Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4212 4213 4214 4215 4216 4217 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:26 pm
Happy Memorial Day to you as well, Welian, and to everybody else here! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:02 pm
<3

I found the first website I ever joined - somehow, it's still up and running. Insane....  

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:10 pm
well, our plan is to leave here via motorhome/RV in about five years. We shall see if that comes to pass. Once the kids are old enough to venture out on their own, we can focus on our happiness. By no means are we going to give kids the heave-ho, but once they become roommates we have more options. If you do come this way, damn skippy ya better tell meh.

I have heard the name of TotalBiscuit, but that is about it.

I honestly don't remember the first site I ever joined. I know the first real chat site I joined is still up and running- but is heavy with errors. The owners just don't have the drive to maintain it. Worse yet, the titular woman that is one of the founders and I had a falling out in FB, so that is not a road that will likely be looked over anytime soon. Cest La Vie. Now this place? after something like 14 years, it is my online home. For better or worse, this is where I reside.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:05 am
ninja  

Ruined Horizon

Distinct Genius

5,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:54 pm
Ah, a mobile home will be quite the adventure, and you can relocate as desired to some degree.

Not sure what the first website I ever made an account on was. Don't remember much before Gaia, but I know there were places before then...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:24 pm
Hello people of the internet!

I'm Allie and as you can see I have just joined the guild. I missed roleplaying so much! I'm so excited to get back into it. My writing skills will probably be a little rusty, but it will be great practice.  

AllieCats3

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:04 pm
AllieCats3

Hello Allie! Welcome to our hobbit hole!

I've had a bunch of songs stuck in my head, now everyone else gets to suffer.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:05 am
Its an adventure I do not look forward to, old friend. However, it is the only way we can come up with to have a place to stay that will allow us all our cats. I refuse to abandon even one of them- so we need a place to move to/with that will not breach that caveat. I have about 5 years to get used to the idea, and we talk about it often. Here's hoping it comes together.

Pleasure to meet you, Allie. I wish we were more active here, but the Refuge always welcomes new people.

That is a lot of links there, Wellie. sweatdrop  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:13 pm
@Allie: Welcome! biggrin

@Welian: An eclectic mix, but not bad. Baba Yetu gives me such Civ 4 nostalgia.

@Magni: Ah, pets definitely add a host of constraints to any relocation.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:35 pm
So . . . E3 is winding down. I'm left with a feeling of meh, with a dash of dissapointment.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:12 pm
Agreed. Kind of sad when people can legitimately claim M$ had the best show.
Nintendo's showing was more Smash Direct than Nintendo Direct, and I've outgrown Smash (read: i have no friends).
I am very much hyped for the new console Fire Emblem game, and the footage of it was great; now to wait a year...
Octopath Traveler is out soon, so i'll be sinking some good time into it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:21 am
I don't know if it's because I'm too picky, or if I mostly outgrown my games. There was just so little that really made me sit up and want to pay attention. I like the way some games looked, others were really interesting in concept. But I don't see very many I'm willing to spend the high price of games on.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:49 am
I still love video games, but I rarely find a chunk of time I can regularly dedicate to gaming, and thus don't have the motivation to game. Such is adult life (and, to be fair, prioritizing anime over games).

Most games also get cheaper 12 or sometimes even 6 months after release. For instance, Yakuza 0 & Yakuza Kiwami are really good games if you have any interest, and they are pretty affordable by now.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:33 pm
Both games and movies are known to drastically cheapen with time. Moreso games I think, but in both cases it all depends on starting price, and popularity. Some games are still as much as release, while others are understandably in the $1 bin.

I really don't devote much time to video games, but when one comes along like God of War, I make it a point to play. I am a sucker for a wonderful story. Then again, that plays into my limited scope of things I gravitate to.

incidentally, Dammit HeroAca. You made me cry again.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:43 pm
The higher starting prices of games as compared to movies/books means % changes make a bigger impact.
Nintendo is pretty bad about keeping their games high price for a while, though with Switch their games seem to drop to the $40s-50s range before too long.

I recently went back to Quake & Unreal for some classic fragging fun.

@HeroAca: Not sure if you're 1 ep behind or no, but, yes, it had an excellent climax.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4212 4213 4214 4215 4216 4217 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games