Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4134 4135 4136 4137 4138 4139 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:14 pm
                  Last time I purged, I accidentally got rid of some sentimental stuff. I'd rather you do the purging this time Magni, but I know you've been busy IRL.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:45 am
The question is, is there anyone around to be sentimental for it?
Ay, basura. That other guild... well the captain finally reared her head and proceeded to act like the worst possible person.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:59 pm
@Welian: I'm not against a Barton branch of the RPR; it just seemed to be leaning toward focusing on that to the exclusion of the guild. Perhaps I was reading into things too much, though, as excitement over a new venture can easily be mistaken as disinterest of previous ventures.

@Magni:
We had an inactive member purge once upon a time, as our member count in now way reflected our activity (not that our current member cout does, either, of course). So, a thread/topic purge sounds like a good idea.
I don't think it's as much trying something completely new as trying strategies until they work; no startegy is a guarantee, so circumstances differing at the different times a strategy was tried could have a significant impact. Of course, this is all speculation.

I could take a crack at it if you're too busy, though I'd have to be crew again to do so.

@Skreemer: That's why moving them into a crew-only subforum may be for the best, just in case we ever want to see them again ("recycle bin" VS permanent deletion).  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:09 pm
Of course Snowman.
And as my final update on things over that other guild, I just verbally ripped their captain and her bitter as ******** cheerleader douche a new one, called her out on stealing our ideas, her unwillingness to cooperate and her refusal to prove that she hadnt got any form of contact from my new captain and deleted our thread of willing recruits that showed she was in the minority.
Rant over.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:32 pm
                  Huh.

I mean, I honestly thought that "move to a new guild, keep the brand" idea was a good idea for them. I didn't realize there was so much damn drama in there. It's interesting to see Arrinae in there. I met her in Barton Town, in Mud's RP advertisement thread. Not a friend, but not someone I hate either, though I do think she's overly opinionated. She once admitted to not liking "ugly" villains in her roleplay.

Anyways, Skreemer, if you're looking to make a new guild, I wish you luck and I'd be happy to work on guild graphics for ya.

Yoder: I think RPR will be alright in the long run. I believe I'll make an activity check thread - send another anouncement and ask people to post in there, then I think we should be able to safely remove members who haven't posted since, say, 2013.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:39 pm
Yoder
@Magni:
We had an inactive member purge once upon a time, as our member count in now way reflected our activity (not that our current member cout does, either, of course). So, a thread/topic purge sounds like a good idea.
I don't think it's as much trying something completely new as trying strategies until they work; no startegy is a guarantee, so circumstances differing at the different times a strategy was tried could have a significant impact. Of course, this is all speculation.

I could take a crack at it if you're too busy, though I'd have to be crew again to do so.

1. I am not going to tackle a member purge, but I am tempted to say "All RPs that are older than 2015 for their last post are at risk. If nobody posts in them or crew is not notified to archive any older RPs, they will be deleted. I don't mind archiving them, but if nobody cares, then why bother?

2. I'm open to ideas, and not just from you and wellie. I always tried to run this place democratically. Doing what the populace felt was best for the populace.

3. The only reason you aren't crew is you didn't want to be. I know you. I trust you. I believe in you.

Skreemer
The question is, is there anyone around to be sentimental for it?
Ay, basura. That other guild... well the captain finally reared her head and proceeded to act like the worst possible person.

Oh, that statement makes me think of Bleach: Elites. The old guard left the guild, but did not vacate the positions of power. Then they would come back and raise cain to any changes we tried to enact to improve the guild. That more than anything else spelled the doom of the guild. Good on yah for standing up to her. Hell . . . if I was like that here, I'd expect somebody to smack me down a few pegs.

welian
...Arrinae... once admitted to not liking "ugly" villains in her roleplay.

Yoder: I think RPR will be alright in the long run. I believe I'll make an activity check thread - send another anouncement and ask people to post in there, then I think we should be able to safely remove members who haven't posted since, say, 2013.

Ugly. wow. that makes me just sit slack-jawed at her idiocy. And superficial mannerisms. Just wow. As for the activity thread, sure. Why not? There are a few names I would hold exempt- like 5 or less. A few oldbies. Other than that, sure. If you want to tackle that, I'm more than willing to endorse that plan.

BTW, why oh why do you have a horde of (list) and (/list) on your posting style? I never see them do anything, and yet you have so very many to weed through when I quote you! eek  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:25 pm
Alexander Magnus

Because they indent my content in a pleasing manner, like so, and I've stuck just enough in there that I can slip in a 100x100 icon on the left and it works perfectly as a simple post format for different characters.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:16 pm
welian

If you say so, darlin. *shrugs*  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:47 pm
Alright, before the purge begins, can I just grab my stuff for my failed Gundam RP and that one about mad scientists?
And... The Department... we get this place moving again, I'll keep it here, since me and Yoder already had some great story arcs planned out and after that first playthrough, I've identified the strengths and weaknesses of it, so we can restart with clearer vision.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:47 pm
Nothing has be begun yet, Skreemer . . . so consider it just a head's up at this point.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:09 am
Of course captain. I got the Gundam one sent over to one of my new collaborators at a whole new world.
Captain there said we'd be pleased as punch to ally. Our reputation here still carries a lot of weight with older roleplayers and we're very happy to have members popping back and forth.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:15 pm
@Skreemer: That sounds like quite the sticky situation. I'm glad the RPR has been drama-free for the most part.
I'm glad to hear that the RPR has a good reputation.

@Welian: Yeah, an activity check wouldn't be a bad idea either, though I think the topic purge takes priority over a member purge.

@Magni: @1: That sounds like a decent criterion.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:27 pm
Skreemer
Of course captain. I got the Gundam one sent over to one of my new collaborators at a whole new world.
Captain there said we'd be pleased as punch to ally. Our reputation here still carries a lot of weight with older roleplayers and we're very happy to have members popping back and forth.

shoot me a link, and I'll give it a once-over. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:31 pm
Alexander Magnus
Skreemer

shoot me a link, and I'll give it a once-over. biggrin

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/a-whole-new-world/g.433239/
Here you are cap'n. We're still in our beta testing stage, but we're ready to go. If you need to be let in, just say and I'll accept you or invite you.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:12 pm
Skreemer
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/a-whole-new-world/g.433239/
Here you are cap'n. We're still in our beta testing stage, but we're ready to go. If you need to be let in, just say and I'll accept you or invite you.

Sent a message, dropped your name. 3nodding  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4134 4135 4136 4137 4138 4139 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games