Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4165 4166 4167 4168 4169 4170 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:07 pm
I definitely agree that KS is showing the life old genres still have. While it has been very successful for CRPGs (Wasteland 2, ShadowRun Returns, Torment: Tides of Numenara, Divinity: Original Sin), I don't know of a JRPG project that has fulfilled its promises yet (they are slated to come out this or next year).  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:17 pm
at this point, I am more concerned with the perpetual delays in Mighty No. 9. That is a game I would love to see for my console, but the development keeps getting snagged.  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:47 pm
The internet is livid about the delays. I hope for Inafune's sake that the game is worth the wait, else nobody will trust him again.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:29 pm
Agreed, but what most refuse to understand is that this is the nature of game development. delays are common, which is why games get to take so long if they are of any quality. Honestly, I am willing to wait for a better and more polished product. At the moment, I have no game. A delay only means I will continue to have no game. Nothing has been lost. then again, as is one of my favorite quotes:

"I know something (they) don't, something that only comes with age. I know how to wait."  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:14 pm
True, opening funding to the general populace wasn't a good idea, as the pre-order store mentality has really skewed expectations (probably more to do w/ the entitlement of the current generations than anything else).

Where's that quote from? It's proving difficult to Google.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:02 pm
Preorder/DLC culture is hideous all around. Companies for fostering and cultivating it, and people for allowing it to happen and growing to accept it.

As for the quote, it is from Gargoyles. The leader of the good guys "Goliath" was wounded as they tried to save the human officer Elisa- who was hit with a poison dart. The evil female "Demona" had the only antidote. With Goliath hurt, they needed to wait for sunrise for the sun to heal him. In that show, Gargoyles were flesh by night, but stone by day. A concrete nap, and Goliath would be fine. He was accompanied by his mentor Hudson, who was no match for Demona. Towards the end, she was beating him in a melee toussle, and said she was smarter, faster, and stronger than the old one. He agreed with that line. At the end, they turned to stone with the sunrise. Hudson had stalled long enough to let the day heal Goliath- who was more than a physical match for Demona.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:59 pm
And before the digital age, both pre-ordering and expansion packs were decent things; it's a shame they've become dirty words.
I do applaud Amazon's new initiative whereby prime members get 20% off any game they pre-order, making pre-ordering feel more worthwhile.

I really need to watch Gargoyles one of these days.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:35 pm
Gargoyles is definitely worth it. It has excellent character development, intertwining plot lines, virtually all of the Star Trek Next Generation cast make appearances (Riker is the main villain, Troi is the main villainess, etc), and is a wonderful program.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:04 pm
Good VAs definitely help, as cartoons often have cringe-worthy performances.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:59 pm
Such is a big part of why I love the Legacy of Kain so much. The Voice Talent is beyond wonderful.

Really wanna RP, but my pseudo-group is stalled out and has been for some time. Magni wanna play.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:16 pm
Oh, yes, LoK is wonderful, and I'm glad it's retrospectively getting the praise it deserves. Sadly, some things are only fully appreciated after the fact.

Sorry about that lack of RP. I'd invite you to my RPs, but we use tabletop mechanics, so jumping in is not simple.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:04 pm
Its fine, old friend. I'm just going to have to put out some feelers and see what comes up.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:01 pm
The 1x1 w/ the new member seems promising for you.

If you ever do want to jump into the games we run (for which we can scale back mechanics as much as needed, just in a new RP, not an existing one), do elt me know, and i'll talk w/ my DM.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:41 pm
We shall see. I'm not holding my breath. As for your game, I would not want to intrude. Thank you for the offer, though.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

JoshuaYChung

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:53 pm
Hello everyone! My name is Joshua Chung! Everything you'd like to know about me can be found in my profile! If there is anything you'd like to know more about me after reading said profile feel free to message me! I'm usually not a busy person -- in fact I'll leave my account online while doing my homework.

From questions to RP requests I'll answer them anytime!  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4165 4166 4167 4168 4169 4170 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games