Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4179 4180 4181 4182 4183 4184 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:34 pm
Yeah, don't blame you there.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:09 pm
Yeah, so we had a 'chat.' I was doing dishes while he did prep, and he asked to have a conversation like adults. His leading question was to ask if I really wanted to be there. was honest, and told him "no, but until I have another job or better option, I'll continue to do the best I can." it seemed to sate him, and he begrudgingly admitted that though I opposed many changes he has put into place, he had never had a problem with me. I do my job.

Still, it was awkward to have him go on and on about how the store isn't closing, and about how he is trying to turn it around. At most, I pointed out that my opinions have not been listened to, so I stopped giving them. He didn't have a response for that.  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:40 pm
Still, at least the ice was broken, as it were. confused  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:17 pm
Perhaps. I count that as a small victory for myself. He had to swallow some pride and talk to me while I got to remain honest and hold to my principles. No rules had been broken, and honesty was dished out. Not rude, not attacking, but honesty.

not much of a victory, but I'll take what I can get.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:31 pm
Hopefully things will be steady for a while for you.

The reveal of Nintendo's NX/Switch was interesting, to say the least. I feel pretty mixed about it. neutral  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:25 am
BDSM references aside, the Switch is what Nintendo has always pushed- innovation. It strikes me as the fusion of their uncontested dominance in the mobile game market combined with the ideas of the Wii U. The main problem of the latter was it was not seen as a new console, and the functions of it were not immediately apparent to the consumers. This seems to overcome that with the commercial, and looks interesting enough to keep an eye on. It certainly seems a highly versatile system, to say the least.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:32 am
Jim Sterling made that reference, too, and I don't think I want to know.

I do hope it does well and agree that it is going a good direction. I guess since I'm not a handheld/portable/mobile gamer and no longer have friends interested in multiplayer, the bulk of the features don't excite me.

They have a fantastic lineup of 3rd party partners, so the catalog will have to sell it for me (I own a Wii U, so the new Zelda is not a reason to buy the Switch). 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:46 pm
Don't worry, it's tame. A 'Switch' is somebody that can go back and forth from a dominant to a submissive role whenever it suits them.

I haven't done handheld/portable gaming in years, but my DS is still fully functional. I'm actually interested in the SupaBoyS, a kickstarter idea to make a portable game system that plays the old super nintendo game cartridges. Get me my hands on some Megaman X/X2/X3 and Super Mario RPG, and I'm a happy man.

As for the games, we shall see what develops.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:37 pm
I used to love handheld gaming, but tiny screens really give me eye strain as an adult. Of course, that might be less of an issue if my job & leisure activities didn't all involve screens.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:48 pm
Entirely possible. I loved my DS once upon a time as well, but just outgrew it. Not saying it was ever (or even now) bad, just meh.

Screens are okay, but they can't be the only thing you look at all the time.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:24 pm
College & adult life have also left me with little time to game, and I don't have the same passion for it I once did, so the inconveniences found in portables only exacerbate.

Yeah, I should really work on that. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:42 pm
We work hard to have disposable income to do as we wish . . . but the hard work eats up all the time to actually use it. Classic conundrum. Handheld/portable gaming is in a crisis, I believe. With the rise of games on mobile phones and tablets, having a dedicated console for portable games is becoming less and less viable. Yes, the 3DS and family of devices can do far better for specific gaming and have unique licenses, but they are no longer unique. Everybody has a phone. The ubiquitous devices make a dedicated DS moot.

Yes, you should. I would rather you not be ill or wear your eyes out, old friend.

Yes, I recognize that I sound like an old mother hen to you lately- but you are one of my oldest friends. Taking care of you is a part of your worth to me.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:35 pm
No need to worry about nagging; I appreciate the care. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:26 pm
Hey, we've been friends for at least 12.5 years. Statistically speaking, friendships that last longer than 7 years are life-long. That, combined with my nuturing nature and the fact that you aren't taking care of yourself . . . and yeah. I'm going to nag. *rubs the back of his head with a goofy smile*

With or without the perverted title, I am the old man here.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:06 pm
Happy Halloween~!

Here, maybe late for some of you, but yeeah! heart 4laugh  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4179 4180 4181 4182 4183 4184 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games