Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4172 4173 4174 4175 4176 4177 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:30 pm
been a very long few days.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:35 pm
I concur. [sleepy/tired emote]  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:37 pm
Between sick kitty, broken down car, and other expenses, I've lost something like two grand in the past week. I won't get a day off to recuperate until at least Wednesday. Been on the go since Friday.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:04 pm
Terrible when things come in clusters. With any luck they'll be done for a while.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:25 pm
yeah, I can only hope that it is done for a while. We can't put much more on our credit card. It is far too high as it is.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:28 pm
I would help had I the funds, but my earnings vanish in supporting my parents. It's only due to my dad's stock market mastery that we manage, as my salary actually isn't enough on its own (due to upside-down refinanced mortgage...).

*collapses* this 60 hour work schedule thing is going to extend past June most likely. This had better end up being worth it...  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:32 am
I wouldn't dream of taking your funds, good sir. You have your own life to lead, and as an adult, I need to deal with my own crises. Still, I am saddened to hear that your funds disappear so quickly...

I don't even have enough to invest, but thankfully we are still up to date on our mortgage. That is one of the very first bills we make sure to pay every month. My wife is rather good at budgeting, and seems to find several hundred dollars a month to send in the credit card's direction. We will get it down in time. Just a bit of sticker shock.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:39 am
Apologies for the absence. I've just had less and less reasons to be on here lately. Not to mention personal stresses and fear for the future of my country.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:52 pm
More than anything else, my friend, this is a place of recreation. A place to see old friends and to play games. By no means are you required to be here, and should not feel obligated to do so. No worries on my end, good sir. Then again, I see you on Facebook, so i know you are still around.

I thought you were British, sir. Are you not? I am unaware of any serious issues facing Britain, then again America is neck deep in the muck so it is hard to see beyond that at the moment. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:13 pm
It's trite, but every penny counts, and good budgeting displays that every time.

BrExit, Britain's potential leaving the EU, is quite the topic. There are other issues as well, but that's the only one I can even mention w/o appearing biased.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:10 pm
While I hate to sound so self-centered, I tend to worry about my own backyard. On an international scale, I believe that America needs to take about five steps back and fix our own problems before "freeing" anywhere else and sending billions to aid other countries. We are falling apart from the inside out, and most countries that I am aware of vilify us anyway.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:31 pm
You've definitely got a point, as America has issues, especially recent ones, to contend with.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:59 pm
And the current presidential race only highlights the significant issues in our system. Not to mention how a tragedy has been equally polarizing and sparked the same old debates that have flared up at least 16 times in the last 7 years.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:32 pm
It also seems there is a growing dissonance between the media/popular/internet and everybody else when it comes to certain issues that should be obvious.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:00 pm
I like to think of it as a simple division of information. Media has categorically been used to help control public opinion by directing information and spinning things to favor the people that control said networks. For instance, Fox news is infamous for it's extreme right reporting, whereas things like the Daily Show grew so leftist that I could not abide it any longer. By contrast, the internet is something like a crucible. Everybody can say their peace, but the largest number of people can actually begin to collate their information into a new consensus based on the people as a whole. I won't say it is factual, but I will say that the internet is proving the best place to see jsut where public opinion lies. Given the plethora of information on the net as well, it becomes interesting to see what information is dug up on a popular subject. True, the fact checkers need to go into overdrive, but I trust my net sources a bit more than those that want to act as an unsanctioned arm of the media hype machine.

Case in point, Bernie Sanders. The media has downplayed his chances every step of the way, and yet he has continued to make it a far closer race on paper than any pundit wants to admit to. Online, he is a darling and beloved for his stances and willingness to fight for change against our current system that is on (what I believe is) the brink of collapse.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4172 4173 4174 4175 4176 4177 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games