Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 418 419 420 421 422 423 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:24 am
Well, yeah. But a good way to not b***h about something is to avoid it. It's like the people who b***h about something that's on TV. You got the remote in your hand, idiot, change the channel if it bothers you.
It's like with Resident Evil movies, you got all these people who bitched about how much they hated the first movie then they went to see Apocalypse because they were 'curious'. It's the same writer, if you don't like the way he writes his movies, you probably won't like the sequel. Then they came back and bitched about Apocalypse. Then Extinction came along and they went to see THAT. Came back and bitched about it some more.
I agree with you, bitching about something you can't change is pointless, but at the same time, if you know less, you'll b***h about less. I constantly talk about how I dislike all the Final Fantasy 7 spinoffs. I never said, "I'm 'curious' about Crisis Core, I'll go buy it." I never bothered. I know I wouldn't like it. But I'm not gonna b***h about specifics because I don't know them. And I'm happy I don't.
I'm not gonna complain about the specifics of RE5 the way I complain about Ashley's annoyance, because I won't know them. I know that it incorporates the Merchant system again, and I think that it's damn stupid. But I don't know the stupid things that Chris any other character says, or does. So I couldn't complain about it even if I wanted to.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:37 am
as true as that may be, you can still ignore it, but b***h about it. It's just in an indirect way. Exactly, but curiosity is a big part of human nature. If you follow through with your curiosity, don't b***h or complain about it. Here's when ignoring it comes into play.

Since Crisis Core was mentioned, if you like a challenging game, this game is not for you. I let it slide that it was a spinoff of FF VII, well, actually it was a prequel and well, I got through the game, without dying in a few hours.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:47 am
I'm a VERY curious person. But I have a limit after which I say, "I simply don't give a s**t." And yes, you're right, if you THINK you're not gonna like it, and you check it out anyway, then don't b***h about it. Unfortunately we live in a society where everyone thinks that people care about what they have to say.

See, I don't think people should let the fact that it's a FFVII spinoff affect anything. A bad game is a bad game. Maybe not as bad as Dirge of Cerberus, it's rare that something is THAT aweful. But are you saying that you let Dirge of Cerberus slide, too? Or if you haven't played it, that you WOULD let it slide if you did play it?
Actually, I think the opposite. FF7 was a great game (until they killed the storyline for me), but that would mean that the fans should be that much more critical of the spinoffs. It's a mind state. Instead of saying, "The original was good, so I'll let this one slide," people should say, "The original was good, so does the spinoff live up to it?" Which, to date, I don't think a single FF7 spinoff came even CLOSE to living up to it, story wise.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:00 pm
Well, it being a spinoff affects alot. As in, you might expect since it bears the FF VII name, for it to be a turn based. What I meant by let it slide, is that the plot for FFVII was overused, so the plot of the game was something that was stopping me from playing it. That's what I look for in a game, is atleast a halfway decent plot. I played Dirge of Cerberus however, and well, I need not go into details, but it has made me iffy about Square Enix. I know they can still produce good games, but if that's what is going to happen to a best seller, than, I may have to call it quits. But back on topic, it just purely meant that I'll forget the plot. For spinoff games, I look for plot last, and focus on gameplay.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:06 pm
But the problem is that calling them spinoffs is like calling Survivor a spinoff. As far Capcom is concerned, Survivor is a part of the Resident Evil canon. And just the same, as far as Square is concerned, all these FF7 spinoffs are also a part of the FF7 canon. And when they acknowledge stuff like that, it's impossible for me to just ignore It.
I can't play RE4 and just pretend like it's some other game, because I keep its intentions in mind. And I can't play the FF7 spinoffs while ignoring the storyline.
But I mean, if you're gonna ignore the storyline and you don't ignore the gameplay of Crisis Core, which you said wasn't that good. So then, what does that game have to offer?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:59 pm
Virtually nothing, much like Dirge of Cerberus.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:10 pm
I thought as much. And yet... It gets a 9.5 on GameSpot, higher than God of War.
When I saw that, I thought, well, Crisis Core is probably longer and more challenging. But you beat it in 3 hours? That's just pathetic.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:14 pm
I didn't keep track of how long, but it took less than 6. And that's without dying, and doing a few side missions here and there. Remember though, review sites like that don't care about the game.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:22 pm
No, I realize that. I wouldn't trust GameSpot for a moment.
I trust my former instructor and his reviews a lot more:

http://elecplay.com/articles_review.php?article=11753

And surprise surprise, they didn't even bother reviewing Crisis Core on their website.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:12 pm
Well I missed quite a conversation.

So uh, who saw Batman?  

Mr. Kennedy

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:14 pm
Oh no... Not another one! We're done talking about Batman, please, just... Don't... gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:17 pm
Great Movie.

End of discussion.

So uhhh yeah...  

Mr. Kennedy

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:21 pm
You can continue the other discussion about how big gaming sites have shitty reviews. Or shitty critics, I should say.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:24 pm
Hmm yeah it seems it happens far too many times that I stare at a review and ask wtf.

What were we talking about, FF reviews?  

Mr. Kennedy

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:27 pm
Well, it started off with how people think a movie is gonna suck, then they go see it and they don't like it, so then they come bitching about it. That if you don't think the movie's gonna be good, don't go see it. And if you do go see it, don't b***h about it, it was your choice.
So then it went onto how I thought that Crisis Core was gonna be crappy, so I never bothered playing it. That I can't really b***h about the specifics. But then Elliot told me that HE found it crappy, and I started talking about how Gamespot gave it a 9.5 and gave God of War a 9, and that it was bullshit. So we agreed on that.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 418 419 420 421 422 423 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games