Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Númenórë - A LOTR Community
Eambar: Off-Topic Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Onoj

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:16 pm
I love Age of Empires! I actually got through playing it just a little while ago. (Conquerors Expansion pack up top!) I HATE Final Fantasy simply due to the turn based fighting. I was considering getting The Third Age then heard it was turn based so I decided not to, same with Knights of the Old Republic. I like Star Wars games better than any others but I just can't stand the TBF it takes it down to a matter of luck rather than skill.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:20 pm
thaxul
Menegil
thaxul
I love RTS games too....One of my favourites is Age of Mythology, and the classic, Age of Empires, but that is too aged nowadays.
WHAT SAY YOU?! evil

Age of Empires is a classic. It is not aged. It is STILL one of the greatest strategy games of all, I tell you! Oldness doesn't matter!! whee

I know it doesnt...it is a great game, but too slow! sweatdrop

In what way is it slow?

Like Menegil said; although it's not that new, I still consider it to be one of the best strategy games out. (along with Cossacks) wink  

Khorkalba

Zurgi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:21 pm
Talking about Zelda again, Windwaker really didn't live up to the standards of the other games. That's my comment. The new Zelda that's due out next year (I think?) looks wicked though.

Here, because I'm bored, I'll list all the gameboy games that are in this plastic bag in front of me (the ones that are mine, at least, not my brother's):

Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble
Kirby Nightmare in Dream Land
Spyro 2: Season of Flame
Spyro Orange: The Crypto Conspiracy
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mario Tennis
Super Mario Advance
Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
Warioland 4
Warioware Inc
Harvest Moon
Harvest Moon 2
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
Lord of the Rings, the Fellowship of the Ring
Lord of the Rings: the Two Towers
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Sims Bustin' Out.

Phew.

And The Third Age is currently in my Gameboy xd

Anyways, Onoj, I love TBF. I don't think it takes it just down to luck though. With FFTA you really need to strategize how you're going to do everything, there is a lot of strategy involved with the TBF games I play. And yeah, TTA is TBF.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:01 pm
Turn based require strategy...

I just love it when people say Wind Waker doens't live up to the past Zelda games and then don't elaborate. It makes me shout out with glee! Why, I wish everyone would make a comment without further explaining. It would make this world a better place.

*nods*

Yeah, I liked Wind Waker. Meh.

Gameboy games. Hmm. Wow, this may be awhile.

Metroid: Zero Mission
Metroid II: Return of Samus
Metroid Fusion
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: Adventure of Link
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
Golden Sun: The Broken Seal
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Dragon Warrior I & II
Dragon Warrior III
Dragon Warrior Monsters
Pokemon Blue
Pokemon Yellow
Pokemon Gold
Pokemon Crystal
Pokemon Trading Card Game
Harvest Moon GBC
Harvest Moon GBC 2
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
Kirby's Dream Land 2
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Super Mario Land
Super Mario Land 2
Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land
Wario Land II
Donkey Kong Land
Donkey Kong Land 2
Tamagotchi
Bart vs. the Juggernauts

Keep in mind that a lot of those are gifts that I have never touched ever but I have the insane inability to get rid of my games.  

Falathrim

Menegil
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:07 pm
thaxul
Menegil
thaxul
I love RTS games too....One of my favourites is Age of Mythology, and the classic, Age of Empires, but that is too aged nowadays.
WHAT SAY YOU?! evil

Age of Empires is a classic. It is not aged. It is STILL one of the greatest strategy games of all, I tell you! Oldness doesn't matter!! whee

I know it doesnt...it is a great game, but too slow! sweatdrop
Even my Stone Age computer runs it fast. o.O  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:13 pm
Falathrim
I just love it when people say Wind Waker doens't live up to the past Zelda games and then don't elaborate. It makes me shout out with glee! Why, I wish everyone would make a comment without further explaining. It would make this world a better place.

*nods*

Yeah, I liked Wind Waker. Meh.

Now, I didn't say it was a bad game. I do like the game, I just didn't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed OoT. And I tend to make comments without explaining seeing as most people don't really care anyways. Anyhoo, explanation:

I found Windwaker to be less exciting and captivating. Some of the things in it just severely bored me. I found the whole idea with sailing for however long got on my nerves after a while of playing, especially considering the fact that once I fell asleep while sailing from one end of the map to another, and ended up severely screwing up my game.

I did enjoy the game though, but there were just some parts that irked me. Most Zelda games have fun side challenges here and there, and this one did have loads, which is an aspect I enjoyed. I love the side challenges. But again, some of the things just annoyed me.

I'd go into a lot more detail but I haven't played it in over a year and hence, have forgotten specific instances.

That's as best of an explanation I can offer right now, so meh.  

Zurgi

Onoj

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:15 pm
I dunno i just can't stand turn based fighting. It always seemed like it was luck to me instead of strategy. My cousin is terrible at them but the very first time I played final fantasy I beat it in a day, while most of my friends are still having touble with it. Also my cousin just got Knights of the Old Republic and he couldn't get past this one fight with some dark jedi no matter what strategy he picked out or grenades or force powers or anything. I had never even seen the game before, randomly clicked powers and attacks without even knowing what they were and won. He was so mad. It has ALWAYS seemed like luck to me.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:19 pm
Onoj
I dunno i just can't stand turn based fighting. It always seemed like it was luck to me instead of strategy. My cousin is terrible at them but the very first time I played final fantasy I beat it in a day, while most of my friends are still having touble with it. Also my cousin just got Knights of the Old Republic and he couldn't get past this one fight with some dark jedi no matter what strategy he picked out or grenades or force powers or anything. I had never even seen the game before, randomly clicked powers and attacks without even knowing what they were and won. He was so mad. It has ALWAYS seemed like luck to me.
Oh no, it is not about luck. You only need luck when you're character is blind. xd

Yeah, Turn Based games are very easy, but they are quite amuzing! Not to mention they feature some of the most amazing graphics of all videogames. eek  

Menegil
Vice Captain

Onoj

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:29 pm
I will admit that Knights of the Old Republic has some amazing graphics. They are coming out with a sequel very soon in fact. I just hope someday they will make the good ol' button mashers with graphics that good. wink  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:30 pm
Oooh, I posted earlier about KOTOR 2!! *drools*  

curumo

Nimbrethil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:32 pm
Onoj
I will admit that Knights of the Old Republic has some amazing graphics. They are coming out with a sequel very soon in fact. I just hope someday they will make the good ol' button mashers with graphics that good. wink

Yay, I know what you're talking about again! XD

KotOR II: Dec. 7th (here, anyway)

No, I'm not looking forward to it at all. wink  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:40 pm
Nimbrethil
Onoj

Yay, I know what you're talking about again! XD

KotOR II: Dec. 7th (here, anyway)

No, I'm not looking forward to it at all. wink

Where is here?  

Onoj

curumo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:43 pm
Teh Canada. Yeah. Ontario, more specifically. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:43 pm
Wooh for Ontario Tolkien fans xd  

Zurgi

Nimbrethil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:45 pm
Onoj
Where is here?

Isn't that one of the questions that has plagued philosophers and common thinkers since before Socrates was a babe suckling at his mother's breast?

No. No it isn't.

Anyway... yeah. Canada. That's what the video game store near my house told me, anyway.

Edit: They didn't tell me I was in Canada, they told me it was out on the 7th. Because I just realized that that didn't make sense.  
Númenórë - A LOTR Community

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games