Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 416 417 418 419 420 421 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:06 am
Even if it's really, really good, nothing deserves THIS much hype. Not Harry Potter, not Titanic, not I Am Legend, and not Batman. I can't stand overhype, and I'm not gonna give into it. Hype makes me sick.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:09 am
You're still gonna watch it anyway, so it's still giving into the hype no matter when you see it. Even when the hype dies down, you're still watching the movie that everyone went crazy over.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:13 am
You can't give into the hype when there is no hype. Like, there was lots of hype about Halo 3. There's no hype about it now. So if I were to play Halo 3 now, it wouldn't be BECAUSE of the hype.

And at least if I report back like, "I finally saw it. It was a good movie." I'm not gonna have people respond by saying, "OMG Yes it was an AWESOME movie! You should go see it again in IMAX! I know I will!"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:25 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Notte, Kill Bill isn't fantastic. It wasn't bad, but calling it 'fantastic' is like calling Mortal Kombat fantastic. I love Mortal Kombat, but I wouldn't say it's 'Fantastic'.

Exactly. -you- wouldn't say it was fantastic, but *I* do.

Quite frankly I'm done justifying my opinions.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:50 am
Well, if you think it's fantastic and I don't, then what makes you think I'll like Dark Knight as much as you guys did.

And that's the thing, I just know that if I go see it now, while you guys are drooling over it, I won't like it half as much as you say. That's another thing about hype. Eventually, when it DOES die down, most of the people who were all fangirls over it, go, "Yeah, it's a great movie." no more, no less. Hype can make something seem so much better than it actually is. Why do you think I actually though RE4 was GOOD when I first played it?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:17 pm
Well, on the other side of this conversation, I'm pissed at the movie. Don't get me wrong, I loved it to death, think it's going to win movie of the year and Heath Ledger will definitely get a nomination, but my character got jipped. Harvey Dent/Two-Face got robbed of all that he could've been set up for. But unfortunately, I agree with what happened to him in the long-term view of things, for sanctity of the movie and it's what should've happened to make the point of the Dark Knight. It's just really sad to me though because I love Two-Face, and I love Aaron Eckhart's portrayal of him... crying  

Tyr525

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:35 pm
I love Two-Face too... Even though the movie was very long, I wanted more Two-Face time.

I wonder what villains they'll choose for the next one, if they make one...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:51 pm
Catwoman and The Penguin! biggrin  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:56 pm
Well, they've already shown they aren't going in 'order'. So it could really be anyone... I'd love to see a Poison Ivy... heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:03 pm
Mr. Freeze and Bane the way he should be would be cool too.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:43 pm
It's Mr. Freeze, Canas.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:48 pm
I'm so sorry, it won't happen again! Promise! Just don't hit me again! crying  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:00 pm
Well, I'd get Notte to hit you, but you'd enjoy that too much.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:20 am
Yea, i saw The Dark Knight yesterday morning too. I really liked it and Heath Ledger was perfect as the Joker. He honestly was better than Jack Nicolson, in my opinion. And that's saying something cuz I always thought Nicolson was a great Joker. "You wanna know how I got these scars?" xd And yes, the "magic trick" cracked me up. Aaron Eckhart was awesome as Two-Face. Two-Face looked awesome too....i could not stop looking at that eye, though. Lol.
I would love to see Catwoman in the next one if they decide to make one, though it would be hard to top Michelle Pfeifer in my opinion. Here's a topic for discussion: What villian should be in the next one (if they should make one) and who should play them? biggrin

Vankala

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:35 am
I say we just drop the whole Batman thing so the guild hype will die down for Bio before he pukes.

But I still say any of the four above that I stated. Catwoman, The Penguin, Bane, or MR. Freeze. And Poison Ivy would be cool too.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 416 417 418 419 420 421 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games