Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4160 4161 4162 4163 4164 4165 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:07 pm
Yes, well, I am taking the car in for repairs tomorrow. I have that off. I also have Thursday off, and only am slated to work 3 hours on Wednesday. Methinks that wednesday will be a day for playing hooky. 3-day weekend sounds nice.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:02 pm
Long weekends are so nice.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:15 pm
Apparently I was tired. Slept 12.5 hours lastnight. eek

Gots me a job interview tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:13 pm
Wow, yeah; I'm sure you needed it.

Awesome, how did it go?  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:10 pm
Apparently I did. Still, not sure I like sleeping for 12.5 hours.

Interview went well, I think. Still have a few hoops to jump through, some clearances to apply for and such. Hopefully that will go well.

On an unrelated note- I have an RP problem. I just wrote a 2257 word post in my role play, and have gotten at least one "oh, God" from fellow players. I tried to make it better by saying they could skip the first five paragraphs . . . and that made it sound worse.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:25 pm
Yeah, that is a tad excessive. Perhaps you were fighting off a cold you didn't realize?

Great! I assume it is a psych-related job (or at least a job better than your current one)?

That is pretty long. Certainly not insurmountable, though. I assume they're literate RPers, so they should be able to handle a long post every once in a while.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:39 pm
It is indeed a psych job, one requiring my level of education. I am not counting my blessings before they occur, but there is hope.

Yeah, they can handle it- but it was a book. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:13 am
Fantastic to hear! I hope all goes well so you can be at ease financially.

Maybe some of that detail can be broken up across multiple posts in the future?  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:53 pm
Meh, it was so long because I was responding in detail to everybody and the thread is rather populated at the moment. It's a captain's meeting in the bleach guild.

Again, I am not trying to count my blessings too early . . . but if hired, it might be a hell of a boon.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:38 pm
Aye, it was rather pleasant Yoder. To be honest my only real criticisms were the seats on public transport in LA are horrible, European style social healthcare is desperately needed and people should really be held to a higher standard for driving.
I could easily have blown a few hundred dollars on kits. Or just a single kit. But that's something I'll have to work towards. Plus I'll need to brush up on my electronics skills before I tackle something like the perfect grade kits.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:31 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKav0SxjTU0

I'm just going to leave this here about how America has gone downhill.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:36 pm
Ah, I see. kind of like my posts after having been away for a week used to be. At the very least they could scan for the passages responding to their specific characters, which should be a fraction of the full length.

Of course, though it's trite, this saying has real merit: hope for the best; plan for the worst.

~

Driving in big US cities is atrocious, though I'll say that I've heard horror stories about the traffic from everywhere except Europe.

I respectfuly disagree as to the solution of the healthcare problem, but I very much agree that there is a huge problem.

Those Perfect/Master grades are insane, but a completed one is a real achievement. I remember back when Toonami had commercials for them with kids saying how many hours they had put into building a given Gundam model.

~

Amen to that. He really cut through all the crap on that. USA was the greatest but is now just one of many greats (though I'll strongly argue claims of nearly any other country being greatest), and we are slipping even further. The hope in his statement is a crucial element, as it doesn't have to be this way.

So, I'm confused. That video was definitely scripted, and, from what I can gather, that actor is on a show called Newsroom, as referenced in the video. Was this clip also from Newsroom? I'm half-convinced top watch whatever show this came from.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:02 pm

I believe it is indeed from newsroom, and is a bit of an older clip. Still, the truth and biting commentary on American Exceptionalism is just as valid. I feel that we are as a society not unlike Rome. At one point, we were on a steady growth. Coming back from the Great Depression, America was on a fast-track to becoming unstoppable and great. And we did it. We had become the largest and most unstoppable force on the planet, a global paladin fighting for what was right and none could withstand us. Then came the fall. We peaked, and then became introverted enough to stop being kind. Greed took our government. Apathy and complacency took our populace. Now we are a used car salesman of ethics. We can get by in most cases on the laurels of what once was. Unfortunately, we need help in getting back to where we were . . . or we will collapse upon ourselves.

Our leaders were bought and paid for decades ago by the people that run the oligarchy now. Profitmongering has led to one of the most staggeringly disparate economies in history. If you do not have the blessing to be born in the upper 2% of our populace, the deck is beyond stacked against you- they hold all the cards. Innovation has stalled to a near crawl, our stance in the world community is suffering, our military is a bloated joke as a group (though I will not dare to insult a single individual soldier, I attack the group, not the individuals), our infrastructure is literally collapsing under us, the middle class is almost extinct, and class/race warfare dominates the media to the point where a vast majority of Americans turn to comedians for the best source of factual news.

America was great once. This? This is a far more cynical and indecorous age. A time where we look to the titans of the past for inspiration, and the future is a bleak place nobody wants a part of.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:07 am
Merry Christmas!

~

I agree with pretty much everything you said.

I find it very telling that every great civilization always collapses in on itself. While there may be external factors, they alone would not have done it; it was always decay from the inside.

I'm glad you brought up lack of innovation. I'm so tired of people loudly declaring that we're making more advancements now than at any time in history. It strikes me as very myopic to seriously believe that America or even humanity as a whole is seriously improving over time. Entropy and depravity seem to be ignored for fear of acknowledging them. X will not the problem, as the source runs far deeper. *sigh* Sorry, that was pretty despondent.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:27 pm
                  ^_^

Merry Christmas, gentlemen.

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4160 4161 4162 4163 4164 4165 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games