Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4145 4146 4147 4148 4149 4150 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:48 pm
crickets are chirping.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:27 pm
*wonders where everybody went*  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:48 pm
No, not really, actually. XD

Gomenasai, Magni-sama. On vacation for 2 weeks now and have had more-limited access to internet than expected (and have been dog-tired, as this is the 1st time I've been the primary driver).  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:08 pm
I am growing disillusioned with gaia more and more each day. I begin to wonder why I come here anymore.

I hope you enjoy your vacation, my dear friend. Of course, i can sympathize given that I am the only driver in my household, so anything that requires transport is dumped on me.  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:08 am
I promise I will come in and keep you company every day from now on Magni-sama. And, if can't bear it any longer, just message me for my FB details  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:43 pm
I can understand how you feel. I often find myself lacking motivation to even do what I enjoy (or used to).  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:37 pm
Okay. Let me be very clear on this. I have zero problem giving out my facebook information here, and would welcome chatters. If things go sour, that is what an unfollow or unfriend button is for. In the meantime, were anybody to try and add me there, I'd ask how you know me. I don't collect friends, so those on my list are there for a good reason. :nod:

I simply have become disillusioned like at least one Refuge captain before me. Gaia is nothing more than a money-sucking entity any longer, having drifted from the aspects that I truly enjoyed once upon a time. This was a place that encouraged participation, activity, and roleplay with focus on gold for upgrading avatars. It has become so much different now that I begin to lose some measures of faith. Questioning why I am still here literally every day with three accounts.

Just disheartening, you know? spend over 11 years in a place, and watch all you adored about it fade into obscurity or worse . . . die slowly in your presence. Makes you question.

As for you, Yoder . . . I can relate. I begin to wonder "is this what a midlife crisis is like?" I still love my transformers, but spend far more time using markers on them to upgrade their look than transforming them. I still love my video games, but haven't bought any new games in I think about a year. I still love RP, but barely get to do that anymore. Just . . . stuck in a rut, I suppose.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:49 pm
I think I scared you all off. sweatdrop  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:05 pm
You haven't scared me off. I would like to reply; I just haven't had the time/energy. My family does "theme park"/attraction style vacations where every day is an excursion to do New Thing X. My idea of a vacation is lazing around the house and going nowhere, but ehh...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:11 pm
Good to know. My dad was smiliar. He was convinced that he was "going to get his money's worth." Every day of vacay was a dead run to see and do as much as humanly possible. Thus, we were exhausted by what should be a break.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:02 am
I agree that Gaia is a very different beast now than what it once was.

Even if it does end one day, we at least had plenty of good in those 11 years.

Glad somebody else I know feels the similarly. It seems everybody else in my age is full of vigor, but I just cannot muster.

For my family, my mother is/was the pusher of that ideology. My dad and I are the ones less fond of that.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:54 pm
Agreed. Gaia claimed to be changing. But they're still just the bottom line above all else. too many ******** items. And abandoning story, character, comunity  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:07 pm
For me, the biggest offenders are gold grants (which tanked the entire gold economy), random item generators (so you never know for certain what you will get), and of course the constant stream of items that cost real-money to obtain. Participation gets you nothing, you can't depend on items, and the only way to truly get rich is to dump your paycheck into the site.

You aren't alone, old friend. My mood naturally fluctuates, but my patience for this place is dwindling.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:50 pm
Why Esports are sports . . . and ESPN is wrong.

Yeah yeah, but i didn't have much else to say today.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:25 pm
Alexander Magnus
For me, the biggest offenders are gold grants (which tanked the entire gold economy), random item generators (so you never know for certain what you will get), and of course the constant stream of items that cost real-money to obtain. Participation gets you nothing, you can't depend on items, and the only way to truly get rich is to dump your paycheck into the site.

You aren't alone, old friend. My mood naturally fluctuates, but my patience for this place is dwindling.

Lucien Cooper
add me on facebook, both of you. you're some of my oldest friends.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4145 4146 4147 4148 4149 4150 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games