Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
Kabina ~Winged Fighters~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kikuka

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:01 pm
[[Two years gone, strange to be back here...]]

The area surrounding the gate was quiet and peaceful, the silver bars emitting a humming that vibrated softly through the misty air. On the city side of the gate, on a seat just off to the side, someone sat, enveloped in the fog rising up from the cloud. Two large feathered wings perched on the figure's shoulder blades, glowing with a soft tinge of gold laced among the ivory feathers.
The figure was slender and curvy in a cute, girlish fashion. Her legs were clothed in royal blue breeches; her top was a loose fitting, off the shoulder blouse of light periwinkle. Over it all was a thigh length tunic in ivory. It tied on her waist with a silver and gold cord, tassels hanging off the ends. Her face was hidden by a paper held in front of her. Over the top of the paper was a newspaper boy style cap, matching in color to her breeches.
Upon hearing the echoed, questioning call, she lowered the paper and looked around the gate with bright hazel eyes. Her face was a slender round, her cheeks rosy, with bright hazel eyes that were more green than brown. Framing her eyes were wispy bangs in light purple, blowing around her face with the slight breeze.
Upon seeing the new youth, she rose from her seat and folder her paper, setting it down on the stool. She trotted over to the center of the silver gate. It appeared her hair was short, all tucked up under the cap perched slightly to the side on her head.
"Oh... Hello. Can I help you?" Her voice was smooth and musical, carrying across the space easily. Her eyes were bright and curious. She hadn't seen visitors here for such a long time. Her eyes dropped to the lock as she searched around in her pocket for the little silver key that would unlock the massive gates.
Finding the key she fiddled with the lock until a slow creak was hear and the gate swung out towards the boy. "I'm assuming you're here for the clan?" She smiled a sweet, sad smile. The wings on her back twitched, stirring the foggy cloud like dust. The ends of the ivory wings trailed down, lost in the mist of the cloud, similar to how her calves disappeared.
"Come on in. I'm sure I can help you out somehow." She opened the gate a bit wider. "Quickly, please."

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:31 pm
Vayne was shocked to see the wings on the young girls back. He quickly recovered and waited patiently as she fumbled for the key. The rustle of her dress was the only sound in the quiet city. Looking at her closely he was surprised to see the blue dress and gold colored embodiments. Only ones of royal decent could wear those colors, usually.
He looked down to his own clothing, a beat up travelers cloak that had lost its green luster long ago. A small armband with an Emerald embedded in the middle of it. A small pack that was strapped to his waist and dangled. His only other garment was a green bards hat with a feather poking out.
When she opened the gate and stepped in the mist swirled around his waist.
"May time grant you peace." he said. This was his usual greeting to all and bowed to show his respect. "And yes mistress I am here to join the clan, as presumed."  

Rook500

Kikuka

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:38 pm
"I may certainly help you with that." The girl promised with a smile as she closed and locked the silver gates. She gestured widely to the city and castle that loomed ahead. "Welcome to my city and clan. Be assured, you will be welcomed with warm hearts." Her voice was musical, and carried through the air much more than a voice so soft should.
The young woman reached up and pulled the cap off her head, letting her long, light purple hair cascade down her back. The light breeze tousled her untrimmed bangs. She looked at the male kindly. He was certainly a traveler, dressed comfortably and suitably. She extended a hand to him with a warm smile. "Hullo, I'm Aki. You may have heard of me." As she said her name the gold laced through her wings gleamed slightly with a warm luster. Aki waited to see if he would recognize her name. If not, she would introduce herself more formally. Most often though, she liked to act like the other citizens of the clan, dressing less formally and acting less wound up.
"It's good to see a new face. Where do you hail from, originally? It seems that you've traveled a far way."

