Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4175 4176 4177 4178 4179 4180 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:03 pm
There's the rub. If you do what you love for work, you run the risk of it no longer being something you can love. You just keep plugging away, and coding will not be fun. Again, I am worried about you, Snowman.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:58 pm
Thankfully I still have anime & gaming. While I wasn't in a gaming mood for the past few years w/ a few exceptions, I've recently gotten back in thanks to Tokyo Mirage Sessions on Wii U & Skyrim on a PC that can actually run it.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:24 pm
as my financial situation has soured recently, games have not been high on my list of priorities. Still, I turned in about 2/3 of my PS3 games to Gamestop, and managed to get a handful of PS4 games. I have to admit, Doom on PS4 is a great deal of fun. Somewhat mindless, and admittedly a guide was needed to find all the powerups and secrets, but still a great deal of fun. Sometimes, that is what you need . . . something that doesn't require thought beyond "How badly do I want this demon to explode?"  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:53 pm
While it's not my type of game, I have immense respect for Doom's legacy on gaming. I saw some Let's Play of Doom 4, and it looked great.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:49 pm
In this case, the game is beautiful (for what it is meant to be), has great sound, and controls smoothly. Not once did I have fault with any of it. The only time I had problems was when I wasn't good enough to get past the difficulty curve. That said, I play it for fun, not for bragging rights.

who would I even brag to? Magni has no PSN friends, and doesn't play online.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:52 pm
                  Wasn't expecting to see an announcement from you guys! You should use that feature more often.

welian

Crew

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:34 pm
With activity so very low, there is precious little to announce, Wellie.

You can take it with a grain of salt- I'm giving up on that character. Not the guild, but the captaincy of that squad is just too much for me to deal with for now.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:28 pm
I'm very impressed by how well Doom's systems interact w/ how Weapon A yields drops that replenish a resource for Weapon B. Plenty of games have tried it, but it seemed very natural/polished in Doom.

I used to play games for fun, but lately I've only found desire to play puzzle games & RPG since they they please my intellectual side.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:18 pm
In the game, it wasn't as if each weapon had an unique form of ammo. Several weapons used the same type (bullets, shells, etc). The only one that was notorious and stupid for being a good way to get ammo was the chainsaw. You had to have enough fuel to take down your target, but doing so with the brutal chainsaw yielded a ton of ammo for just about everything. It was also a one-hit-kill. Needless to say, fuel for the saw was rare.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:09 pm
That's what I was referring to, the trifectra of gun -> takedown yields health -> chainsaw yields ammo for gun. Of course, then there' the fisticuffs fury mode, but I only saw that once in the portion of the let's play i watched.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:57 pm
The berserk powerup only lasts a few moments, though you can use powerups to make those things last a bit longer. In that, you are not invincible, but every attack is a one-hit-kill. The catch is they are all using your fists for melee range. That is where the game truly shines in being brutal.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:34 pm
Ah, so even it is a tradeoff.

*reclines* Long week, and I started out tired by cutting down trees last weekend, which was very strenuous despite there being 7 guys & a bucket truck.
How was your week?  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:34 pm
Very poor, I fear. It began with the knowledge that our district manager was ridiculing me for my reluctance for change, weight, and general performance (despite being one of the best workers there), and being given not even a chance at several places that were hiring. One wouldn't even acknowledge that openings were available despite open advertisements that are still pending. I feel that staying in my current job is validating that they can treat me like a running joke, but I have no choice given that I can't not work- I must support my family.

All this for less than minimum wage.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:24 am
That's really terrible, especially since it sounds like potential promotions are being dismissed. While I won't deny that being overweight is unhealthy and a result of one's own choices in the vast majority of instances, if it does not affect one's job performance, it shouldn't matter to said job at all. *sigh* People...  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:37 pm
I'm furious about it. What makes it so much worse is that I can't seem to get a chance anywhere else. Nobody wants to give me a chance to get a job doing anything else- or even the same thing for a different company. So, yeah, I'm not doing so good right now.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4175 4176 4177 4178 4179 4180 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games