Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
For those who Dislike Resident Evil 4 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate resident evil 4
  Yes
  No
View Results

Vankala

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:22 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Now, I'd hate to put Mikami on the same pedestal as Wesker, considering Mikami is just not capable of achieving that kind of coolness.
But it's kinda like RE1, isn't it? With the fans being Barry.
We thought that we were screwed over by the Company, whereas it was all the work of one man.

Kind of ironic, isn't it...? And not in a good way.... stare  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:45 am
Hey, he can betray the people who believed in him. He can wear leather trench coats to business meetings. But he'll always be but a fraction of ANY of the characters he created. Even Ashley.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:08 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
No, it was an Argentinian publication, so it's not even available in English. But they got their information from the Japanese magazines.

Ahem, some of us habla español. Can you ask him to link me or at least tell what magazine it was? I wanna see this evil for myself. razz  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:29 pm
It's a magazine that he bought, so no, there's no link. But umm... From what I've seen it's a magazine called Player1. (Pronounced Player Uno) But unless you actually go to Argentina, I doubt you'll be able to get your hands on a copy.

http://playeruno.com/2008/05/13/¡¡player-uno-1-en-la-calle/  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:56 pm
o_O... You know what this means? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THIS MEANS!!!??? EVERYTHING WE'VE EVER KNOWN IS A LIE!!! A HORRIBLE MISERABLE LIE!!! MUCH LIKE WHEN MY COLLEGE EDUCATION BEGAN, EVERYTHING I EVER HELD AS FACT HAS BEEN SHATTERED LIKE FINE CHINA AFTER AN EARTHQUAKE RAVAGES THE AREA!!! REALITY HAS BEEN TWISTED AND WARPED, AND I AM LEFT ONCE AGAIN HOLLOW AND CONFUSED!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:40 pm
Sorry, my sarcasm detector is on the fritz. Do you mean that?  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:21 am
Biohazard EXTREME
I must extend my deepest apologies to Capcom, and I have to say that my respect for Capcom has somewhat redeemed.
However, I have lost ALL respect for Shinji Mikami.

My friend picked up this magazine which had a massive interview with Mikami and according to Mikami:

He didn't like the way RE2 or RE3 turned out. Capcom forced him to make those games, but right off the bat, he didn't want to make anymore games in that gameplay style.
He doesn't consider RE3 a true sequel and believes that Code Veronica has more of a Resident Evil spirit and that it's a true sequel instead.
The only reason RE4 turned out the way it did was because Mikami simply refused to make anymore games in the classic Fixed Camera, tank control style, and that all along Capcom was basically forcing him to make them that way.

Knowing this, I have much more respect for Capcom, for the fact that they actually kept the series good for as long as they did, when Mikami would've s**t on it long, long time ago.

I mean, obviously, since RE4 turned out to be such a money making machine, there's no way Capcom could go back to the old style. But at least we now know that it was Mikami's idea to turn RE into what it has become, and not Capcom's.

Which makes a lot of sense, considering that the first 2 versions of RE4 were a black fog version and a hook man version, which have both been rejected by Capcom. So obviously, Mikami thought he was doing something right with 'possessed dolls' and 'black fog entity' as monsters in an RE game. I guess they just settled for Ganados eventually.

Point is, the blame is on Mikami.

My whole reaction to this cannot by typed on here because I would get banned for the obscenities I just exclaimed at my monitor.

User Image<******** you Shinji Mikami. <******** you.

Edit: Apparently ShadowLeggy (to those of you who don't know, she makes really funny RE fan vids on youtube) doesn't like where the series is heading towards either!

She recently released a new vid that illustrates her opinion over what she thinks 5 is going to be about.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:23 am
Yeah, I was excited to see that Leggy was among the enlightened.

*sigh* Profanities cannot express the hatred.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:38 am
NotteRequiem
Yeah, I was excited to see that Leggy was among the enlightened.

*sigh* Profanities cannot express the hatred.
Well, not COMPLETELY enlightened. She's still excited about one aspect of RE5, and that's 1 aspect too many.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:27 am
Well hey, I'm curious, not excited, to see what they're going to do with Sherry.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:13 am
Well, I dunno. Enlightened is a strong term. Frankly, it couldn't care less about any aspect of RE5. It honestly doesn't interest me at all, what they do with it.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:20 am
Why would I not be serious, Bio... that's the equivalent of learning in kindergarden that the pilgrims of Plymouth spent their first summer happy and carefree sharing with the indians... then in later grades you learn that HALF OF THEM DIED THAT WINTER DUE TO ILL PREPARATIONS FOR THE HARSH AMERICAN WINTERS!!!  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:33 am
Well, I dunno. Maybe it didn't surprise you, and you were expecting it to be that way, or something.
Cause it makes perfect sense. I mean, at first I thought, "Why would Mikami's last game be such a horrible abomination of the Resident Evil title?" When he could've made a traditional game as his last finale, and then Capcom would've had someone else make the new series. But it makes so much more sense this way.
But yes, that is the bitter truth.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:30 pm
are you saying that because i like RE4 is that i am stupid?

i'm still playing RE4 until that new star wars game comes out. and RE5. and i'm also playing the umbrella chronicles which explained a lot of stuff in the series before 4. plus if you watched the interview with the creators it wasn't just mikami it was almost every worker; they said the fixed camera was actually starting to get boring.  

Blackartist19

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:18 am
I never said anything that would imply that you're stupid. I never said people who like the new Final Fantasy games are stupid either, I just think they're simply terrible games. Umbrella Chronicles was pretty terrible, too. The storyline was so awful, I don't understand why you think, "explaining a lot of stuff" is a good thing. I mean, like I always say, some things are better left mysteries, and they're trying to take all the fun out of Resident Evil's storyline.

And who are they to say that the fixed camera angles are boring? They should be making games for their fans, people who thought there was nothing better than fixed camera angles.

I think first person shooters are boring, but if I were to be assigned to work on a first person shooter, I'd be making it for the people who would be buying it. Not for myself, that's just selfish.

But my biggest problem with it, by far, is the storyline. I could let go the over the shoulder camera (Aside from the backflips, jumping out windows and oh god, that oh so awful laser scene-which, like many things in REd, Mikami recycled from another action game about robots in the future) if the story was half decent and the characters were well written.
But RE4 is pretty hard to take seriously. Horror is supposed to have suspense and tension, and there was NOTHING of the sort in RE4. And when you think there might be some tension, it gets broken. Either by Leon's smartass comments, Ashley's annoying voice or the bad guys. And oh god, they couldn't have been worse, you either have Saddler with his, "I want to suck your blood!" Dracula voice, or you have Salazar with his, "Meester Kennedy! Salazar will not let you have the one ring!"
With horror, if they intentionally (or what seemed like intentionally) make the narrative sound stupid and cartoonish, then it's not gonna be scary. That's why Code Veronica wasn't scary either.

Look at a game like Cold Fear, I thought the controls were a little jittery and uncomfortable. And that was the only problem with it. Aside from that:
The camera was over the shoulder.
The dialogue was serious, and the voice acting was convincing.
The ammo was scarce.
The enemies were freaky without being too over the top.
It was a scary game. If you gave that game the aim mechanics of RE4, then everything else would've made it a far better game than RE4 could ever be.

Shinji Mikami wanted to make something about ghosts, but he would've screwed that up too, since it seems that in his true vision, he knows nothing about what makes horror scary.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games