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:51 am
Vayne watched as she let her hair down. He was slightly surprised to see that her hair was purple. There was little doubt that she was a commoner now. When she spoke it seemed as if every word was sung. A soothing voice that invited trust. He instantly took a liking to the women.
As the women held out her hand he was now confused. No person of royal standing should ever shake hands he thought. But without missing a beat shook the woman's hand. When she spoke her name it sparked a memory in the back of his mind. It was there but out of his mind's reach. He shrugged the memory off and went on. "I come from a small country far away. I have traveled all around the world and yet this place is the first of it's kind I have laid my eyes on. It seems so...peaceful."  

Rook500

Kikuka

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:36 am
"Well, we do try to maintain that sort of aura." Aki said with a warm laugh as she shook the young man's hand. "The Kabina Clan tries to stay as a place of refuge for people, travelers and natives alike. It seems more people prefer the more... outgoing clans." She smiled a sad smile while fumbling to find a word that would kindly describe the other Byakian clans.
Aki turned on her heel and gestured for Vayne to follow her. Her purple hair floated behind her as she walked (or was it bounced?) through the cloudy mist towards the small city ahead.
"What is your name, traveler?" Aki asked, glancing over her shoulder to look at him. Her hazel green eyes were kind and wise. She smiled at him and stopped, turning to face him. Her wings flitted calmly on her back, stirring the clouded walkway. "I'm the Leader of this clan, it's sort of my job to know everyone who comes and goes." She laughed and smiled. "You may have heard me more formally referred to as Princess Aki Ko-Kou - though I hardly go by that anymore. To the people in my clan, I'm just Aki." The breeze gusted, and the feathers on her wings rustled silently, glowing a misty kind of gold.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:50 pm
"Ah" Vayne said as he looked at the city once more. So there are still places that seek peace. I think I may have finally found a home.
As they both walked the streets Vayne couldn't help but notice the wings on her back. They shone white but with gold lacing through them. If one looked too long the swaying of the wings and gold coloring could bring any into a dazed state.
When she turned around and introduced herself as Aki the clan leader Vayne was startled and and knelt down in reflex. "My name is Vayne. And I am honored to have met you...Aki" Aki's name came out slow and awkward. Vayne was unaccustomed to showing so little respect to people of high power."My lady please forgive me for not knowing. I had not expected that a clan leader would open the gate."  

Rook500

Jasae Bushae
Captain

2,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:07 pm
((downgraded from clan to kingdom :3 ))  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:10 pm
She was slightly started as he knelt. "Oh, no, that won't do. Please stand." Aki blushed, flustered. "It's a pleasure to meet you Vayne. But I don't warrant this type of greeting." She flapped her hands at him, trying to get him back to his feet. "It's just Aki, please, none of this Lady nonsense. People in Kabina are all equals. Despite being the leader I do as much work as the next person." She smiled awkwardly.
She placed her cap back on her head, tucking her long hair in a coil beneath it. It sat just slightly to the side, tilted in a cute fashion. "I tend to be the only one around here now days, so it's not rare I wait by the gate. Some things do get neglected though..." She chuckled. "The castle is probably covered in dust by now!" She laughed, a bit ashamed the place was so out of shape.
"Besides, it's my job to welcome people here. So, Vayne, is there any way I can help you get settled around here? Nothing is quite as busy as it used to be. I could have my cousin from the Embassy come and help you around as well, if you're uncomfortable with me." Aki realized that many would probably not be at ease while walking around with a clan leader. "My cousin is younger than me, but she's a stern spirit. A lot of people are put off by her." Aki giggled. "I'm older, but she's always the one to reprimand me. That's why I put her in charge of the Embassy; an iron fist, that one."
"Considering the Embassy," Aki mussed, a thought occurring to her, "she, my cousin that is, could also help you around the rest of the city of Byako - there's a lot here. She's the one specialized to all of that. You may not have realized, but I've never left Kabina - I'm kind of bound to this place. Never had a chance to explore Byako myself." Aki shrugged and bounced a little farther through the clouded ground. "I don't mind, the sky is where I'm meant to be." She smiled a smile that lit her eyes and her face. The ivory and gold wings on her back stretched wide and then folded again against her shoulder blades.

