Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 412 413 414 415 416 417 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:46 pm
How's the storyline?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:02 pm
The storyline is alright, it switches in between present time and the past, but in a good way. What it is, is the assassin you play as is actually a part of a memory. In the present, the guy you are is a decedent of the assassin and has been kidnapped or something by a company. They use a machine that allows you to replay the memories. The story has different twists, not on a scale of MGS proportions, but they aren't over the top. And this'll mark the start of a planed trilogy of games.

On a different note, does anyone here watch The Shield or Rescue Me, or any other tv drama?  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:05 pm
But I noticed you comparing it to Grand Theft Auto. It's not like, "Here's your mission, go do this." Mission accomplished. "Here's your mission, go do this." Mission accomplished. "Here's a friend of mine. You get your missions from him from now on." is it?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:09 pm
Ah, yes, what I meant by that is how you described it, but more like "Mission one drive here, cue cutscene, mission complete. Mission two, drive here, kill enemies, get object, cue cutscene, mission complete, mission three, drive here, cue cutscene mission complete."  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:12 pm
Screw it. I'll just rent it and see how it is.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:14 pm
Yeah, that'll be the best thing to do.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:17 pm
Well, with any luck, this weekend I'll lend a job at Blockbuster Video. Then it's rental central.
Hehe, try saying that 3 times fast.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:20 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
I never did check out the Sands of Time trilogy. I played the second one for a bit, but then I thought, "God of War is better" and turned it off. I dunno, I think I just died at one part too many times and gave up. xd

From most to least favorite (I like them all though), I'd say Sands of Time (1), The Two Thrones (3), then Warrior Within (2).

And G4's E3 one-minute update said that SH5 has multi-tier boss battles. Kristen Holt's quote: "It's starting to look more like an action game than an atmospheric horror title."

Me: "...No. No!! crying "  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:21 pm
I said it a bunch of times and I'll say it again. Survival Horror as a franchise is dying.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:25 pm
Well for sure, but I was still holding out hope because I love Silent Hill. At least this is the last one. At least, that's what I thought the guy who announced it said. That way it'll just die before things get too bad.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:29 pm
Yeah. I'm just crossing my fingers that it'll at least preserve the purity (ironic as that word may be) of Silent Hill's storyline and be done with it. I don't want it to conclude though.
We better not see some crap like, "You solved the mysteries of Silent Hill, now that town will never bother anyone again. Everyone is happy in it now and there's no more evils."
Hopefully Akira Yamoka has more sense than that.

You know, it's ironic though, Silent Hill Origins and Homecoming are both being developed by English speaking developers, two different companies. And it still seems like they're sticking more true to the origins of Silent Hill than the creators of Resident Evil, who are the SAME people who worked on the previous games.

If I didn't know better, I would've picked up RE4 and said, "So they just let some other company do what they wanted with it?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:34 pm
I wanna play Origins. I've heard it's pretty good. And that the PSP version is the definitive version. razz  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:36 pm
Well, it's the same game. The only thing is, they didn't upgrade the graphics or anything, so by the PS2 standards, it looks sub-par. But by PSP standards it looks good.
But it doesn't matter, I mean, essentially, that's like saying that a game you play on sega Genesis is good, but when you get the "Sega Genesis Collection" for the PS2, it's not as good because they didn't update the graphics to PS2 quality.

I mean, if you don't HAVE a PSP, then the PS2 version should do just fine.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:38 pm
Well I have a PSP. razz  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:41 pm
Oh, okay. Well yeah, get that version then. Plus then you'll have SH on the go.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 412 413 414 415 416 417 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games