Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4136 4137 4138 4139 4140 4141 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 5:16 pm
Sounds promising. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:58 pm
It is possible . . . though I am taking care not to rush into anything.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:23 am
Of course.
Magni, Coral said she hasn't had an answer from you in PM yet, not sure if it's because you've been busy or just your account hopping. Just a little friendly nudge you know?
What we're talking about is having an embassy thread there with those of us from here discussing stuff that we do here, interacting with the people there in OOC. And make it clear that I have a certain sense of loyalty with my properties that means some RP IP's I have are exclusive to here.
Also I just saw Chroma Squad on gog.com and it just looks
http://www.gog.com/game/chroma_squad
wow.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:18 pm
Skreemer
Of course.
Magni, Coral said she hasn't had an answer from you in PM yet, not sure if it's because you've been busy or just your account hopping. Just a little friendly nudge you know?
What we're talking about is having an embassy thread there with those of us from here discussing stuff that we do here, interacting with the people there in OOC. And make it clear that I have a certain sense of loyalty with my properties that means some RP IP's I have are exclusive to here.
Also I just saw Chroma Squad on gog.com and it just looks
http://www.gog.com/game/chroma_squad
wow.

I haven't responded because her answer was as out of the blue as your own. It was "sure, what do we do now?" I dropped your name and started working with you here as an intermediary to find out what was expected. This was your suggestion, so I was looking to you for some ideas on what you are looking for. Not to discredit her in any way, but if you bring it up, I thought best to work with you and see just what was thought up in the first place.

I don't mind cross pollination, in fact, what if you had the same game world, but different countries in different guilds? One nation here, the other there, neighboring places with some interaction to unify them in a cross-guild universe?  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:36 am
                  Stupid friggin... Ugh. I got hit with the flu sometime last night, I think. Scratchy, itchy sore throat, fever, headache... That's okay, no big deal, not like I have TWO finals due today.

Anyways, guild relationships.

I suggest starting with a banner exchange, placing a 200x40 banner somewhere in a stickied thread or on the guild home page.

Do this with enough guilds, and you have an association - and who doesn't want to be part of a roleplay association?

The key is to think big, but work small, because things hardly ever work out the way you want them to when real people are involved.

Also, don't be afraid to posit ideas. You may feel like you're coming across as bossy and take-charge, but the number one reason s**t never gets done in life is because everyone is looking to someone else to take the first step. Take the first step. Turn around and step back if people don't like it. Simple as that.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:45 pm
Perhaps the first step is for Skreemer to copypasta that suggestion list and send it to our proposed cohort?

Sorry about the illness- truly. *hugs*  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:57 pm
ninja  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 2:23 pm
@Skreemer: That game does seem fairly interesting.
GOG also just released the beta for their optional standalone Steam-like client today. It's pretty nice, and I'm looking forward to its completion.

@Magni: That's a neat idea. Kind of a distributed/loose mass rp, in a way.

@Welian: Sorry about your illness. I may be coming down with something myself.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:21 pm
Have done already Magni. For now it's being discussed, since this will be the model for future interactions.
Yeah, I saw Yoder. I'm hopeful it means I'll get to play multiplayer Total Annihilation. The world is not ready for such a terrifying amount of dickery, feints, double bluffs and explosions.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:23 pm
xd I contributed!  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:06 am
                  I got a doctor's appointment in about an hour. It's just a cold, there's nothing to be done, but at least I can get a sick note and use that to bargain for an extension on my finals.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:40 pm
welian
                  I got a doctor's appointment in about an hour. It's just a cold, there's nothing to be done, but at least I can get a sick note and use that to bargain for an extension on my finals.

I hope all goes well enough for you, wellie. *hugs*  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:48 pm
-curls up into a ball on the couch, hidden under the blanket-  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 3:55 am
The UK is boned.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:49 pm
@Welian: Feel better soon!

@Bliss: *pokes Bliss*

@Skreemer: Why is that?  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4136 4137 4138 4139 4140 4141 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games