Kikuka

Rook500

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:58 pm
Vayne felt the years of learning proper royal greetings wash away as he stood. "Ah so all people are treated as equals here...interesting." Vayne watched amazed as she tucked her hair once more How can she fit that much hair under there?" he thought.
Once she was done telling him of her cousin Vayne smiled at the thought of meeting this person of strong will. And when Aki flexed her wings it as she laughed it was a sight to behold. The way the wings shone bright with white and the gold glittered through the wings. But as he took in the spectacle the words of Aki came back. To hear how she never left the city had made his smile slowly fade away.
"That is a sad thought to hear my lady. To stay in one place, even a place as this, would be too much for me to bear. You must truly be one of strong will. But as to the answer to your cousin. Please do as you wish. I can work alone or with others. I will do my best as a member of this kingdom." Vayne said as he looked around. The sound from there voices drifted around the city and almost made it seem deserted. "My lady why does it seem so...quiet?" Remembering how she wanted to be called by her name Vayne said meekly "I mean Aki"  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:31 pm
Aki smiled at his self correction. She was glad he wasn't going to be one of the type she had to always remind. She contemplated his statement for a little bit, considering her response. The ends of her wings curved naturally around her and absently she stroked the feathers, smoothing them as she thought.
"Citizens and clan members are free to come and go as they please. I'll take you to the locksmith here and get you your own key. The key to the silver gates of Kabina is your symbol of citizenship." On a silver chain around Aki's neck a key hung just at the level of her collarbone. It seemed to just appear while she spoke of it. The key glinted a slightly different tinge of the silver chain, the key was platinum - the master key. Aki held the chain up for a better view. "It will look just like this," she said, "but citizen's keys are in bronze, since it's stronger than gold or silver."
"The master key is only different because it's made of the same platinum that makes up those gates you just passed through." Aki explained cheerfully. "It's a symbolic sort of thing, that's all." She gestured him to follow as she slowly began to walk the rising path once more.
"Kabina has always been quiet, Vayne. The city is a bit more active, yet even then..." She paused and glanced up at the castle and surrounding town. "Even then, it's people are always quiet. Such is the nature of people here, I suppose." She shrugged, once again fiddling with the end feathers of her wings. "And the festival is coming around soon, too. Just a few day's time." Aki smiled again. "It's the Festival that celebrates our formation. The day that our cloud was formed and the castle rose from the mist. Mostly a child's tale, of course, but the people here always enjoy the festival. Would you like to hear of it?"
They were entering town now, small shops and houses lining the sides of the road. It was colorful in different shades of silver, blue, ivory and gold. White light posts lined the sidewalks on both sides, ornate white bird cages hanging off the bottoms of the hanging lanterns.

