Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4149 4150 4151 4152 4153 4154 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:06 pm
Dexter's Lab was great! Loved that show . . . not so much for Bravo, but to each their own.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:56 pm
I definitely understand with Bravo, as he could be very off-putting.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:14 am
Johnny Bravo.... I don't think you were meant to like the character much. You can see Seth Macfarlane's involvement as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:49 pm
*shrugs* I get why he is funny to some . . . but I never was a fan of "stupid" humor. Slapstick, people doing things because they are idiots, etc.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:11 pm
It's definitely not for everyone. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:41 pm
I feel like I am a bad nerd for not liking Tolkein.
I feel snobbish because I don't get into a lot of anime.
I feel elitist because I don't laugh at Monty Python or Three Stooges . . . or Johnny Bravo. I laugh more at the voice actor for Johnny being the Dad from Dexter's Lab or Prowl from Transformers Animated, or the announcer from Avatar: Legend of Korra.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:07 pm
Nothing wrong with not having tastes that don't fall into the mainstream of the niche you ascribe to.

Me, for instance:
I didn't find Monty Python very funny either.
I despise modern television (Dr. Who / BBC, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, etc...).
I dislike most of the most popular anime. This isn't just me disliking due to popularity; it's more that those shows are rarely the best ones.
I am legitimately religious (aka: not farce like pastafarianism), which in nerdy/geeky circles is extremely rare.
I hold political & philosophical views (and not just directly related to my religion) that are unpopular both in religious and secular circles.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:08 pm
*smirks* Damn, and I thought I was difficult to get to like something! Seriously though, I dislike Monty Python I think because of my father. He made me watch a lot of that as a kid, and as such, all the jokes just seem old and tired. Dry British humor just doesn't do much for me. As for TV, much of it is not my bag, though I do like me some Dr. Who. That, and a few choice animated bits. The Green Lantern Animated show was beyond glorious and it's cancellation was a travesty. As for the rest, I am a political centrist (both sides have good ideas and are full of s**t), and my religion is my choice. I may not come down on others, but I do stand up for what I believe is right.

Mostly it equates to "You are not the one that started that tradition" and "don't be an a**-hat."  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:01 pm
Yeah, i'm pretty introverted for good reason. i rarely have much in common with the average joe.

there is plenty of good entertainment; i suppose i'm choosy.

@politics: I can definitely understand being centrist; both sides have significant problems beyond ideologies.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:06 pm
No worse than me. I tend to find something I like and rarely branch away from it. Choosy just means "I know this will be what I enjoy."

Of course, then somebody you trust comes up and says something like "Try Kill La Kill, it's good." Dammit, now I have a new show to enjoy. wink

I think politics is fubar (f****d up beyond all recognition). It comes from a place of corporate ownership that cannot hide anymore. Trillions of dollars wasted in loopholes written for rich men by the stooges of rich men. Tax evasion, simply refusing to pay, corporate profits through the roof, etc. Old white men have made sure that the only way to succeed in America today is to start the game with a few million in the bank, and typically be on the path to become one of them- an old white man. If you are not old, they don't relate. As they are old, they don't tend to be diverse, so Caucasian only. Don't get me started on anything close to equality between genders. This is the mindset behind what has occurred with policy.

As for the political landscape, it has become a pitiful war of "my way is the only way." Instead of getting drunk together and finding a middle ground once they are too plastered to argue any more, they just hide in their offices and say "if you don't play my way, I'm taking my votes and going home." This is the world that has brought us. Both sides have some valid points. Both sides are home to some of the most low-functioning individuals I have ever seen short of those with diagnosable mental issues . . . and those kids work better in groups that the politicians ever have.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Saucy Goblin

Greedy Punk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:05 am
-keeps drawing pathfinder characters and texting them to magni-

<3  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:04 pm
Magni Prime
I feel like I am a bad nerd for not liking Tolkein.

*Skreemer mounts the dais, unrolls a giant sacred looking scroll and clears his throat*
Ahem. ******** Tolkien sideways with a trenching tool. Him and his dull, narrow imperialistic, nursery room ideas of good and evil and his use of a story purely for his tedious language experiments.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:57 pm
Chaos is awesome, and his art is a reflection of his awesomeness. heart heart heart

*wide-eyed at Skreemer* Dayum, son. I just found him hard to get into. You went full militant on his a**!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:25 am
I feel outright insulted that he has become the dominant name in fantasy again. Especially given how childlike his writing is.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:54 pm
@Magni: I moved Gurren Lagann, but I didn't care for Kill La Kill. That said, Ragyo (minus some squick) was a great villain with a great theme song.

@Skreemer: To each his own. xp

@Chaos: Ah, fellow PF player, eh?  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4149 4150 4151 4152 4153 4154 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games