Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4115 4116 4117 4118 4119 4120 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:29 pm
I've heard very good things about Death Wish coffee from reliable sources. A super-dark but not bitter roast with extra caffeine (natural to the bean, not artificially added).  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:15 pm
I've taken my first dose. Noopept felt like being up, stimulated, but not strung out. Just at that comfortable level.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:01 pm
Did the past really happen?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:07 am
@Skreemer: I'm confused, though I've only down the smallest amount of research. What are Noopept and the drugs from Limitless for?

@Magni: Not a bad vid.
I find Occam's razor to be over-/mis-used a lot as a way to disregard legitimate inquiry and discussion. It, just like Newton's razor, has its place for sure, but generalizing it leads to dangerous assumptions (just as the generalization of the theory of relativity has led science down a path I can no longer respect and support).
That was one of the few decent presentations of entropy I've seen, though he still gets it wrong by saying that laziness slows entropy. Entropy is also known as the arrow of time for good reason; just b/c a lazy person isn't expending as much effort and energy, that just means that the potential to use that energy (aka: your remaining lifespan) is being wasted, no meaningful utilization beyond sustained existence. I don't see how exercise and activity "age" the universe more quickly, though I suppose this is where I must diverge since my belief system's end of days will come before entropic heat death.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:15 am
Generally, to help improve intellligence. Mainly by increasing focus, boosting memory and alertness. I take say, 10 mg a day when I wake up, I'm able to write more, focus better on games and I'm thinking I'd be able to do better at work.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:55 pm
I love the channels for Vsauce on youtube. They present videos that make you think and are quite interesting. Of course, they also have things you can buy on videos like LUT, and things that are insane like Mind Blow. There are also videos on another channel for Game Lut.

Seriously. Watch Vsauce, Vsauce2, and Vsauce3 on youtube. It's worth it.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:19 pm
@Skreemer: Oh, interesting. After a little more research I see they're primarily dopamine-interacting chemicals. Don't they cause dependencies or have undesirable side effects (or, I suppose, are prohibitively expensive)?

@Magni: For the sake of my stress levels and miniscule remainder of faith in humanity, I think I'll pass on the YouTube channels. I know from past experience trying out watching those types of video series that I get way too "righteous thunder" (for lack of a better way to put it) about assertions they make or even ideas they propose that viewers take as fact. But, thank you anyway.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:55 pm
sad Okay . . . I thought they were good, but okay.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:01 am
Yoder
@Skreemer: Oh, interesting. After a little more research I see they're primarily dopamine-interacting chemicals. Don't they cause dependencies or have undesirable side effects (or, I suppose, are prohibitively expensive)?

@Magni: For the sake of my stress levels and miniscule remainder of faith in humanity, I think I'll pass on the YouTube channels. I know from past experience trying out watching those types of video series that I get way too "righteous thunder" (for lack of a better way to put it) about assertions they make or even ideas they propose that viewers take as fact. But, thank you anyway.

the cost wasn't too bad really. As for dependencies, I'm not sure how it would honestly. It's such a subtle effect.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:32 pm
@Magni: confused I'm sorry; I meant nothing against you in any way. While I have no problem with discussions with people holding opinions other than my own, I dislike the thought of people holding to opinions I disagree with just due to watching videos that were convincing. Those paragraphs I wrote about the video you linked to is the sort of stuff I can't help but think up, and I don't have the time for lengthy rants.

@Skreemer: Oh, I thought that anything interacting with dopamine, by virtue of it being the "happy"/"feel-good" chemical in the brain, would cause a dependency. Not necessarily a physical addiction, but a psychological.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:02 pm
okay . . . I just find them entertaining, and they do seem to do their research. Then again, I doubt much of what they cover will ever be used in a demonstrable way in life.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:56 pm
Maybe, then again I'm dependent on most the time.I'm thinking I could just stop taking it when I need to, like if I feel pain caused by nerve growth,  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:50 pm
@Magni: Again, I'm sorry. I guess you could say I'm in a bit of a mood right now. sweatdrop

@Skreemer: Nerve growth sounds very painful.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:41 am
Only a little and only for a short burst. It just feels like a superficial burn for a few seconds, then it's gone.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:09 pm
Not so bad, then, I guess.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4115 4116 4117 4118 4119 4120 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games