Kikuka

Rook500

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:53 am
Vayne felt a forgotten feeling as Aki smiled at him. He hadn't felt this feeling in many years. When she brought up her wings and smoothed them out as she thought the feeling grew a bit stronger. Vayne let the feeling come and the abruptly stopped it and closed it from his heart. That feeling had gotten him in trouble many times before and he had learned his lesson.
As Aki told him of the keys he just nodded. Vayne smiled at the symbolic theme of the key she held personally. What caught him off guard was the fact that every citizen held one. "Right, all people are treated equally here. Must stop thinking in the ways of royal standing." he scolded himself.
When she told him of the festival Vayne's interest was peaked. He always loved festivals. A time to let loose and forget the days responsibility and for one full day enjoy life to its fullest. When she asked him to hear more Vayne replied "Yes please...Aki." The name still came out awkward. Vayne was fighting against all the teachings he had learned many years ago. But for the sake of making a new friend let go of all. "I would like to hear about this festival very much."  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:28 pm
"The beginning of the festival is said to have come around centuries ago. Mostly it's child's tales, but some of us choose to believe them." Aki's smile clearly meant she was one of those who believed.
"It has been said that angels were the children of doves. Have you heard of that? It's a 'legend' that began here." Aki gestured openly to the growing town around her. "This festival is called The Festival of the Dove, because of that legend. Do you see those bird cages there?" She pointed up to the ornate white cages hanging from the light posts. "In a few days time, each family will have one of those cages hung outside their door. And each cage will be home to a single dove. Each night a candle place atop the cage is lit, and burns until dawn. Eternal light, everlasting life, sort of thing, you see?"
Aki walked slowly through the street, taking her time to wave at those few people who passed by. "The doves are kept for a week, and the last day is when people stay out all night, giving out gifts and sweets, staying up until dawn. At the first light of day all of the doves are released and fly away. The same flock returns every year." Aki grinned and pointed to a rooftop near them. "They're already returning. The first of them are just over there." True enough, a handful of small white birds perched on the edge of the roof, cooing prettily.
"It's always so pretty, and very peaceful. My favorite festival of our year." She looked back over her shoulder at him and shot him a grin. "Kabina has short years, and many festivals. But of all of them, this is my favorite." Aki's wings fluttered, stirring a slight breeze. "Maybe it's because of my affinity to birds, doves in particular. Or because I act too much like a child, believing in kid's folk tales." She laughed and spun around. People watching on the street chuckled as they watched their leader go by, and they waved and called greetings to her and her companion. The town was getting more active now as they got closer to the center and nearer to the shops. Every now and then people took notice to the new face and called out 'Welcome!'s and 'Hello's and 'welcome to Kabina!'s.
Aki chuckled quietly, a soft musical chiming. "They're all suckers for a new face." She told Vayne quietly. "Gossips, every single one of them!"
Someone passing heard, a teen girl with small wings that sparkled a multitude of colors. She picked her head up and laughed, lightly tapping Aki on the arm. "I heard that, Miss Aki!" She told the clan leader in a light soprano voice. "Not that I can beg to differ for the older folk, but you know some of us value true information!" Her face was round and alight with smiling.
Aki giggled and nodded, touching the girl's shoulder in greeting. "I'll give you that, Zina!" She told the younger girl, Zina, lightly. Zina waved and continued on her way down the street, while Aki waved goodbye.
Aki turned to Vayne. "I stand corrected! But she didn't refute my statement about the new faces!" She flashed him a thumbs up and waved him to continue following her down the road.

Kikuka

Rook500

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:30 am
As Aki told him of the festival Vayne nodded drinking in the words. This festival sounded more fun with every word. Vayne tired to think of all the doves that would be involved and smiled at himself.
As people passed by with their hello's he replied to everyone with his usual greeting "May time grant you peace." He could feel the festival atmosphere from all around. Everybody had a small spring to their step, or in the case of Aki a twirl. He couldn't keep a smile from appearing on his face. As the girl,Zina, came and left and with the comment from Aki, combined with the festival mood Vayne couldn't stop a laugh. It came easily and wholeheartedly, as if used many times a day. "This city is wonderful!" he said while laughing. "I can't wait till I can start helping this city."  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:11 pm
"I'm so glad that you think so! So many people underestimate Kabina," Aki told Vayne with a small smile, "it's a joy when people can come and see Kabina for the enjoyable place it really is!"
Aki laughed with him for a short while, her hazel eyes alight and a light feeling in the atmosphere. "I'm sure everyone will be so thankful with your help here. We're a small population, but there's so much to be done! Everyone loves to have new people come in, even if it's just for a little while." They had arrived at the city's center now, a large square with a nice fountain at its center. Some small cafe's and other shops were set around the outside, some with places to sit or large windows to display their goods. Many places were sweet shops, or bakeries, others were the shops of craftsmen where the craftsman would set up his or her work place before the large windows so that passerby's may stop to watch or be tempted to enter.

Kikuka

Rook500

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:15 pm
Upon entering the square Vayne couldn't help but look at all the shops. As he looked around he finally remembered that he was still in his traveling clothes. Seeing as he wasn't going anywhere soon he looked for a small clothing store.
Seeing a small one a few steps he started for it but stopped. He turned to Aki and asked "Um...Aki? Does this city have it's own currency?" He looked back at a green cloak that hung just outside the shop with longing.  
Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff