables are now quite crowded.

* Cleaned and put away toaster oven, food processor, hand blender, and other small appliances that may not be used for Passover because they may emit some flour dust or other grain product during their operation.

I still have to do these things today (Monday):

* Shop for the dairy items and fresh produce that I'll need for Passover. This obviously couldn't be done any earlier, because the items would spoil.

* Run my oven through a self-cleaning cycle. Turn on the burners to HIGH heat for a full hour. Neither the oven nor the stovetop has been in use for a little over 24 hours.

* Place a glass of soapy water into my microwave and run it on HIGH power until the water bubbles and boils out, then clean up the mess. This is in an already spotless microwave, you understand. The microwave has not been used for a little over 24 hours. (By now you're wondering what, and how, I managed to make dinner, aren't you? Well, I didn't. We ate out. Thank G*D for kosher restaurants!)

* Pour boiling water over the kitchen sink, faucets, and fixtures; all countertops; the stovetop; and the kitchen floor. The sink, countertop, and stovetop have not been used for a little over 24 hours.

* Clean out my dishwasher and run an empty load with bleach and soap. The dishwasher hasn't been in use for a little over 24 hours. (By now you're wondering what, and how, I managed to make dinner and then clean up afterward, aren't you? Well, I didn't. We ate out. Thank G*D for kosher restaurants!)

* Boil a 50-quart pot of water and immerse each and every cooking or eating vessel or utensil which can be used for Passover,in a process called "hagalah," which means boiling, and will make that item kosher for Passover use. Then they can go back into the newly cleaned-out cabinets.

* Pour more boiling water over the dining table, which will be moved into the tiled kitchen and off of its usual spot on the nice hardwood floors for this little operation. The dining table has not been used in 24 or so hours. Actually, much longer, but only because it's been covered for days with dishes, and before that books, and before that a pile of laundry that wanted sorting.

* Wash the sheets and blankets, as well as all the washrags and towels I've been using to do all this cleaning (in the interest of not filling up landfills, I don't use disposable products until all of my reusable products are in the laundry hamper).

* Change the shower curtains (not a requirement for Passover, but it's about time to do it, and I like a nice fresh one for the holiday).

* Swap out all toothbrushes and toothbrush heads, since they contain minute traces of chametz (grain products and byproducts, the very things we're not supposed to own, use, taste, or benefit from during Passover).

* Bring out all the special utensils and vessels that I keep only for Passover use. They've been hiding in a high, tall, out-of-reach cabinet since this time last year, and now I get to use them again.

* Wipe down the coffee table in the living room, then cover it with a sheet of plastic and some duct tape. I'll also cover the dining table similarly. No one will see this layer of plastic because each one will have a pretty little table cloth on it. Then I'll put another sheet of plastic over the table cloth, so that drips and spills from Passover foods won't mar my pretty table cloths.

* And then I still have to find a way to make dinner, that won't muck up my kitchen. I'm thinking we may eat out again.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) I have to start making the various foods that can be made ahead for the holiday. The holiday arrives Wednesday at sundown, and all preparation must be finished by then.

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Aiko Kitsune

23,550 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:52 am

Good grief Divash....
EverGleam

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 409 410 411 412 413 414 ... 463 464 465 466 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games