Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 415 416 417 418 419 420 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

UmbraGallus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:53 pm
Yeah that is true. But wouldn't it still be a "maybe"? Maybe it'll come back, maybe it won't.

Weird question but: What's a paradox?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:26 pm
Well, obviously nothing will ever completely die out. But still, let's say there's gonna be some companies that'll make horror games the way they should be, that doesn't mean they'd do it well.

Evil Dead: Hail to the King is virtually a Resident Evil knock off, but the way it was pulled off was god awful, the controls were clunky, the enemies were annoying if nothing else... So just because it doesn't die out, doesn't mean that we're gonna see any GOOD games in the classic Survival Horror genre.
With Capcom and Konami, they're big companies, so you knew that if nothing else, the survival horror game you were to play would at least play nicely and have good puzzles and smooth controls. Now that both of them stepped down, who knows what we'll get.

EDIT: Here's a little comic which describes pretty well how I feel IF it were to happen:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:29 pm
Well, I just got back from Dark Knight.

I'm... speechless. It wasn't the Christian Bale show at all. Everyone gave a stunning performance (I would have changed only one thing in the beginning, but ah well), especially Ledger... I was completely blown away by him.

So much, that that's what I'm doing for halloween. I'm heading to the salvation army tomorrow to see if I can get a suit and then dye it purple and find a green vest... biggrin

There will be pics, when the time is right.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:57 pm
I'm still totally not compelled to see it. I think there's still a theatre in town which is still screening The Incredible Hulk, so I'll go see that.

This summer's really been filled with Superhero movies, huh? Hancock was awesome.

Oh crap... Halloween is fast approaching, huh? Where am I gonna find a fake chainsaw to put on my hand?  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:59 pm
NotteRequiem

I'm... speechless. It wasn't the Christian Bale show at all. Everyone gave a stunning performance (I would have changed only one thing in the beginning, but ah well), especially Ledger... I was completely blown away by him.

So much, that that's what I'm doing for halloween. I'm heading to the salvation army tomorrow to see if I can get a suit and then dye it purple and find a green vest... biggrin

I saw it yesterday in glorious IMAX. biggrin I really enjoyed it, but I was a little disappointed that the Joker didn't get as much screen time as I thought he would. Ledger's portrayal of the Joker was very good, but I don't think it's Oscar-worthy like people are hyping it up to be... confused

By the way, would you like me to show you a magic trick? It's very simple actually...

(Sorry, couldn't help it. razz )

I hope there's a nurse Joker in the avi arena next week.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:28 pm
Well, you know how it is. A man dies, and suddenly he deserves all the awards on earth.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:44 pm
AngelaAshford
NotteRequiem

I saw it yesterday in glorious IMAX. biggrin I really enjoyed it, but I was a little disappointed that the Joker didn't get as much screen time as I thought he would. Ledger's portrayal of the Joker was very good, but I don't think it's Oscar-worthy like people are hyping it up to be... confused

By the way, would you like me to show you a magic trick? It's very simple actually...

(Sorry, couldn't help it. razz )

I hope there's a nurse Joker in the avi arena next week.

"I'm going to make this pencil disappear!"

I saw it in IMAX this morning.

It's too bad you can't see the potential for an Oscar from an actress' point of view, in order to do some of the things he did (in a psychological sense) takes a lot, and I thought what he did was brilliant. I love this movie, and I am in dire need of seeing it again. SOON.

Man... Nurse Joker would be so amazing.

Bio, just what is your problem with Ledger? You're really starting to eat away at my patience. We get it that you don't like Dark Knight, but some of us do. Respect others' opinions as you'd like your own to be respected, please.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:14 pm
I have no problem with Ledger. Relax. Geez, why am I under attack? If I can't state my own opinion, then my opinion isn't really being respected is it? If you don't wanna hear about how Dark Knight is overrated, then why should I have to listen to how awesome it is from everyone? If you wanna stay on the topic of Dark Knight, then I'll state my opinion like you're stating yours. And if you don't want me to say anything bad about it, then stop talking about how good it is, and let's move onto another topic.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:55 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, you know how it is. A man dies, and suddenly he deserves all the awards on earth.

This bothered me, Bio. I'm not saying because he's dead that he deserves all the awards on the planet. And it doesn't work like that either.

Well, you're under attack because I feel you're attacking me, lol. There's a difference in saying your opinion that you think it's overrated, and then there's a statement like the above quote. I suppose it just rubbed me the wrong way, so I'm sorry for jumping down your throat (in typical G-mutant style).

In any case, there was a trailer for Watchmen... and it looks absolutely delicious. I'll definitely be seeing it in IMAX, for shuuuuuure.

Speaking of all this DC makes me want to collect comic books again.. My Dad's ex-girlfriend sold my collection and my knife collection when I moved out of that house.. scream  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:19 am
Bio, just go see the Dark Knight. You'll see why people are saying that Ledger has a legitimate chance at getting an award.

By the way, how is The Dark Knight overrated?  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:36 am
Overrated might be the wrong word. Overhyped is more appropriate. And that's exactly why I'm NOT gonna see it now. It's Kill Bill all over again.

I'm sure that it's a good movie and I'll see it sometime after it comes out on Blu-Ray, AFTER the hype dies down. There's just too much fangirlishness going on, and I don't mean Notte, I mean everyone.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:40 am
Well, it's too bad you let something like hype ruin two fantastic movies. With any luck you'll enjoy it when you see it. Although seeing movies in IMAX is probably one of the best things ever, no matter what movie it is. I'll be seeing the next Harry Potter movie as well as the Watchmen movie in IMAX, for shuuure.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:45 am
We saw it opening day and we're gonna see it again in IMAX after it isn't sold out. Which isn't for a week and a half at least... sweatdrop I'll be seeing The Half-Blood Prince in IMAX as well. And Bio. What difference does it make when you see it? Just because there's fangirlishness abound, how does that affect your viewing experience? Why not see it now while it's in IMAX, which is *gasp* better than Blu-Ray?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:02 am
Notte, Kill Bill isn't fantastic. It wasn't bad, but calling it 'fantastic' is like calling Mortal Kombat fantastic. I love Mortal Kombat, but I wouldn't say it's 'Fantastic'.

IMAX is not too far from Blu-Ray, and Blu-Ray is still the best HOME experience. Which is what I'll watch it on at my friend's about a month after it comes out on Blu-Ray. The reason why I don't want to watch it around the time all the fangirls (including you, Canas) do, is because then I'd be just like the rest of them. I don't wanna be the guy who comes back to the grill and says, "OMG, you GAIZ! Teh Dark Knight is teh best! I'll go watch it again!"  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:03 am
You can't be modest because...? And nobody said it was the best. We just said it's really, really good.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 415 416 417 418 419 420 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games